2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

9 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Correct. The problem is nobody knows how Houston rates the QB's in this draft. My gut feeling is they make the trade (hopefully with us) on Draft night while the pick is on the clock. They will have the parameters of the trade locked in before draft night but still see how JAX plays out. 

Oh I don't think they're going to make the trade until after the draft because they're stubborn and it seems to be a complete circus.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Drafting them is fine, and I hope the primary strategy. But I am still very concerned about the Center position, and even if they draft one for the future, I don't see a rookie being trusted right out of the gate to protect and assist in QB development. To me, that's a critical area to plug a capable veteran into if you're going with a rookie QB. If it's Darnold, I don't mind. He's not the future.

Creed Humprhey, Landon Dickerson and Josh Meyers will all start from day #1.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

After the first day of FA last year, we had signed George Fant...

How the hell is that comparable to landing a legit starting outside receiver, arguably the best EDGE on the market and a starting LB?

I just don’t like the players they targeted.  

Just now, Butterfield said:

Not much at all.  Wouldn’t have even targeted them.  

I’m pretty happy you’re not running our front office then. I’m not saying “oh yeah we got a WR1 and a 15 sack a year pass rusher”, but to say you wouldn’t have targeted them shows you either lack knowledge outside of what Madden ratings tell you or you’re here to just troll.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good post. Let me run something by you and @Mogglez. May be a bit too far" outside of the box" thinking. Was listening to Serius Radio yesterday morning and they were discussing how the Bears are preparing an "offer they can't refuse" to Seattle to get Russell Wilson. They said it would start at Chicago 1st and 2nd picks for the next two years, plus have to include players. With the story circulating that the Jets may be getting calls on Mosley,  would Sam, Mosley and one of our two 3rd's this year to Chicago for Robinson make any sense? Would give the Bears ammo to add to the deal, escpecially the QB that Carroll supposedly likes. Maybe Mosley would not go to Seattle, but would be a replacement if Roquan Smith did. This could probably only happen if Seattle and Chicago got really close. Is this too nuts to ask your guys about?

No, I don't see the Jets trading for Allen Robinson and that would be a overpay... Sam is worth at least a 2nd, probably more. You're probably getting a 4th for Mosley since the Jets paid a huge chunk of his guaranteed money. So we would be trading what equates to a 2nd/3rd/4th for Robinson, then having to sign him to an extension? Unlikely. 

I think more likely would be Sam going to Seattle if Russell Wilson were to be traded to CHI

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Davis and lawson were overspends, much like Fant and McGovern last year.  

Said exactly nobody of any credibility with regard to Lawson.  Literally nobody.  Given who was available, this was one of the best Edge signings possible.  Haven't seen a single criticism of the signing.  In fact, I've seen the Bengals criticized for letting Lawson go and then signing Hendrickson to replace him for even more money.

And with the cap room we have, if the only argument you have is that we overpaid (which is simply not true), then you should be fine with it, given the alternative of signing a lesser player and having more cap room to not spend.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I just don’t like a single move made yet.  This is a lot like last year, which was underwhelming to say the least.  

I was ready to tar n feather JD after he missed out on Thuney n Linsley.  And I'm still pissed now he didn't get Linsley.  Thuney wasn't his fault.  No way to complete with KC offering that much money.

But the moves JD made after that I am liking. 

Our #1 need is still at least 2 interior olinemen, but if he can keep addressing the other needs in free agency, that can easily be solved in the draft.

Plus the structure of these contracts have been awesome.  Generally paying less than what their projected values were.  26 year old guys on 3 year deals too.  So they're going to play their butts off looking to get big deals before hitting 30 years old.

If JD doesn't get 2 solid interior olinemen come May...  ok then he failed miserably and should be shipped to that China market where diseases popup every day.

It does seem like he has a decent plan though. 

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Said exactly nobody of any credibility with regard to Lawson.  Literally nobody.  Given who was available, this was one of the best Edge signings possible.  Haven't seen a single criticism of the signing.  In fact, I've seen the Bengals criticized for letting Lawson go and then signing Hendrickson to replace him for even more money.

And with the cap room we have, if the only argument you have is that we overpaid (which is simply not true), then you should be fine with it, given the alternative of signing a lesser player and having more cap room to not spend.

I just don’t like the targeted players at all.  No harm in having a difference in opinion.  

Just now, Butterfield said:

I just don’t like the players they targeted.  

So who would you have targeted?

Joe Thuney? With a team like the Chiefs who have appeared in back to back Superbowls offering him $16 million a year...what the hell would the Jets have had to dish out to land him? You want to pay $20 million a year for a guard? Thuney is a quality player but he sure as sh*t isn’t Quenton Nelson.

Corey Linsley? I would’ve loved him too. But he’s a 30 year old center who just made his first pro-bowl last season. Watch the Packers slide Elgton Jenkins over to center and not miss a beat.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, varjet said:
  •  
  • Given that the Jets are now relying on the draft to build their OL, it seems looney to put a rookie QB behind that line, particularly one not built like Josh Allen.  So the question is whether you keep Sam or trade him and buy an interim.  I like the latter option if Sam yields a high draft pick.  It is basically buying a draft pick.  
  •  

I don't think missing out on premiere FA OL means not drafting a QB.

There's nothing in the NFL rules that says if you draft a QB high in the 1st round he has to start his first year.  While I'm not going to compare any of the QBs coming out to Mahomes, he's the perfect example.  The Chiefs gave up draft capital to move up and select him at #10 and then sat him for a year.

If JD thinks Wilson, Fields etc. are franchise caliber QBs, you don't hesitate to draft them at #2.

Then, if you're worried the Oline is not up to snuff enough to protect him, you sit him for the year and build the oline next year.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

No, I don't see the Jets trading for Allen Robinson and that would be a overpay... Sam is worth at least a 2nd, probably more. You're probably getting a 4th for Mosley since the Jets paid a huge chunk of his guaranteed money. So we would be trading what equates to a 2nd/3rd/4th for Robinson, then having to sign him to an extension? Unlikely. 

I think more likely would be Sam going to Seattle if Russell Wilson were to be traded to CHI

Good morning football,

Just curious do the Jets have any interest in another athletic OLB/pass rusher type such as Haasen Reddick.  I think he would like nice lining up opposite Davis

Seems OL choices are bare so to me that means Joe will go heaving Day 1 & Day 2 in the draft for OG & C/OG ?  JMO another reason to move down from #2

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Not much at all.  Wouldn’t have even targeted them.  

Give us your reasons at least.  Because the vast majority are happy with both.  So at least give a good argument why you’re right and we’re all wrong 

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

If you think his only good season was last season... You haven't watched him

I have watched plenty of Fuller.  I wanted to draft him.

His best year (without the help of steroids) was 670 yards and 3 TDs.  He only plays 9-10 games a year and he had Deshaun Watson throwing him the ball with D-Hop opposite him.  If Corey Davis isn’t considered a WR1, Fuller is nowhere close to being one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, ganggreen305 said:

This fan base is the worst!  NE blah blah blah.  If JD paid that money for 2 TE's, everyone would be livid.  Can't win.  Just sit back and enjoy JD's rebuild.  The guy is good.

Our fan base is miserable not everyone but yeah it’s not easy to be around that’s for sure ? 

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I don't think missing out on premiere FA OL means not drafting a QB.

There's nothing in the NFL rules that says if you draft a QB high in the 1st round he has to start his first year.  While I'm not going to compare any of the QBs coming out to Mahomes, he's the perfect example.  The Chiefs gave up draft capital to move up and select him at #10 and then sat him for a year.

If JD thinks Wilson, Fields etc. are franchise caliber QBs, you don't hesitate to draft them at #2.

Then, if you're worried the Oline is not up to snuff enough to protect him, you sit him for the year and build the oline next year.

I like this idea.  Get the QB at 2 and sit him.  Who knows when we'll have a highly rated QB prospect in front of us again.  We might pick in the teens the next few years.

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Good morning football,

Just curious do the Jets have any interest in another athletic OLB/pass rusher type such as Haasen Reddick.  I think he would like nice lining up opposite Davis

Seems OL choices are bare so to me that means Joe will go heaving Day 1 & Day 2 in the draft for OG & C/OG ?  JMO another reason to move down from #2

FWIW....on Movin the Chains yesterday, Jim Miller and Pat Kirwin had on the very respected OL coach Paul Alexander. Have him on like 5-6 times before the draft every year because he works out many of the top prospects all across the country. Loves Creed Humprey, said he could play both spots and start from the get go, and will have a long, successful career. Also, absolutely loves the N.Dakota ST. OT Radunz.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, BoogSportsGuy said:

I’m pretty happy you’re not running our front office then. I’m not saying “oh yeah we got a WR1 and a 15 sack a year pass rusher”, but to say you wouldn’t have targeted them shows you either lack knowledge outside of what Madden ratings tell you or you’re here to just troll.

What an utter stupid post.  Pulling out the 'madden, you are a troll you no nothing' bit because a guy does not like these players.

Posts likes this make people look like lap dogs, the type that love every single move a team makes.

I like both moves for the Jets but to blast people who disagree in the manner you did makes you look like the dumb one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So who would you have targeted?

Joe Thuney? With a team like the Chiefs who have appeared in back to back Superbowls offering him $16 million a year...what the hell would the Jets have had to dish out to land him? You want to pay $20 million a year for a guard? Thuney is a quality player but he sure as sh*t isn’t Quenton Nelson.

Corey Linsley? I would’ve loved him too. But he’s a 30 year old center who just made his first pro-bowl last season. Watch the Packers slide Elgton Jenkins over to center and not miss a beat.

Linsley and thuney I would have paid more than they were given.  Kevin Zietler, Curtis Samuel, Jonnu Smith, Gerald Everett (still available) Kendrick Bourne, Trey Hendrickson, Kyle Juszczyk (signed prior), Jayon Brown, Jason Verett would have been some of the bigger names I would have targeted.  Although, I am not usually a proponent of spending big in free agency.  I just want a few quality signings.  The guys they signed were not of any interest to me.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1