Where are You as a Fan Now?

Where YOU now as a FAN?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. This is Where I am now.....

• This team sux and I hope they lose every game so Gase gets fired and we have a chance at the number 1 pick.
    • I will hope they win every game for the rest of the rest of the year, because I love my JETS and I am used to this.
    • I will just watch but I could care less, because I am worn out.
    • I won't watch this team and will rake leaves or anything else on Sunday.
    • I am a bottom feeding troll from another team and hope they lose.
    • I just want Sam to do well.

Like Frodo going into Mordor, there is no hope and the ring weighs heavy around our necks yet he still managed to get it into the Crack of Doom

Left the stadium Monday night thinking that it will be quite some time until I return, if at all, By Tuesday, I was looking forward to the Jaguars match and looking up more home games on Stub Hub

• Upvote 1

Honestly, pretty frustrated since 2015, as it feels like we've wasted a lot of time, draft capital and effort for very little returns..  I mean after Idzik left, we were sorta primed for a big rebuild.  Lots of picks, lots of money, very few 'bad' contracts, etc.  At least with the right management, there was a hope of doing something useful (eg building a solid foundation that could last for a decade)  Then we pissed it all away on a insane win now season, where we went after aging superstars. Anyway, fast forward a few years and yea it turns out that basing a rebuild on stars that are finishing their primes, is a pretty bad idea.   Who knew?

Well the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again, and lo and behold, we went and did the same thing and blew a ton of money on FAs so as to make sure there is nothing left for the future..  Of course, now a new administration is going to want to jettison everyone again, so that's probably another lost year (a 2014 Idzik season all over again).  You will see that by that time, Mosley and Bell will be past their prime, and it will be another headache.

The one silver lining in this predictable fiasco, is that we somehow were awful enough to get a high pick and seemingly by chance, picked a QB that might actually be franchise material.  But of course, we stick him behind a garbage OL, nearly get him killed, and now might run him out of town before he even has a chance to develop. 

Turning a football club around is not something that takes place in a single off season.  The fans, the media and management have been catastrophically impatient, and its led to mistake after mistake.  Anyway, I have hope that the current GM can get the ship righted, but I've definitely  re-evaluated my time frame for when I think we will have a playoff caliber team by at least a year.  So yea, there will be a lot more waiting...

• Upvote 3

Voted that I hope Sam does well.   Can't stand this team/franchise.   I follow along, but mentally gave up after the 2011 season.   Only watch when I feel like.   Really hope Sam does well so we can change all that and maybe bring me back, but life is too short to waste 3 hours a week watching bad football.

• Upvote 1

Im at the point where coming here to see the same people saying the same things over and over again has kept me away the last week.

Darnold isnt going to he replaced because of one horrible game.

Gase isnt getting fired this year

The Johnsons arent going to sell

Yes, you do pass in the face of a 0 blitz defense..........

• Thumb Down 1

I voted for Sam to do well.  BUT I moved to NC in 1995 when the Jets were really shltty.  No internet, no access to games so I didn't feel like I was missing much from 93 to 96.  These last few years feels like that.  I am hoping we turn it around in the next year or two but it's hard to be positive short term. Whether it's gase, the O-line etc.. we are weak in so many areas.

• Upvote 1

The Jets had a chance this offseason to get it right. All they needed to do was fire the GM and the coach at the same time, bring in a football ops guy and let him hire the GM and let the GM hire the coach and let the new GM collaborate with the coach and spend the money this offseason and start fresh with a new draft. Instead they retained the worst GM in recent memory, handed him several blank checks and another draft, despite his known ineptitude of finding any discernible talent There. Then, after they let him weigh in on the coach, they bring an “offensive genius” who outside of a couple good years with one of the best QBs of all time, hasn’t proven anything except that he’s a below average head coach and an unlikable person. 

The depths of the idiocy of this franchise apparently know no bounds. Now, staring into the abyss of another losing season, one more closer to having to make big decisions with a QB (that we can’t protect or get receivers open for), you’d like to know where my fandom is?

I changed the channel before 9pm on Monday because it was already and unmitigated disaster and I’m glad I’m not in NY any more so I don’t have to subject myself to this circus weekly. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Xtina said:

It’s a New Jersey - ism. Accepted vernacular 

and now in a ridiculous quest for authenticity Siri navigation is saying Route as “rout” (as in rhymes with about) instead of rhymes with root. After I drive about 40 miles it goes back to “root”. Does android pronounce it correctly? I switch over sh*t like this. The only “rout” is what a wide receiver runs 

Siri is correct. ?

I picked all the options.

Because the poll let me.

But in truth, I'm worn out.  I will watch.  Mostly.  And I'll post.  And I care.

But in truth, I'm a bit tired of the Jets and Same Old Jets results.

I honestly fear this is the Red Sox kind of thing, that the Jets will never see a Super Bowl, much less win one, in what remains of my lifespan.

Dear Lord, I'm not a praying man, but please....please......let my Nats win the World Series.  Let them, this fun fun team, give me what the Jets never could.

P.S. This Avatar may be the perfect one IMO:

image.png.dc360fe3059660ba7a77a0a3bd5c08d3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I stopped caring a while ago. Seasons like this I give them maybe a quarter on Sundays, but otherwise I'm out. Life is short and I don't need to sacrifice 4 hours per week to a team that gives no sh*ts about me as a fan and more importantly no sh*ts about ever winning anything. As a whole the NFL kinda sucks now anyways.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I stopped caring a while ago. Seasons like this I give them maybe a quarter on Sundays, but otherwise I'm out. Life is short and I don't need to sacrifice 4 hours per week to a team that gives no sh*ts about me as a fan and more importantly no sh*ts about ever winning anything. As a whole the NFL kinda sucks now anyways.

That is me.

Why watch, I just get irritated.   Every NFL game has crap officiating, with BS calls that piss me off.   I can do literally anything else on a Sunday and have a better time.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:12 PM, Scoop24 said:

come Sunday 1pm everyone in this thread will be front of there TVs watching the game . We live for torture Lol

You hit the nail on the head. After every bad loss I say I’m done and I’m no longer wasting my time but by Wednesday I’m already excited for the next game full of optimism. It’s such a violent cycle.