Potential replacements for Saleh

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Saleh will not be fired.  After things cool down they will convince woody things are on schedule. 

Year 1 3 or 4 wins

Year 2 7 wins and playoff contention

year 3 playoffs.

At some point Jets ownership has to demand playoffs. The two biggest holes on this team are at QB and OL, and JD has been here for a while to fix those positions, and he has failed miserably. I would hope Woody will think about opportunity cost when it comes to staying the course and missing out on any potential candidates for GM and head coach. Think about that. If the Giants stayed the course with Joe Judge, they would have missed out on Brian Dabol and Joe Schoen. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

At some point Jets ownership has to demand playoffs. The two biggest holes on this team are at QB and OL, and JD has been here for a while to fix these positions, and it has failed miserably. I would hope Woody will think about opportunity cost when it comes to staying the course and missing out on any potential candidates for GM and head coach. Think about that. If the Giants stayed the course with Joe Judge, the would have missed out on Brian Dabol and Joe Schoen. 

"Meaningful golf in December"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Which is why I wait the year and can Both Saleh and JD if need be

Saleh still has 3 years left on his deal....Woody is still paying Gase....no way he pays 3 HCs

JD is going into his 5th year of a 6 year deal....you'll have to decide on an extension anyways....I'd rather the full measure then the half one.....

This is Gase's last contract year. If you fire Saleh, you would be paying 2 HCs next 3 years. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

Cool.

Fire LaFleur.  Then what? Who's replacing him? Another "young offensive genius" who has never actually won anything in the NFL?

Saleh wouldn't even know where to start. He knows as much about offense as a dog knows about chess.

Sean Payton. Show him the money.

Simple bring in a veteran to run the offense. What has Sean Peyton done without Brees btw?

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think Saleh has to be very careful next week against the Dolphins. Jets need to come out and play well in that game. If they look like they did today he could be in trouble. You just never know.

window dressing. a win and strong showing will just show that neither happened when we were still in contention. a single even impressive win over Tua-less fins when neither team has anything positive going right now would be anticlimactic and almost insulting.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

the would have missed out on Brian Dabol and Joe Schoen.

49 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Brian Daboll and Joe Schoen flipped the Giants in a single year

yes its one year. we should all take it easy on their praise, they could be one year wonders.

Barkley is 4th in yds. i seem to remember we were pretty damm good when Hall was killing it. lets see if they let Barkley go how good they are next year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

yes its one year. we should all take it easy on their praise, they could be one year wonders.

Barkley is 4th in yds. i seem to remember we were pretty damm good when Hall was killing it. lets see if they let Barkley go how good they are next year.

Oh, I agree, but 1 year > 0 years. That said, Barkley was unusually healthy this year. Henry misses games every year too.. your offense basically being "Hope our RB works a miracle" has it's limits. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Saleh isn’t getting fired. He flipped the defense in a single year. He may get pressured into firing LaFleur like he should though.

He absolutely may after overseeing a 5 games losing streak to take them out of the playoffs especially after the last 2 abominations. An actual good coach does not let this happen. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JonMcgraw38 said:

I think this is becoming a real possibility especially if Saleh no shows next week against a third string QB. 

Potential options:

Frank Reich: NFL QB,  40-33 record as a HC, Experienced OC and QB coach. 

Mike Kafka: Very good Big Ten QB, Northwestern grad, Backup QB with Eagles, coached and played under Reid, coaching in NY under Daboll 

Ken Dorsey: Heisman Trophy winning QB, cup of coffee in NFL, will bring Daboll system to Jets

Wink Martindale: Successful DC in Baltimore and NYG. Feisty no-nonsense guy (no more soft practices), bring an aggressive defensive style that could take this D to the next level 

Kliff Kingsbury: Great QB at Texas Tech, cup of coffee in the NFL. HC at Texas Tech 35-40 record. HC at Arizona Cardinals 28-34 record

Kingsbury? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

Daboll deserves a lot of credit for the GIants turnaround. He did it with a lesser roster and got the most out of Jones and cut down on his TO's drastically. Unlike Saleh who only gave Jets fans a reach around Daboll did at least get his team into the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Remember when we hired Joe Douglas in early June of 2019? Imagine if I told you then the Jets would be 19-46* over 4 seasons, 3 free agency classes, and 3 drafts. I also tell you the OL unit and QB positions are absolutely a disaster. Would you expect Joe Douglas back for a 4th off-season?

*I'm counting next week vs Dolphins as a loss

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Woody very quiet on social media yesterday. Not a word after announcing they were wearing white on white.

He has to be humiliated after bragging that this team just doesn’t quit AND raising ticket prices when they were 7-4.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember when we hired Joe Douglas in early June of 2019? Imagine if I told you then the Jets would be 19-46* over 4 seasons, 3 free agency classes, and 3 drafts. I also tell you the OL unit and QB positions are absolutely a disaster. Would you expect Joe Douglas back for a 4th off-season?

*I'm counting next week vs Dolphins as a loss

Zach wrecked his tenure. JD has done better at other positions he just needs to sign a vet qb like Brady or Carr he cannot draft QB

Coaching matters.... I get all the people who think we are just a QB away from contending, and that might be somewhat true. However coaching matters. We've never had someone who knows this game since Parcell's staff. Every coach since then has been a kindergarden teacher. We need discipline in our next coach and someone who has X's and O's in their heritage.

• Upvote 2

What's more ridiculous is that no one has mentioned on this board of how owner Woody Johnson is interfering with the team again!!!! He returns and already there are rumors that the coach should change the OC. What is next???

People should relax but Saleh in his second year as head coach won 7 games with a injury riddled offensive line and injured RB Reece. What failed this season is QB Zach Wilson, he started good then he completely took a nosedive during the season. I cannot blame Saleh or LaFleur. That is something that Wilson himself has to work on no matter what in the offseason. But he should know now that there is going to be a QB challenge next season, so he better be ready to compete.

One thing I noticed, and I don't blame LaFleur or White or even Saleh, but the Seattle defense stepped up for this game. If anyone else saw this game but where were the other WR's (Davis, Mims, and Moore), the only people getting the ball were the TE's, WR Wilson, and the RB's. What happened to the other WR's especially Moore and Mims who were crying to be traded? Corey Davis needs to get dumped because what the Jets are paying him his number should be like Wilson the rookie. 

I commend GM Joe Douglas for what he has done, and this season was even harder on him especially when the Oline falls apart and QB Zach Wilson forgets how to play the game. You know this offseason Douglas will do everything possible to make the playoffs.

9 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Simple bring in a veteran to run the offense. What has Sean Peyton done without Brees btw?

Why would a veteran attach himself to Saleh? He's a nobody, who basically has a playoffs or out mandate if he sticks around.

The Brees comment is beyond stupid. He developed Brees. What Peyton has done in his career is fantastic. What Saleh has done in his career is absolutely nothing. Two can play that game... what has Saleh done without Sauce? Less than nothing?

8 minutes ago, AL047 said:

What's more ridiculous is that no one has mentioned on this board of how owner Woody Johnson is interfering with the team again!!!! He returns and already there are rumors that the coach should change the OC. What is next???

People should relax but Saleh in his second year as head coach won 7 games with a injury riddled offensive line and injured RB Reece. What failed this season is QB Zach Wilson, he started good then he completely took a nosedive during the season. I cannot blame Saleh or LaFleur. That is something that Wilson himself has to work on no matter what in the offseason. But he should know now that there is going to be a QB challenge next season, so he better be ready to compete.

One thing I noticed, and I don't blame LaFleur or White or even Saleh, but the Seattle defense stepped up for this game. If anyone else saw this game but where were the other WR's (Davis, Mims, and Moore), the only people getting the ball were the TE's, WR Wilson, and the RB's. What happened to the other WR's especially Moore and Mims who were crying to be traded? Corey Davis needs to get dumped because what the Jets are paying him his number should be like Wilson the rookie. 

I commend GM Joe Douglas for what he has done, and this season was even harder on him especially when the Oline falls apart and QB Zach Wilson forgets how to play the game. You know this offseason Douglas will do everything possible to make the playoffs.

Joe Douglas apparently has the longest leash in professional sports. He’s bad. His record his bad. He should be relieved of his duties after Miami. 

• More Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Joe Douglas apparently has the longest leash in professional sports. He’s bad. His record his bad. He should be relieved of his duties after Miami. 

Joe Douglas should not be blamed for anything!!! He took over a team that had no foundation at all!!! He built this team slowly and it started coming around but of course you get injuries that set you back like this season with the Oline. Joe Douglas is not the problem at all but the injuries and players not stepping up is the major problem!!!!

The only choice is Payton otherwise its worth giving Saleh on more season.  The issue with payton though, and he was very clear about this on the rusillo podcast is that he cares most about stable/smart ownership and that is not something we have here.  In addition it would require a first round pick going to the Saints, and that isnt a smart idea either.

• Upvote 1