### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

Just now, Mogglez said:

The rest of the Sam Darnold draft sucked.  Our first pick after that was an old Canadian DT.  3 of these 4 guys were number one at their respective positions going into the draft and the other was 2nd or 3rd at his.

That’s where I differ from many of you.

Those predraft rankings mean nothing to me.

The draft is such a crapshoot that even the best GM’s are wrong a lot of the time.

So many people though Jermaine would be top 10 yet 25 teams/picks passed on him. 

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's a running back. It's the easiest position in the league to plug and play. Every year you see UDFA's and lowly drafted guys thriving behind good O-lines. 

I'm shocked we did and I'm going to love the player but RB doesn't suddenly become a premium position because you want it to and people are always going to question taking them early unless it's an absurd Adrian Peterson type. 

A quality guy who can catch, run, and block is good to have to split carries with Carter. If it were that easy L Perine would be a contributor. Hall is a play maker not a 3 yards and a cloud of dust guy.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

How many times have the jets lost to teams with very good running backs?  Why can’t the jets have one too?  They touch the ball a lot every game, the impact games.  

Yeah okay buddy. It's a running back league. Someone should tell the teams.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am drenched in sweat because it's a million degrees, they are charging me $8 for 5oz of water that even isn't cold and I am still so damn happy.

I was originally hoping for dean and hall in round two. But the way it worked out is much better.

This has been an amazing draft for the Jets.

with that kind of heat its a disgrace they are charging 8 for a bottle of damn water

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Hall is far and away my favorite pick. In a run first offense, his pass pro, hands out of the backfield and speed/size he’s just perfect for this offense 

Same.

Love the Hall pick.

Much better than day 1 imo.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The rest of the Sam Darnold draft sucked.  Our first pick after that was an old Canadian DT.  3 of these 4 guys were number one at their respective positions going into the draft and the other was 2nd or 3rd at his.

I was just talking about Sam.

Excitement does nothing for me.

Give me wins. 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am drenched in sweat because it's a million degrees, they are charging me $8 for 5oz of water that even isn't cold and I am still so damn happy.

I was originally hoping for dean and hall in round two. But the way it worked out is much better.

This has been an amazing draft for the Jets.

You guys must be having a blast

1 minute ago, Facts said:

That’s where I differ from many of you.

Those predraft rankings mean nothing to me.

The draft is such a crapshoot that even the best GM’s are wrong a lot of the time.

So many people though Jermaine would be top 10 yet 25 teams/picks passed on him. 

The draft isn’t the crapshoot it was 20 years ago.  They’re getting better and better and prognosticating these kids’ careers.