Jets have the 3rd hardest schedule in '20

According to Sharp Football Stats.

They go by averaging each teams predicted win total for the year by various legal sports betting books.

They claim this is a lot better than the way it's done now, which goes off last years record. That makes sense to me.

Other teams of note... Miami has the 20th, Buffalo 14th, NE 9th and the Giants have the 2nd 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

They go by averaging each teams predicted win total for the year by various legal sports betting books.

They claim this is a lot better than the way it's done now, which goes off last years record. That makes sense to me.

Other teams of note... Miami has the 20th, Buffalo 14th, NE 9th and the Giants have the 2nd 

No offense- but I think people read too much into this. It goes by division except two games by the last place team- so it’s basically relative to all the teams in the division.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Sooo, basicly the teams that suck, the league wants to keep it that way? Anyone else think this schedules are always shady for the Jets?

• WTF? 1

Didn't Sean Payton say recently that there are about 10 or 11 relevant teams in an NFL season?  That sounds about right.  I can't imagine all of those teams can be projected on last years record.  There's always a ton of roster turnover, attrition and injuries that dictate how a franchises' season will wash out.  So who really cares about last year's record.  If the team fails to perform in certain areas then we will know if Gase's leash will be pulled around his throat.  Also if Sam doesn't make the necessary steps towards being a complete quarterback. 

Sometimes, we make the off season harder that it needs to be.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Gase excuse train is arriving in the station. All aboard!

Yeah I agree on this, everyone in our division is playing essentially the same schedule minus 2 games. The only QB’s the jets play this year that are truly great are Mahomes and Russel. Schedule should not be an excuse. 

• Sympathy 1

I always say "it's not WHO you play but WHEN you play them".  We will know after tonight just how tough the schedule is.  Jets always get screwed with like first 7 games against playoff teams!  crazy!  I'd rather have some "cupcakes" at the start of the year; build up some confidence with wins, THEN be ready for the tougher games at the end of the year.

See last year, they had the tough games up front, then the "easy games" in the middle/towards the end.  That's what made last year so impressive IMHO:  to be 1-7, there is no longer such a thing as an "easy game" because guess what?  those teams were looking at the Jets as their easy game.

if the trend for the Jets continues, they will be playing at Buffalo, at Seattle, home for KC, then niners to start the season.  it's amazing, really!

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I am going down on record right now, 5-11.  If he can't achieve that, Gase must go.

SAR I

The Jets will achieve a hard-fought 9-7 This year. We will be in every game and win a few against Elite teams. Everybody will love Adam Gase by the end of the season. Trust me..

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I am going down on record right now, 5-11.  If he can't achieve that, Gase must go.

SAR I

Seems like a really low bar set.

I guess it all depends on what kind of losses we are having.

If Sam ends up throwing for 4,500 yards, 40 TD’s, 10 picks and we end up around 5-11/6-10 with most of the losses being one score last second losses due to defense or special teams, then I might be inclined to bring Gase back because he proved his worth an offensive coach and QB guru.

Barring that from happening, Gase needs to at least be around .500 and have Sam take a nice step forward.

2 hours ago, Gibby said:

No offense- but I think people read too much into this. It goes by division except two games by the last place team- so it’s basically relative to all the teams in the division.

You’re 100% correct. How does Miami have the 20th schedule and we have the 3rd when we have the same schedule except we play 2 games against the 3rd place teams in the division that they play the 4th place teams. It makes no sense. 

Nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned.  Jets have added enough talent and depth to be a legit contender for the wide open AFCE. 

That's the goal.  Whether it takes 9-11 wins...Jets will be in the thick of it.  And maybe who wins the division...is decided last game of season...Jets vs Bills!

You all can turn over the hour glass on that HC-QB stuff.

IMO...Jets have the QB...they can get it done.  

We'll see what happens.

Can't wait!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Gibby said:

The hard part is all the travelling playing both AFC and NFC West divisions. That is a proven stat over time. Not exactly who they play... but also playing the 2 teams in the last superbowl also doesn't help.

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Sooo, basicly the teams that suck, the league wants to keep it that way? Anyone else think this schedules are always shady for the Jets?

No. Opponents are selected based on a known formula. The only thing that is random is selecting when they and selecting home and away games. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t get it. Jets, Bills, Dolphins and Cheaters play exactly the same teams except TWO games that are played against teams ending in similar standings within the conference. Only thing that skews this a little bit is when, for example Pats play the Jets. Pats May be playing a 6-10 team twice and Jets May be playing a 12-4 team. Twice. Based on past standings. It’s only skewed cuz you stunk so much. No conspiracy there. 

3 hours ago, TNJet said:

Dear God, could someone please teach people a class on how the NFL sets its schedule?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

But this is why the Jets don't stand a chance this season. They'll be facing the very best teams. The Jets were horrid last season but because they had such a bunny schedule they managed to win 7 games. Make no mistake this team is still horribly undertalented. This season will tell the truth about this team. That is the following:

2020 Jets will be shown to be horribly undertalented and thoroughly outmatched on a week by week basis. I think their ceiling for wins is probably 4?

• Thumb Down 2

23 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Dear God, could someone please teach people a class on how the NFL sets its schedule?

Oh no, the guy too ignorant to know that every NFL team's list of opponents is fully set years in advance (except for the 2 games set based on the prior year's standings, none of which the NFL has any control over) gave this post a thumbs down. However will I live down the shame?

• Upvote 1