Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

If JD makes this happen it’ll be good to know he got his guy - zeroed in on his candidate and didn’t let him walk.

Too many times we get stuck in bidding wars or used as negotiating leverage or make rash reactionary moves. Douglas might be changing the whole presence of the franchise

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Also, I think you're missing the point. My point was the Wilson made Pete Carroll. Before him he was a failed nfl coach. That was the point. Like BB before Brady and after him now

See I disagree with that characterization.  I think SEA was primed to be good based on having Lynch and that defense in place.  Russ was very good but not great his first 3 years.  That defense was the best in football and the 2013 version is considered the best of the decade, having held 7 opponents to under 10 points.  A lot of that was Carroll's doing.

So in my opinion, for whatever that's worth, I don't think you can just sweep that under the rug to support the Russ made Carroll argument.  Russ came into the league on a team with a great defense and great RB.  I think the timing was fortunate for both of them.

47 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I know nothing about this guy other than watching him on the sidelines and congratulating his defense as they come off the field.  Now that most of the fan base has gotten themselves worked up into a frenzy on the possibility of getting this guy, it would be typical Jets to blow this.  If you've been a fan of this team for decades like myself, you've seen this movie before.  If this truly is the guy JD wants, hopefully our luck has changed and we land this guy.

Agreed.... I won’t get fooled by the rah rah stuff anymore.    I like his resume though.  Started at the bottom and paid his dues.    Add to that JD wants him?  Good enough for me.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Douglas had a short list and after he got the perfunctory interviews out of the way he’s going hard after his guy.  Even though Phily is after saleh, it’s hard to see why he would want that job over the jets.

QW production is about to explode next season. I can see Mosley getting onboard with the Saleh hire. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

no

dont want any DC because if the OC they hire is good he would just be hired by a different team to be head coach 

you cant have a young QB start looking good for a year or two and showing progress and then change his OC and system because your current was hired to be head coach somewhere else.

the head coach the has to be the offense guy 

That's why you have another person on the staff to take over for the OC when that happens (you don't think teams plan for that?). Writing off any DC because of that is dumb.

Saleh is a great candidate, and hopefully he'll be the next Jets coach. 

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Unless the Jets are planning on doing a face to face with Robert's competition tomorrow (Staley), then you'll hire later tonight that he's named HC

That's what i would expect. We're moving on from Martindale.. which is too bad because it means we'll miss the greatest implosion in JN history 

They can only do in person  meetings with coaches whose season have ended.

The NFL informed teams Monday that interviews with candidates for head coach, general manager and other football positions must be conducted virtually until the candidate's team and the hiring team are out of the playoffs, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

It's almost as if his entire success as an NFL HC coincided with drafting Russell Wilson. People forget Carroll was 14-18 his first 2 years in Seattle, then they drafted Wilson in 2012 and all of a sudden Pete Carroll is a great HC. 

You might want to mention that the Hawks had the best D in the NFL and Pete/Schneider built that D with smart drafting.

Just now, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think we all need to move on from Jamal Adams, Adam Gase, Mike Maccagnan Etc. It's been a tough year for everybody I just think we all need some refreshing news and to move forward.

Hopefully by tonight we hear that we've hired Saleh and we can move on.

Captain Obvious GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Unless the Jets are planning on doing a face to face with Robert's competition tomorrow (Staley), then you'll hire later tonight that he's named HC

That's what i would expect. We're moving on from Martindale.. which is too bad because it means we'll miss the greatest implosion in JN history 

i was looking forward to if he brought Rex back as his DC.. That would have been epic.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1