The Official Draft Day 3 Thread

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

This free agency and draft hasn't been much of an endorsement of how we feel about Perine or Davis. 

Also makes me worry that they're looking at Joyner as a CB, where he's f*cking awful.

Other way around. This guy from Duke is going to be the slot corner. He's 5'9" and runs a 4.35

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Man. 

I absolutely A++ loved our first 4 picks. 

However I F- absolutely hate our last two picks. 

Why, sheerwood solid pick ,  he will play all over the field,  covering TE , blizing off edge,  , hes a hard hitter. Other S i know nothing about him 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Yall crying over 5th round picks lmao 

Seriously lol

Sounds like a guy who can play the nickel as well as a little FS.

Maybe the Jets have completely moved on from Poole and Carter will compete with Guidry for the nickel job.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

You’re not really drafting starters are this point. I wouldn’t worry about Joyner playing CB. 

I know you're drafting for depth, so unless these guys are playing LB or corner then not sure what we're doing adding even more. 

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think Michael Carter II is a hybrid who can play both S and CB. Probably a scheme fit for Saleh. 

Remember, they signed Lamarcus Joyner as a "slot safety" in Free Agency - so that is a obviously a type of player they want for their system

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

Look, he can be the most amazing safety in the world. But that was not one of our most pressing needs. How about a damn CB. 

...he also plays CB if that’s helps.

Also, they’re not drafting a corner in the fifth round who’s going to be playing over the guys currently on the roster. That’s now a free agency need.