McShay’s First Mock

InstantClassic

Just now, maury77 said:

He moves very well, especially considering that he stands with such a wide stance. What I like most about Wills is his punch. He seems to frequently hit it at almost full extension and he absolutely stones motherf*ckers when he connects. He's twitchy for a big guy. 

Can you post up any links to game tape performance? I'd love to break him down and give a true overall draft grade.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, RobR said:

They definitely do because Saban burns them to the ground for the sake of winning another NC. Just look at what he just did with Tua.

I also think they seem to be better players than they actually are because each of them is surrounded by 5 star recruits and they are typically up by 4 scores by the middle of the second quarter if not sooner.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think Thomas is gone before we pick. Chase Young is going to hurt. He will be the next super star Edge rusher.

If doesn’t matter, last year we had the next super star edge rusher right there for the taking. Most of us wanted Josh Allen (I also wanted Marquise Brown)who already has double digit in sacks.  What does we fan know? when our sophisticated mind, Macc knew something that we fan didn’t know, so he predictable picked the BPA at number 3, hilarious.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

If doesn’t matter, last year we had the next super star edge rusher right there for the taking. Most of us wanted Josh Allen (I also wanted Marquise Brown)who already has double digit in sacks.  What does we fan know? when our sophisticated mind, Macc knew something that we fan didn’t know, so he predictable picked the BPA at number 3, hilarious.

just think...  had we drafted Allen we could be five and nine!  

alas... we picked Q and are forced to witness the Jags greatness while we wallow in misery at 5 and 9.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DRJETS said:

The Jets ungodly obsession with run stuffing D.T’s. The stupidity of which is why over the last decade have the worst roster in football. Drafting zero impact players in round one will **** you up.

Mo Wilkerson 

Quentin Coples 

Sheldon Richardson 

Leonard Williams 

Quinnen Williams

Besides them you can throw in Calvin Pryor, Darron Lee. Any wonder we are in this state?

If any Jet GM ever Even thinks of taking a D.T in round 1 again, they should be violently ejected from draft room, and fired on the spot.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Every year I call for a trade down and we never do it so I have given up on that.  Maybe Douglas will be different.

Biggest indictment of our front offices the last 15 years plus is the consistent failure to play the draft and roster sufficiently to maximise draft capital. It hasn’t helped that every year we manage to win a meaningless December game to push us just out of range of the ‘fleece them and get a haul’ positions and it’s all well and good accumulations picks but if your scouting and draft team are then utterly incapable of making the right picks(see the Idzik 12). But having the 3rd overall pick last year and being totally unable to get anyone to dance with you is poor. It’s a fine balance between staying put and getting a difference maker or elite talent in the top 3 and dropping down to accumulate but I am just praying that Douglas is a master at playing the draft as well as has accumulated a team that can actually pick the right players.

• Upvote 2

While a lot of you are Gase haters, my optimism for this draft comes from the fact we've jettisoned Rex & Bowles, 2 DCs that had 90% of their drafts go towards proving how badly they really coach defenses. 

Any decent coach could succeed when Darelle Revis is putting on a clinic taking out the best WRs in football in man coverage. He literally had 1 more defender/player than the offense to work with. 

Then we get Bowles trying recreate what he has in Arizona, drafting back to back safeties. Meanwhile they were missing on 90% on defense, Pryor, Lee, AND missing on WRs, Smith, Stewart, Hansen.

I think JD knows the defense has enough players with the addition of CB & Edge Rusher to compete if we build a dynamic offense around Darnold. This upcoming 2020 draft will be ALL OFFENSE at the top. And just take a look a where our picks are and who might be available. OLINE-WR-RB. Usually, drafts don't seem to line up to the Jets needs, except QB, lol. Macc passed on so many QBs for a QB needy team, he should have been fired for just that alone. Forget Mahomes, passing on Watson was a fireable offense. 

But back to the 2020 draft & JD. I love the matches of team positions of need that coincide with who might be available in this draft. Lot of good LTs, WRs, RBs, and we have 2 thirds, sweet spot for a Guard, RB combo. 

• Upvote 1

we need so much help we need to sign some players at the edge and the oline. If Cooper is there make a run at him as well. then play the draft and se what happens.There is nothing wrong with signing two olineman and drafting another or signing cooper and and drafting a receiver. it is not like we are missing 1 or 2 players at certain positions we need multiple players at edge corner and oline. 

Fill as many holes as we can via free agancy and then see how the draft plays out

17 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Wills moves nice doesn’t he?  I’m a big fan.  I brought him up a while ago in the draft forum when someone was talking about Leatherwood.  

looking forward to see how the Ohio State OL looks on the 28th - should be a good game 

The interior players on that line do not get the attention they deserve - could be good for the Jets draft 

I think it was Brandon Scherff who said moving from left to right (or vice versa) is like learning to wipe your butt with your non-dominant hand. 
I tried it, for research. Not easy. 

Don’t care if he’s “blindside for a lefty” or not, Darnold is a righty, we should target someone with experience at LT. 

This.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

True, but that will improve with a better OL. 
Siemian would have probably been a functional backup if he didn’t get killed 

11 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

We should still draft somebody late to develop.  Siemian shouldn't be our go-to for a backup,  We can do better.

A guy like Dalton would be a huge get if he doesn’t get any looks as a starter. Although even then he would probably go somewhere with a starter on the hot seat.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I also think they seem to be better players than they actually are because each of them is surrounded by 5 star recruits and they are typically up by 4 scores by the middle of the second quarter if not sooner.

This is also my concern with Alabama players coming into the draft.  They can be a bit overrated.  Not bad, of course, just a bit overrated.

It'll be very interesting to see how the OL prospects fare in the post season.  If no major shifts occur, I really like Thomas and Wirfs, and I dearly hope the Jets can nab one of them.  And, if the Jets can somehow score another first rounder via a trade, I'd grab Tyler Biadasz (C, Wisconsin) if available.

Then go WR in the second, and back to OL early in the third.

Watched every single Georgia game since Thomas was on the roster. I love UGA and let me say this...

ANDREW THOMAS IS ABSOLUTELY THE 12+ YEAR LEFT TACKLE THAT YOU ALL WANT NEXT TO SAM. 

He is legit. This guy is the real deal. He played RT to start his collegiate career and finished looking even BETTER at LT. Really strong, fluid movement, extremely good pass blocker, nice run blocker.

• Upvote 4

The Tankathon Mock has the Jets top 4 picks as:

#7 - Trisitn Wirfs OT Iowa

#44 - Walker Little OT Stanford

#67 - Darryl Williams G/C Mississippi State

#75 - Nick Coe DE Auburn

I'd prefer more of an OLB/Edge rusher over Coe. Not sure why they has the Jets picking Coe when Marlon Davidson from Auburn was still on the board.

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Watched every single Georgia game since Thomas was on the roster. I love UGA and let me say this...

ANDREW THOMAS IS ABSOLUTELY THE 12+ YEAR LEFT TACKLE THAT YOU ALL WANT NEXT TO SAM. 

He is legit. This guy is the real deal. He played RT to start his collegiate career and finished looking even BETTER at LT. Really strong, fluid movement, extremely good pass blocker, nice run blocker.

I'm in

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, rammagen said:

we need so much help we need to sign some players at the edge and the oline. If Cooper is there make a run at him as well. then play the draft and se what happens.There is nothing wrong with signing two olineman and drafting another or signing cooper and and drafting a receiver. it is not like we are missing 1 or 2 players at certain positions we need multiple players at edge corner and oline. 

Fill as many holes as we can via free agancy and then see how the draft plays out

I'm fine with Signing Coope or even Sherrf, but I have to say that I am hoping the Jets don't try and fill all of those holes with FA.  I would rather see JD go OL, WR, OL OL with the first 4 picks and then begin to think about D with maybe a CB, Edge in the 4th, 5th and 7th.

I honestly think if the Jets D gets its players like Mosely, Williamson, Cashman etc back healthy we will be fine. As long as our offense can score points. Protect Sam with a wall of an OL and give him a true number one WR to add to Crowder, Anderson (if resigned) DT, Herndon and Griffon.  We will see a different team right there. This offseason should be lopsided with offense and OL and WR in particular. And not FA heavy imo. 

I really want to see the Jets get away from paying these tired second and third contract guys to come here and blow balls. The superbowl team is likely not gonna be built for 2020 no matter how we slice it. So I'd like to see the FA sprees end and end now.  Let's get to the place where the guys who leave us in FA generate more draft capital in the comp pick game. 

Now if JD can just HIT on his picks.... 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Tankathon Mock has the Jets top 4 picks as:

#7 - Trisitn Wirfs OT Iowa

#44 - Walker Little OT Stanford

#67 - Darryl Williams G/C Mississippi State

#75 - Nick Coe DE Auburn

I'd prefer more of an OLB/Edge rusher over Coe. Not sure why they has the Jets picking Coe when Marlon Davidson from Auburn was still on the board.

Any mock that does not have the Jets taking a WR with one of their top 4 picks is off base, IMO.