Connor Hughes: Jets have the best WR Corp 1-4 in NFL

KO91

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Not sure about that, but the Jets WRs are definitely good enough to compete, which is all I care about 

I care about someone in that receivers corps stepping up and becoming a star player.  A guy who can get open, Zack can throw to confidently, and who can actualy catch the ball and produce significant YAC.  LaFleur, make it happen, bitch.

• Post of the Week 1

I think if you were figuring this out you'd weigh the top guys more heavily and the bottom guys less heavily and this statement makes the most sense. 

I guess if you argued the Jets have the best #4 receiver in the NFL maybe you'd have an argument, but that is not the same as being the best 1-4.

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, at first I thought this was ridiculous.  

It still might be.  I’m not even sure who the top 4 are to be honest.  I assume he means Davis, Moore, Crowder and Mims.

But whether you consider Moore or Crowder the 3 or Mims, Berrios or Cole the 4, the 3rd and 4th receiver are probably in the conversation as the best 3rd and 4th receiver in the league.  

So then if you say Davis is a mid tier 1 and one of Crowder/Moore is a mid tier 2, then maybe the point is not so far fetched, but I’m not ready to say that about Davis or Moore yet.  I could see it before long, but not yet.

A quick edit:  I thought the title said one of the best.  They are definitely not the best.  Tampa is head and shoulders above everyone.

• Upvote 2

Here’s basically the only thing I like about this roster right now: the Jets are in the discussion because they have a very strong 3-4 and a number of guys are interchangeable in this system 

the thing to be excited about with this team is Wilson throwing to some of these WRs.

witb regards to what Connor said, it depends on what you think of Moore. I happen to love Moore and think he’s gonna be an awesome pro (I loved him in college  and I pounded the table for him on draft day), but that’s obviously a huge IF 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The WR's are solid.  The talent is there if we can just protect this kid.

IMO we have to think outside the box on this one.  The line needs more motivation to protect Zach.  I don't know if it's a fine for giving up a sack, or whoever gives up a sack has four flat tires on their ride after the game.  Or the first person who gives up a sack is benched, then the second sack gets them cut in the next game.  

Or....................................................

If you give up a sack, you get nothing but Salmon for a month.

• Haha 1