Another Lauren update; prayers are appreciated

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sitting in the hospital writing this, Lauren is having a procedure in the morning. She lost the ability to walk in December and has been in a wheelchair since. No problem, we bought a ranch, I transport her and we bought a car with a hatchback to make taking the wheelchair easy.

She keeps getting infections and has been hospitalized several times this year. Battled through each time, one being 12 days in the ICU.

This past Monday her leg pain was a 10. Took her to the hospital, for excruciating pain and after a few rough days the pain management program is giving relief. Unfortunately, it is opioid relief so she is zonked.

Procedure in the morning on her back to help the leg pain. They are optimistic about it and said they should be able to cut the meds and get her home this week.

She is resilient and tough, so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated! God Bless and thank you.

Prayers already being sent mother Mary’s way.

she is watching over your family

• Upvote 1

Lauren is a superhero. To have the will to live under such circumstances is extraordinary. My mother had a very difficult life. She was the victim of a terrible car accident that severely damaged the quality of her life.  She was diagnosed with cancer in the later years of her life that eventually worsened. She stayed strong for years but when my dad passed from Parkinson’s, she lost the will to live and a year later the cancer took over. We pray for Lauren to continue the will to live. Miracles happen!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sitting in the hospital writing this, Lauren is having a procedure in the morning. She lost the ability to walk in December and has been in a wheelchair since. No problem, we bought a ranch, I transport her and we bought a car with a hatchback to make taking the wheelchair easy.

She keeps getting infections and has been hospitalized several times this year. Battled through each time, one being 12 days in the ICU.

This past Monday her leg pain was a 10. Took her to the hospital, for excruciating pain and after a few rough days the pain management program is giving relief. Unfortunately, it is opioid relief so she is zonked.

Procedure in the morning on her back to help the leg pain. They are optimistic about it and said they should be able to cut the meds and get her home this week.

She is resilient and tough, so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated! God Bless and thank you.

So sorry to hear this.  Best wishes to Lauren (and your whole family).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Look forward to hearing she's comfortably enjoying the family at home, my friend.

• Upvote 1

You guys are never far from my thoughts and prayers... Keep on keeping on ... She's a warrior.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

So sorry to hear this.  She is very Lucky to have you in her corner.  You’re setting an example to your kids and everyone on this board on how to stand by your spouse in a time of need.  There are no medals for it but it’s heroic.  Huge respect!

• Upvote 1