SALEH FIRED

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

Have you been watching? This season is obviously different from all the others. They have Rodgers on a one-year lease and Little Woody wants to win the entire enchilada this season. There's no such thing as patience at Florham Park now. I thought it would take a couple more losses for this to happen, but still, it's not surprising. 

I’ve been watching. Saleh wasn’t the one playing like total sh*t. It was the douche QB on a lease. 

My point, if we are win now, AR is not going to get it done. Change has to be at QB along with OC. And eventually and hopefully soon at GM. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The firing of Saleh but no firing of Hackett shows this was a Rodgers vs. Saleh fight and Rodgers won. 

100%. Seems that was pretty clear with the "unexcused absence" stuff, the huge/shove stuff, the cadence "hold them accountable stuff" etc.

There's clearly been something brewing with Saleh and Rodgers all season.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This move tell three things.

• Woody still has faith in the roster
  • Woody still has faith in Rodgers
  • They're going to sign Adams today

Or....

It's just been bad press and Woody, first and foremost, cares about PR.

It's the last one. Even that dumbass couldn't take any more bad press. 

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This move tell three things.

• Woody still has faith in the roster
  • Woody still has faith in Rodgers
  • They're going to sign Adams today

Or....

It's just been bad press and Woody, first and foremost, cares about PR.

Answer this quiz as if you were Adams.

Do you want to go to 

A - Dumpster Fire USA with rookie HC

B - A Perennial Super Bowl Contender w/ the best QB in football

C - A Team with a Dynamic Playmaker at QB that is learning how to play from the pocket and is coached by a stalwart

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

I’ve been watching. Saleh wasn’t the one playing like total sh*t. It was the douche QB on a lease. 

My point, if we are win now, AR is not going to get it done. Change has to be at QB along with OC. And eventually and hopefully soon at GM. 

They all suck

Couple thoughts:

Mid season HC changes almost never work out.

Glad it's Ulbrich though, the defense is very very good and shouldn't be changed.

Thank you Robert Saleh.  "Elite human" - excellent DC.  But he wasn't getting the team ready to play on Sundays.  Slow starts, lack of urgency and accountability.  This must be a Woody move but feels like it needed JD's stamp of approval. Wonder where this leaves him.  I'd like to keep JD.  How will this effect Davante?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Have you not been watching? We are 2-3. Jets don’t fire at 2-3. Jets don’t fire at 1-15. Woody doesn’t fire in season. That’s a known fact in the league. Until today. The football aspect is just a cover. He deserves to be fired for his coaching but that’s not why he was fired today. He should’ve been fired months ago. 

I’m not going to argue over the politics or whether I agree. I’m just saying don’t do it here. Mods will tell you the same. I was just trying to keep you out of hot water. Sorry I bothered.

• Upvote 4

Well, I’ll be a monkeys uncle. I’ll take the L on this one because I can’t remember the last time Woody fired a coach midseason.

Well, I’ll be a monkeys uncle. I’ll take the L on this one because I can’t remember the last time Woody fired. I had coach midseason

now go get yourself a real head coach!IMG_5121.jpeg.58b7cb9cb3d2fe92d66f6b682d12eda3.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Answer this quiz as if you were Adams.

Do you want to go to 

A) Dumpster Fire USA with rookie HC

B) A Perennial Super Bowl Contender w/ the best QB in football

C) A Team with a Dynamic Playmaker at QB that is learning how to play from the pocket and is coached by a stalwart

You are correct..   But my best guess right now is the Jets are going to fork over the 2nd (which is absurd) where as KC and Balt. aren't stupid enough to do that for a 32 year old one year rental.

This will be a Raider call, not an Adams one (and Adams won't veto it)

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Couple thoughts:

Mid season HC changes almost never work out.

Glad it's Ulbrich though, the defense is very very good and shouldn't be changed.

Thank you Robert Saleh.  "Elite human" - excellent DC.  But he wasn't getting the team ready to play on Sundays.  Slow starts, lack of urgency and accountability.  This must be a Woody move but feels like it needed JD's stamp of approval. Wonder where this leaves him.  I'd like to keep JD.  How will this effect Davante?

Joe Douglass assembled this mess. He needs to go too

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Good.  Nice guy but not a head coach.  Once he basically admitted that he won’t discipline or hold any players or coaches accountable was the end 

I think it was when he told the halftime reporter on Sunday that "We just need to keep doing what we are doing". I cannot imagine that sat well with Woody and JD.

• Upvote 1

Jets fired head coach Robert Saleh.

Defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich will take over as interim head coach. Apparently the Jets had seen enough after three lackluster seasons and a sputtering start to the 2024 campaign. Saleh has had a dicey relationship with Aaron Rodgers, including a couple well-documented sideline interactions that did not appear entirely friendly. Saleh’s defense was elite throughout his time with the Jets. Since the start of the 2021 season, Saleh’s Jets defense has allowed the sixth lowest offensive success rate and has been stellar against the pass over the past two seasons. Saleh had the misfortune of being tied to the success or failure of Zach Wilson, the team’s first round draft pick in 2022 who flamed out immediately. Rodgers’ Week 1 Achilles tear in 2023 was another blow for Saleh, who once again had to lean on Wilson. A defensive coordinator before landing the Jets top job, Saleh, 45, will likely be a popular coordinator prospect during the offseason.

43m ago

Source: Adam Schefter

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000192-6c3b-d1b7-ab93-eeffea6e0000

53 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

i cant believe this is real

Woodrow DEFINITELY reads Jet Nation message boards.

I can’t help but think I played a small part in this happening and am glad.

I liked Saleh too and wanted to see, and actually thought he would, win lots of games with a real QB.  But when it really became apparent to me that the guy really is Nothing but a Fake as a HC, because you can continuously see him get OUT-COACHED even in the 33% of the time the Jets actually Win a game with him on the sideline, there was only one move to make and thankfully it was made today.

I hope Saleh is hired as a DC somewhere and has success, but a HC he is Not and probably never will be.

7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I'd expect Ulbrich to move Manuel up to DC, and retain Boyer as ST coordinator.

The Billion dollar question is what happens at OC. Rodgers will want to keep Hackett, so this will be interesting.

During my Presidency, Aaron Rodgers will be given the option to exit the building whenever he chooses if he is unhappy with the offensive staff changes.