Teams calling about Quinnen?

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Nucleus?

We're on a rocket ship spiraling out of control towards the sun, man!  Players trying to eject before this whole thing burns down.

Yep.  There's no "nucleus" when you're on pace to be the 2nd worst NFL team of all-time. 

Burn.  It.  All.  Down.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

The draft has always been the Super Bowl for Jets fans, but we have been trading away players with talent for years.

Keyshawn Johnson, John Abraham, Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams

We've got some great value back at what point do we build a football team with homegrown talent?

The plan somewhere along the way has to be for our players to win a super bowl in Jets green                                ...not wearing a  Hawks, Giants, Browns, or whatever uniform

At some point this burning down the house has to stop.  

Quinnen Williams is our only player of note on defense, a young kid who is beginning to figure this football malarky out.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Gangrene said:

The draft has always been the Super Bowl for Jets fans, but we have been trading away players with talent for years.

Keyshawn Johnson, John Abraham, Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams

We've got some great value back at what point do we build a football team with homegrown talent?

The plan somewhere along the way has to be for our players to win a super bowl in Jets green                                ...not wearing a  Hawks, Giants, Browns, or whatever uniform

At some point this burning down the house has to stop.  

Quinnen Williams is our only player of note on defense, a young kid who is beginning to figure this football malarky out.

He has had one really good game in two years, if he has put together another game or two like the one earlier this year I might agree with you but he hasn't he has faded back into the shadows.

Just now, TeddEY said:

In the history of clown shoes moves by this organization, giving Macc that draft, and then firing him, may have been the biggest one.

Letting him pick a quarterback was the biggest one. The last time the Jets had back to back disaster seasons like 2016 and 2017 Hess fired everybody and brought in Parcells. Woody let Maccagnan ship three high picks to move up three spots blind.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

In the history of clown shoes moves by this organization, giving Macc that draft, and then firing him, may have been the biggest one.

But all the armchair team owners here said that was actually brilliant timing!!!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't care.  You don't need to play defense to win anymore in the NFL.  Multiple teams have proven that for the past five years.

Scheme defense as best you can and put up 40 points a week.  

sure, take defense in the 3rd to 5th round all you want - but 1st and 2nd round picks have to go to offense.  big FA money, has to go to offense.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He has had one really good game in two years, if he has put together another game or two like the one earlier this year I might agree with you but he hasn't he has faded back into the shadows.

I agree, he's not playing like a third pick in the draft and just as Leonard Williams did not play like the sixth pick in the draft... but we are talking about 'tomorrow, next year...two years' away all the time as Jets fans.

There is fantasy that if we had a pass rusher, a QB, a left tackle and one premium cornerback we would be play off bound. Every team that has stars eating up a huge chunk of cap needs it's share of undrafted over-performing players to fill out a roster. 

We've got to show our drafted players that we will hold on to them and reward them. It can't be a halfway house for future all pros on other teams.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I  love Quinnen and don't want to trade him but there is no price you would consider for him? Like if a team offered 2 first round picks you would say no?

2? i would say yes to 1. And I would draft so much offense this year the defensive coordinator might quit lol

• Upvote 1