TE Not a draft priority

TE is such an important weapon for a  WCO like this.  And a great safety blanket for a young QB like ZW.  No way Jets don't make a concerted effort to get one in FA and one in the draft. 

I said in a thread last year.  Jets should make a Dustin Keller award for the next TE who catches 60 balls for the NYJ in a season.  Dustin was the last one to do it in 2011.

When will the next one be?    

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Does this FO realize Stafford was essentially wasted bbecause they waited 5 years to draft a TE (Ebron) and he sucked ass?

Don't make the same mistake assholes

The year Stafford was drafted, they also took Brandon Pettigrew in the 1st round.

• Haha 4

I think the analytics are very powerful, and when you look at the analysis produced yesterday that showed the bust rate/position, it ties together better.  

When you look at Kittle (5th round), Schultz (4th round), and all of the various TEs who have underachieved picked in lower rounds, and all of the needs the team has, you can see a GM focusing on the analytics may want to avoid taking a TE too high.  But that being said, teams are not focusing on that more, and past performance does not necessarily indicate future results.  

Paying up for a Schultz who has proved that he can be successful in the NFL is obviously a smart idea.   But if I am JD, that 3rd round pick could be a good one for a TE.   

I think this is a misleading post.
Saying TE is not a draft priority only means they are likely attacking TE in free agency. 

I can pretty much guarantee everyone that Schultz/Gesicki will have more receiving yards than any of the TEs in this class. Not because they are better, but because TEs take time to develop.

TE's RARELY help year 1. Pitts was a generational talent, playing with matt ryan and finished with 1 TD (granted also 1k yards). Kittle and Andrews both had a measly 500 yards as rookies.  

Jets are finally in "win now" mode. Any TE they take will have a marginal impact this year, so likely not a priority in the 1st/2nd round.  

• Upvote 1