Elijah Moore = too overhyped?

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s all any of these reporters are talking about every single day. I don’t even know what to expect from him week 1? Is he gonna have a crazy rookie year like Jefferson did last year? What are the expectations on this kid 

not sure, but any time I see this much positivity surrounding the Jets, or a specific player, the "SOJF" in me gets real nervous!  I cannot WAIT for the day those feelings go away for good....

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Sounds like they can’t help it. 

I wouldn’t say he’s overrated because he has yet to perform well & then perform bad in real games. There is no start or stop, no peak or drop off, at least not yet.

for right now I just take it as he’s doing very well and I don’t look at it so black & white.

78B376A5-82AA-4D1E-AD94-C331735FE153.jpeg

E1F00F4A-4556-4E3D-8D52-B9A9593EB687.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Sounds like they can’t help it. 

I wouldn’t say he’s overrated because he has yet to perform well & then perform bad in real games. There is no start or stop, no peak or drop off, at least not yet.

for right now I just take it as he’s doing very well and I don’t look at it so black & white.

78B376A5-82AA-4D1E-AD94-C331735FE153.jpeg

E1F00F4A-4556-4E3D-8D52-B9A9593EB687.jpeg

I said overhyped not necessarily over rated. Cause I didn’t even think he’d get a full set of snaps each week considering the crowded wr room. You figure Davis and Crowder will be on the field every snap. I’m just trying to get some idea of what Moores production is gonna be this year. Are we in store for an absurd rookie WR season (ala Randy miss, Boldin, Jefferson rookie years?) or will he be like a 600 yard type of season 

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

He’s all any of these reporters are talking about every single day. I don’t even know what to expect from him week 1? Is he gonna have a crazy rookie year like Jefferson did last year? What are the expectations on this kid 

For now Ill be happy if he stays healthy and doesn't suck.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I said overhyped not necessarily over rated. Cause I didn’t even think he’d get a full set of snaps each week considering the crowded wr room. You figure Davis and Crowder will be on the field every snap. I’m just trying to get some idea of what Moores production is gonna be this year. Are we in store for an absurd rookie WR season (ala Randy miss, Boldin, Jefferson rookie years?) or will he be like a 600 yard type of season 

If I had to guess, I’d say somewhere in the middle to be fair as well as safe.

65-75 catches, 850 yards, 6 TD’s.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thank you Satan. 

me - loves Mims. “Ima just spread some pestilence on that one..”

me - Moore? Another crowder. “Here’s some Adrenochrome siphoned from The Hulk - lol canton”. 

I give up. 

Watching Mims taking reps as a gunner today was legit sad to see.   

• Sympathy 1

I for one am enjoying not spending the camp thread reading looking for whether we had UDFAs popping to compensate for the glaring holes in the organization. 

However, given how good he has looked, I hope we really load manage and bubble wrap him so he is 100% come Day 1!

• Upvote 1

Elijah Moore = too overhyped?

Does that matter? 

Does something bad happen to him, the Jets or us if he gets some minor praise during early camp?

He’s all any of these reporters are talking about every single day. I don’t even know what to expect from him week 1? Is he gonna have a crazy rookie year like Jefferson did last year? What are the expectations on this kid

I expect nothing.  He's a rookie backup slot WR (as of right now), behind Crowder. 

I expect from him the same as I would from any rookie backup slot WR.  Minimal production on minimal targets.

If he blows up, great!  Expecting him to blow up, same ol' same ol' Jets Fans getting ahead of themselves as usual.

And ffs, stop paying so much attention to who the media "hypes" in early training camp.  If ever there was a route to disappointment, that is it!  LOL.

Relax, and be patient brosef.  You'll get to watch Preseason with your very own eyes soon enough, and you can judge for yourself what to expect from Mr. Moore, by how much, and how well, he plays.

• Upvote 1

every season there's a guy who stands out one way or another.  seems like in the jets case these guys fizzle out in short order but you know what?  the jets are due to start getting players that are good out of the box.  i'm from missouri so show me, but i am also hopeful moore is the real deal.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Does that matter? 

Does something bad happen to him, the Jets or us if gets some minor praise during early camp?

I expect nothing.  He's a rookie backup slot WR (as of right now), behind Crowder. 

I expect from him the same as I would from any rookie backup slot WR.  Minimal production on minimal targets.

If he blows up, great!  Expecting him to blow up, same ol' same ol' Jets Fans getting ahead of themselves as usual.

And ffs, stop paying so much attention to who the media "hypes" in early training camp.  If ever there was a route to disappointment, that is it!  LOL.

Relax, and be patient brosef.  You'll get to watch Preseason with your very own eyes soon enough, and you can judge for yourself what to expect from Mr. Moore, by how much, and how well, he plays.

So you don’t think he’ll be a starter? Seems hard to believe especially since they’ve been lining him up on the outside not just slot. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So you don’t think he’ll be a starter? Seems hard to believe especially since they’ve been lining him up on the outside not just slot. 

No idea, it's training camp.  They do alot of things in training camp.  In training camp last year, people thought Mims and Lawrence Cager were going to be a forces, lol.

I don't think we should be thinking of "starter" and "backup" in this system.  We're gonna field quite a few WR's this year, like a good offense often does, it's not going to be 1A and 1B 99% of the time and the other guys sit.

I'm certainly hopeful he is a good productive Pro who will fill his role well and allow us to move on from Crowder or similar next year.

Am I going to predict 800 or 1,000 or 1,200 yards and 8, 10 0r 12 TD's on some early camp chatter?  Come on man, lol.

Like I said, I'll start making predictions after I see these guys play, and especially Wilson throwing.  Moore can't produce if Wilson can't hit him in stride, and since I'm not at camp, so I have no idea as yet what Wilson can or will do.