Just finished watching the highlights. Sam will screw up the tank.

29 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I truly believe with a better coaching staff and upgraded roster that Sam will be a really good player, and I wouldn’t be upset keeping him with that expectation.

However, in a year when we can possibly get Trevor Lawrence, there is no decision, and the inclusion of drafting this kid will only attract the best from coaching pool.

darnold can become a functional starter but he will likely always be a high turnover qb.  that's ok, if you can offset it with enough tds.  think of the farve model.  you throw 3 tds and 3 picks, you can still win.  throw 1 td and 3 picks, you lose.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If Sam continues to play like this and we have seen him do it, we won't go 0-16. 

The pick was an amazing play by the DB. Yeah, Darnold could have placed it more outside but it was a catchable ball and the WR deserves some blame for not batting it down. The first strip sack was not Sams fault. Nobody hangs on to that ball. He has to get more protection. The second was all on Darnold. He needs to protect the ball in situations like that. His TD run was awesome. He looked like a RB bulling his way into the EZ. 

I saw Sam playing really well and making a lot of nice throws. If he gets into a groove now, we will win a game, possibly next week. The Seahawks D is not that good. Problem there is Wilson will most likely pick us apart but we should be able to score. 

Those hoping for a tank better hope Sam gets Covid and Flacco has to.play the rest of the way. If Sam plays like this the rest of the way, we will beat someone. 

The way Sam holds the ball #33 will have the game of his career. 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a pic off a deflection in garbage time. Our secondary will get torched by Wilson and company and the added fact we got to travel to the slaughter? Child please! 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I truly believe with a better coaching staff and upgraded roster that Sam will be a really good player, and I wouldn’t be upset keeping him with that expectation.

However, in a year when we can possibly get Trevor Lawrence, there is no decision, and the inclusion of drafting this kid will only attract the best from coaching pool.

I think if we do win 1-2 games and lose out on Trevor, it wouldn't be so awful to skip Fields and build as excellent a team around the QB position as possible, hire a new coaching staff, and run with Sam next year.  Either he turns it around and we extend him mid-season, or he fails and we bring in a new QB in 2022 either through draft or FA but into a far better situation.  

I agree that there is far too much hate on this board for Darnold.  I truly believe if he and Josh Allen were switched at birth, he would be doing fine up in BUF.  Yes, he's more Brett Favre than Peyton Manning, but that would be fine here if we had all the other pieces.  Sam is bad, but I think he's correctable to very good.  Gase is awful and beyond any hope of redemption.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

Unfortunately the loss and Darnold hate overshadowed a good game by Sam. Loved Sam knocking out the player while running for a TD. Also first game he actually threw the ball away when there was nothing open. I hope he plays like that the rest of the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was as big of a Sam Fan out there, bought the jersey and all. But he threw for 186 yards, 3 TTD, 1 INT, and 2 Fumbles. That should not be a good game for a Franchise QB. If Mahomes put up that performance the media would be all over how it was his first "bad" football game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

I'm convinced, you guys. This guy JUST WATCHED THE HIGHLIGHTS. Better listen up.

Missed 3 turnovers; not in highlight package.

Even with that, simply had to make a first down in last series,and couldn't do it. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Missed 3 turnovers; not in highlight package.

Even with that, simply had to make a first down in last series,and couldn't do it. 

Huh? That moron Gase called three runs up the middle against a stacked box, and that is somehow Sam's fault?

That was just another example of how incredibly bad a coach Gase is.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, heymangold said:

not beating seattle IN seattle

not beating the rams IN la

not beating the browns

not beating the pats

just accept it and it'll all be better.

Especially considering NE may actually be playing for a WC spot.   The Rams and Seattle are dueling for their division, and the Browns are playing pretty well.  

The Browns concern me a bit, as they run the ball pretty well, and the Jets D Line stops the run better than they defend the pass.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

And we get 5 years of a Rookie contract. No Braine!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, heymangold said:

not beating seattle IN seattle

not beating the rams IN la

not beating the browns

not beating the pats

just accept it and it'll all be better.

This should be exactly how it goes .  The Patriots game is concerning.  I would never imagine Bill to throw a game but you never know.  Maybe he plays all the roster bubble players.  Of course the Jets can lose to a team of backups but it could be interesting.  

Bill " I wanted to give players the opportunity to show what they can do given extended minutes."

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

People are still shocked or dont get that players play to win, try to win.

Sam was nowhere as bad as he was two weeks ago, hes capable of playing s good game, it's football.

Friggen Colt McCoy beat Seattle yesterday, his first win in 6 years

Colt McCoy threw for 100 yards with one td and one int. He did not beat anyone yesterday. 

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

The way Sam holds the ball #33 will have the game of his career. 5 sacks, 2 forced fumbles and a pic off a deflection in garbage time. Our secondary will get torched by Wilson and company and the added fact we got to travel to the slaughter? Child please! 

The RB’s will need to do a better job picking up the blitz packages that Seattle will throw at Sam. If I were Sam & I saw Adams up at the line I’d audible a call for power run right at him with Becton throwing the pancake block. 
GIF by Bellator

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Ty Johnson and Josh Adams might cost us the tank. 

Sam’s int was really bad especially since he had two receivers open on the other side. He played like a game manager. He needs to be more than a game manager to be worth bringing back. 

Don't worry, now that Gase has seen what happens running behind Becton, I am sure  the gameplan will be to run up the middle with Gore against Seattle.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

If Sam continues to play like this and we have seen him do it, we won't go 0-16. 

The pick was an amazing play by the DB. Yeah, Darnold could have placed it more outside but it was a catchable ball and the WR deserves some blame for not batting it down. The first strip sack was not Sams fault. Nobody hangs on to that ball. He has to get more protection. The second was all on Darnold. He needs to protect the ball in situations like that. His TD run was awesome. He looked like a RB bulling his way into the EZ. 

I saw Sam playing really well and making a lot of nice throws. If he gets into a groove now, we will win a game, possibly next week. The Seahawks D is not that good. Problem there is Wilson will most likely pick us apart but we should be able to score. 

Those hoping for a tank better hope Sam gets Covid and Flacco has to.play the rest of the way. If Sam plays like this the rest of the way, we will beat someone. 

Douglas see's what Sam can do with an average performance by our offensive line, to be kind. He also see's that Sam's favorite target as a rookie,Herndon not involved in the passing game, because he always.has to be in on pass protection. That's. a key weapon.. It can't be discounted

1 minute ago, genot said:

Douglas see's what Sam can do with an average performance by our offensive line, to be kind. He also see's that Sam's favorite target as a rookie,Herndon not involved in the passing game, because he always.has to be in on pass protection. That's. a key weapon.. It can't be discounted

Hey, wanted to ask. Is your icon Joe Pass. I love him. 

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

Unfortunately the loss and Darnold hate overshadowed a good game by Sam. Loved Sam knocking out the player while running for a TD. Also first game he actually threw the ball away when there was nothing open. I hope he plays like that the rest of the games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threw for sub 200 yards, turned the ball over 3 times, lost.

If that's a good game for Sam, he's not an NFL QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Lenny Breau. Great fingerstyle jazz player.

17 hours ago, jgb said:

Yeah. Billy Joe Common Sense and Captain Obvious.

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said: