Robert Saleh Interview Discussion : MERGED

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

There he goes 

Unfortunate.  But let's see what happens.

I think this takes his chances of being hired by the Jets from 60% down to about 15%.  Then again, Philly is just down the road and perhaps this is leverage Saleh is trying to gain.

Let's see what we hear next from the Jets regarding 2nd interviews with other guys.

Just now, johnnysd said:

Has anyone thought that maybe it is as simple as he did not do as well in a second interview?

And the theory is then they kept him around for a second day, giving him a mulligan?

If you keep him for day two its quite the opposite

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

So here is a hypothetical for you all.  You are the leader of a coaching search and you and your bosses have laid out the parameters before hand of how you are going to handle it that being you are going to cast a wide net and do video interviews with a 6 or 8 people.  You are then going to narrow it down to 3 finalists and have in person meetings with them and then make a final decision.  You and the search group are going to be disciplined in this approach.  You know before hand that your candidates are sought by others.

All of a sudden you get leaks that a number of other teams are very  interested in one of your top 3 guys.  If he goes for a 2nd interview you really risk losing him.

Do you stay disciplined, make sure you have in face meeting with your other two finalists or do you toss all of that out after meeting the 1st finalist and hire him in fear of losing him?

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

Money - it's the Johnsons.  Going to wind up with the scraps again.  They have supplanted the Dolans as the worst owners in NY sports.  If you can't afford to compete, get the hell out.  Take your profit, sell your team to someone who wants to win.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Eagles will scoop him up.  

- Eagles chose Pederson's assistants last time, that same GM is still there

- They are in horrible cap situation

- A QB controversy with a QB on a nearly untradable contract

I don't think Philly is going to be a threat. I think the Chargers, Lions, and Falcons are bigger threats.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Aren't people overreacting? 

I like Saleh a lot as a candidate, but it had already been reported that multiple guys were in line to get second interviews. 

A lot of the stuff painting Saleh as the Jets favorite candidate seemed like speculation. 

I do agree that him leaving the building means he probably doesn't get the job, but it just feels like everyone fell in love with this guy overnight based on the hype that he was probably going to get the job. I don't remember the passion for this guy a week ago. 

Just my 2 cents. 

Exactly what I just said.  Bingo.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

This should be pinned to the top of the board. I don't know what you get out of this Mogglez. Keep in mind Chris Johnson didn't meet Saleh until the next morning. Its false and embarrassing that it wont affect peoples misplaced belief in this guy

Isn't Douglas the money guy? Wouldn't be odd if he were authorized to propose a contract.