Mike Greenberg advises Lawrence to stay at Clemson if Jets pick 1

Rhg1084

Just now, FidelioJet said:

He won't go back.  That would be insane to leave, at a minimum, $30mm on the table.  But he can essentially force to Jets to trade the pick.

If he makes it known he won’t sign with the Jets, and they draft him anyway, then he could simply sit out a year a re-enter the draft if the Jets don’t trade him.  

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

In other news; the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. 

we're worse than Covid

do you think his stance changes if they fire gase and theres another coach brought in?  Greeney is such a typical fan.  RIght now yea the team blows big time so stay far away TL but if we had a better coach next year he'd be begging him to come out.  its all just media fluff, makes me sick there isnt a genuine person anywhere

25 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I'm honestly on board with keeping Sam, and trading the picks for multiple #1s.    If you can get a haul like what the redskins got for RG3, absolutely do it.

They just have so many holes to fill.

I think if they have a chance to draft Lawrence and he is a generational talent like mahommes then they have to take him. I don’t mean trading up either.  If they would have to trade up I’d rather see them fill in more holes.

He's a frustrated fan like the rest of us. 

And right now there are very few of us that would disagree with him.

Obviously, if they get rid of Gase, let JD hire his coach - and then let that coach fill out his own staff.

We night then have an organization in place that has the ability to actually raise a young franchise QB.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

If he makes it known he won’t sign with the Jets, and they draft him anyway, then he could simply sit out a year a re-enter the draft if the Jets don’t trade him.  

JD has shown his hand that he will allow top players to force their way off the team.  I tend to agree that, as things stand - if we have #1 overall we'll have to trade it.  

We'll get a haul I'm sure, but we'll be passing on a generational talent.

He's not wrong. 

But just remember this - there is always hope. I lived in California for years and got to know some Golden State Warriors fans. That franchise was in the wilderness for a very long time before Curry and Co. came along. 

Things can change, even if it feels impossible right now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, johnnysd said:

He will come out and play for the Jets. The Eli Manning thing was about money pure and simple.

Incorrect. The "Eli Manning thing" was Archie Manning recognizing that the Chargers were a sh*t show back then and not wanting his son to play for them. 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Nothing wrong with what he said. This is one of the worst  jobs in the NFL. Why would anyone with any other options come here and work for the numbskull Johnson brothers?

Because we will have a new coach and 4 #1 picks in the next two years. It's SOJF that actually go a long way in to making sure we don't get a Trevor Lawrence. You guys are actually contributing to making the team worse via social media. Do you not get that? The players are plugged in to it. 

• Thumb Down 2

44 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

I hate that Greeny is basically the public spokesperson for Jets fans. 

Well, what has Joe Douglas been saying recently?  Is he speaking for the Jets?

In the absence of a leadership voice people tend to fill the vacuum.

Come out of the basement, Joe, and give fans and media some guidance about what you're doing with this team and roster.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Incorrect. The "Eli Manning thing" was Archie Manning recognizing that the Chargers were a sh*t show back then and not wanting his son to play for them. 

Horsebleep. He did not want to go to the smallest market in the NFL. That was just his cover story