****OFFICIAL JETS VS SAINTS ATTRITION BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

Exactly.  And you can’t count on bombs against good teams or if you want to win any games of significance.
Kid sucks, and his defenders should feel bad for continuing to defend him.  100 % of Jets fans ought to be willing to admit he sucks. 

Zach Wilson sucking right now doesn’t mean that every bad play is his fault or that he shouldn’t get the opportunity to improve. A lot of QB’s suck their rookie year.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, Maynard13 said:

Can JD please draft Spiller in round 2. He should be there. Spiller is a similar RB to Kamara. Wilson needs a cow bell RB to take the pressure off. M Carter is a nice 3rd down back but he is not an every down back to rely on. 

i don't give af what Wilson needs.

It's time to start looking at what the staff needs. the system. This building around a fabled QB is fool's gold and the path of chasing rainbows.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

The offense looked mostly functional when any of the 3 other QBs on thsis team wefre under center.With Wilson it's hot garbage juice. 

So, if the offense were great with Flacco, you'd say "let's go with him" because winning games is the most important thing in Year One?

It's the most shortsighted opinion in football history.

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Literally everything you said in this was false lol. That's an accomplishment to itself. 

My entire argument has and will maintain that JD and Saleh are inherently the problem with every bit of this team. 

I've said multiple times in this thread and others when Zach has sucked on passes or decisions. 

I never remotely said 1 word about this being a "good" performance. My angle today is pointing out the sheer ridiculousness where everyone blames Zach for every aspect of this team without taking absolutely anything into context. Its tiring.

He is a rookie playing his what 8th start? With zero offensive weapons on the field and a leaky O Line. The weapons that are there drop sh*t, fall down, etc, its comical. 

Those 3 other QBs got to play their damn games with starters on the field. The offense alone today is missing like 5 starters. 

You've gone out of your way to blame others for every laughably bad throw or decision of WIlson's today, including in instances that were totally uncatchable.  A streak of one laughably awful throw after another had you still carrying on endlessly about a drop that would've actually been for a loss if caught.

Not one single point you've made about Zach has ever had a single thing to do with his own actual performance.  It's an endless stream of excuses of a guy who has repeatedly shown himself to be worse than the immortal likes Mike White and Josh Johnson.

Regardless of what others are or are not doing, his own on-field performance is still indisputably terrible, at what is by an excessively wide margin the game's most important position.

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Serious question: can you name any of the Saints receivers who started today? I’ve watched every play of this game and I’ve never heard of any of them

Are you gonna sit here and pretending that every single pass hasn’t gone to the best receiving back in football?

Ty Johnson has more drops in this game than Kamara probably has in his career.

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The offense looked mostly functional when any of the 3 other QBs on thsis team wefre under center.With Wilson it's hot garbage juice. 

Theres virtually 100% a different team surrounding Zach right now compared to who those QBs played in those games with. 

You're aware of this right? 

19 minutes ago, phill1c said:

after how many years?

This guy is a rookie, right? WTF do you realize that even Peyton Manning totally sucked his first year?

it's amazing that you can be Jets fans and yet be so incredibly unable to stand even a few games of poor play during a player's development.

I'm not saying he's looking good. but when the light eventually comes on, it's going to be brilliant, here or elsewhere. He's better than Darnold.

To be fair every teams ball boy is better than Sam Darnold lol

36 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You've got some huge problems if you think Zach is the person you need to be yelling to get out of the game. 

He is like 14th on the list. 

Outside of 1.5 games this year, Wilson has consistently been one of the 5 or so worst players on the field.

Impressive considering how bad this roster is.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

It’s amazing he can’t compete passes to wide open WRs that my 6year old makes. Stop making excuses. 

any NFL QB should make those passes. Any NFL qb should be more accurate. 

zach has a lot of problems and historically, tough to correct. 

Your 6-year old is on who's practice squad?

flush...

Frankly, Johnson could’ve won this game and if in uniform should have started the 2nd half. There has to be a little accountability— even for #2 pick.

And that pass to Cole was too late!  He was open but Wilson allowed the defender to close by holding the ball too damn long!

• Upvote 2