***The Official*** NY Jets-Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If you watch this game and think Darnold is the issue, or even remotely close to the issue, you are crazy.  

Worst O line play i have ever seen. More often than not they stand around with their thumb up their ass looking for someone to block while free rushers are killing the QB.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I get it, but the same players or lesser talented players last season were merely bad. Now they're beyond atrocious. 

Despite being so inept, nothing in the blocking scheme has changed. Maybe go back to what these guys were doing last season instead of just hammering these square pegs into the round holes

That's on Gase. Last year, the pass blocking was average. The OL was bad last year because they couldn't run block. This year, they cant run block and pass block. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, it's the season that's cursed.

It really is...  Macc made some bad decisions (Osemele, Tru) - but the biggest reason for this disaster by FAR is injuries.  People can pretend that all teams deal with these kind of injuries but they don't..  I've never seen anything like it..  It's hard to get mad when this is NOT the team that was put together to play on Sundays..  Edoga starting LT???  I guess Beachum not as bad as people here were saying a couple weeks ago.

thing is, I see nothing interesting about Gase's "scheme"...

no-back sets with a poor OL and a virtual rookie QB. Looks like garbage.

I actually kinda like the Jets defensive foundation...yeah, absolutely need CBs and speed rusher(s) but you win games in the trenches, primarily, and they have good inside guys and, LOL safeties. It's primarily outside where they need help.

Too bad they need OL AND WRs on offense. At least Griffin looks great at TE and the other idiot Herndon. that's about it for that unit.

• Upvote 1

The Tackle
  1. Always keep your head up. ...
  2. Hit the player on the thigh pad with your helmet across the body. ...
  3. Keep your back straight. ...
  4. Wrap BOTH arms around the player, preferably around their legs. ...
  5. Pull the player sharply towards you with your arms. ...
  6. Lift and drive.