Barr to the Jets, or not

playtowinthegame

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

Lets give a big enough garuntee to set up for life the guy who's main critiscism is he's lazy.

This isnt last year’s coaching staff. Williams will wear his ass as a shoe if he is lazy. 

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

How so? From what I've heard Barr can do it all (cover, rush the passer, play the run). I've only heard of Houston as a pass rusher. I don't follow other teams players much.

Barr was a beast as a pass rusher at UCLA. Vikes didn't use him that much as a rusher. Gotta figure that will change under Williams.

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

How so? From what I've heard Barr can do it all (cover, rush the passer, play the run). I've only heard of Houston as a pass rusher. I don't follow other teams players much.

“Only pass rushing”? Houston is a great pass rusher and that’s something w haven’t had in years. Barr has proven thus far in his career to be good. He does nothing great and he’s below average in coverage. I concede one thing tho, Barr still has pass rushing upside and that might be why we’re so hard for him.

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

“Only pass rushing”? Houston is a great pass rusher and that’s something w haven’t had in years. Barr has proven thus far in his career to be good. He does nothing great and he’s below average in coverage. I concede one thing tho, Barr still has pass rushing upside and that might be why we’re so hard for him.

Barr has never had more than 4 sacks in a season

To put it in perspective. Quinton Coples has 6.5 sacks as a rookie and Jordan Jenkins had 7 last year

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Because rushing the passer is way more important than the other stuff.

9 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Why the big woody for Barr? He has 13.5  career sacks and 1 interception.  I don't get it.  Splain Lucy.

The Vikings played him out of position his entire career as a strongside 4-3 OLB and he still managed to be a pro-bowler.

His natural position was always as a 3-4 OLB.

The dude is 6’5 260 and had 24 sacks over his last two years at UCLA.

Barr appears to be a flexible, do-everything LB (at least in MIN's system).  That would be a nice compliment to a pure pass-rusher like, say, Josh Allen.  I am not very familiar with him, but if we target him and not Houston, that suggests to me that JA is the likely target in the draft.

Archived