Mangold as OL Coach ?

Screenshot_20230113-061303_Instagram.thumb.jpg.136dcab23771a37dbf3ccb62598dd68f.jpg
Bold Move Indeed but I'm down with it. Also OCHO as WR coach n Chadwick as OB Coach
Is it me ? Mangold was an OL god ... A man's man .. Absolutely one of my favorite Jets ever ... but he never came across as a driver. Doesn't seem like a guy likely to crack the whip ... Oh yeah ... Storywall.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Love Mangold and everything he was for us as a player and advocate in his retirement however, he has ZERO experience as a coach while other guys have dedicated their careers by starting at the bottome and working their way up. From a fan and team's perspective, are we going to give the responsibility of such an important coaching position to someone who was a great player but ZERO experience? 

He coached his 400lb teenage sister ? keep him away from Becton 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Is it me ? Mangold was an OL god ... A man's man .. Absolutely one of my favorite Jets ever ... but he never came across as a driver. Doesn't seem like a guy likely to crack the whip ... Oh yeah ... Storywall.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Spent a lot of time with him, did ya?

• Haha 4

Screenshot_20230113-061303_Instagram.thumb.jpg.136dcab23771a37dbf3ccb62598dd68f.jpg

This reads like a poll... sounds like something Woody would have put out... to just get a feel of the reaction of the fanbase.  I like Mangold & being a center you make all the line calls on who to block, I would give him serious consideration, but as stated above maybe behind an experienced OL coach 1st.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why he’d wanna do it….probably enjoying retirement…..may have the itch to get back.  No experience?  Gotta start somewhere.

Will say this he would immediately get respect/buy in from the room…..as a guy who has done it and excelled recently which is important.

• Upvote 2

I love it.  Yeah, I know he has not been a coach before, but so what.  He knows the position and he was a very technical player.  He also called the line signals.  He knows a lot of offense.  Along with that he is an A+ character guy, and by all accounts, very likeable and a good communicator.  

If anyone can be a good coach and influence it is Mangold.

Bring him in.  If not OL coach, than call him a position coach,

Get him on the staff.  The only worry is for Saleh.  Mangold could replace him as HC in a few years. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Bring him in as an assistant and see what happens. 

This!!!  Bring in a vet OLine coach and let Mangold be his assistant.  Just because players were

great doesn't always mean they can coach.  Mangold would have to earn his stripes 

• Upvote 2