Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Yup, we ****ed it up 

If Saleh picks the Eagles over the Jets, and the Jets truly wanted him, then the Jets are effed up. 

The Eagles are:

-Quite possibly considered more disorgamized than the Jets right now based on Lurie's infatuation with Roseman.

-In cap difficulty

-Have an aged roster

-Have an actual worse QB situation than the Jets (because Wentz has an albatross of a contract).

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

lol I had an ex gf that would lose her sh*t if I said "easy". So of course I used that word with her on nearly a daily basis :P I especially liked to drag it on eeeeeasy

and surprise surprise, she’s your ex!

3 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Saleh got a late night call from the Ealges basically offering him the job. You don't take a flight to florida during a pandemic just to fulfil a commitment. We got left at the altar. 

The Eagles have no cap room, a wildly overpaid QB sitting on the bench whining who just got a Super Bowl coach fired, the Oline is old & breaking down. They have no draft assets like the Jets, so if he takes the job? good luck to him.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Good point on Staley.  He literally has exactly what the Jets crave most on defense... a dominant pass rusher and a lockdown CB.

Quinnen is coming along well but we still need that Edge guy and a true CB1.  Those things can make any DC look good.

And how was Salehs defense without Bosa etc this season?  

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

The Eagles have no cap room, a wildly overpaid QB sitting on the bench whining who just got a Super Bowl coach fired, the Oline is old & breaking down. They have no draft assets like the Jets, so if he takes the job? good luck to him.

They also play in the worst division in football and aren't the Jets. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Saleh got a late night call from the Ealges basically offering him the job. You don't take a flight to florida during a pandemic just to fulfil a commitment. We got left at the altar. 

Nico with the histrionic hot take. Color me surprised.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Over/under on how long before someone comments "well eff him if he doesn't want to be here!"

I already did. If he thinks the Eagles & their problems will be a good job than take it. Jets have way more assets to work with over the next 2 years.

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sam Darnold just tweeted..... Only Up From Here. Carton just said. 

omg he's being traded to Houston with Mosely and Seattles 2 first round picks for Watson... lol 

could mean anything. what are they assuming/guessing that tweet means, or did they elaborate?