Instead of rooting for the Jets to lose, we should be rooting hard for the Seahawks to lose.

Alka

If McDermott starts at LT our chance of winning is cut in half. 

Of course I want the higher pick, but somewhere I read the draft has 28 players or so with first round grades.  Should still be able to get a good player like Linderbaum or maybe Olave or such lower down. 

But 8-10 teams need a QB and that Seattle pick could be a trade up spot.  It’d be incredible to trade down and get a first next year turning the Jamal trade into Herschel Walker 2.0. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t really have it in me to root against the jets. I found that to be a miserable experience last year and just don’t really enjoy watching the game that way. However, I also hardly care about the outcome. Apathy is setting in. 

I would like to see the young players who don’t have COVID play well 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am rooting for Zach Wilson to look great, everyone on offense look great and the young guys and defense to stand out.  If some of the Jags on defense (Jags not Jaguars lol) want to lose the game, I have seen it too many times to get upset. So a loss where Zach balls out is win \ win.

This. 

And the Seahawks losing and whatever the Jets do are mutually independent events.  

No correlation.

8 hours ago, Alka said:

The Seahawks position is around #8 right now in the draft, and they play the lowly Bears this week and then the Lions I believe the week after.  After that, they finish with the Cardinals.

If the Seahawks beat the Lions and Bears, it is reasonable to assume that the draft pick we will get in the first round will drop from #8 to around #12 to #14.

Their record would be 7-10, assuming they lose to the Cardinals at the end of the year.  If the Seahawks lose to either the Bears or Detroit and finish at 6-11, then the spot will be no worse than #10.  

I think there is a big difference between the #8 pick and the # 14 pick.  Lets go Chicago!!!!!

If the Jets lose to the Jaguars which I don't think we will, there's no way in holy hell we are beating the Bills or the Bucc's so we could be in line for a top 3 pick possibly 1 overall if we lose to the Jags. I would love to see them be competitive in those games but would I trade a Jaguar win for the first over all pick ? No way  

• Upvote 1

I’ve never rooted for a loss.  If ZW looks good and we lose I could live with it because he us showing progress  and yeah we improve draft position but I don’t actively root for a loss.  However obviously I want Seattle to lose every game.  They’ve accommodated us very well this year but they probably won’t lose out since they have a easy schedule.  However if they finish 7-10 that should be good enough for a top 10 pick which none of us could have imagined back when we made the Adams  trade 

• Upvote 1

All season long, I have been rooting for wins.  We are a young team, need to learn how to win games at some point, so I wanted to see a team tha improves over the course of 17 games, wins a few games, and worry about the draft in the offseason. 

But something changed this week, maybe its just that I feel so little progress has been made over the course of these 14 games, that I don't see what an ugly win against a bad Jax team is gonna do for us.  We need an influx of talent, and the better draft pick will help.  

• Upvote 2

On 12/23/2021 at 7:24 PM, David Harris said:

If McDermott starts at LT our chance of winning is cut in half. 

Of course I want the higher pick, but somewhere I read the draft has 28 players or so with first round grades.  Should still be able to get a good player like Linderbaum or maybe Olave or such lower down. 

But 8-10 teams need a QB and that Seattle pick could be a trade up spot.  It’d be incredible to trade down and get a first next year turning the Jamal trade into Herschel Walker 2.0. 

I know its counterintuitive but I agree with you about the 8-10 spot.  

With no clear cut top QB, teams will be hesitant to move into the top 5 as the price is too high, but to move up from 16/18 to 9-12 is significantly cheaper and it might actually work in our favor to be in that area.

4 hours ago, BCJet said:

I know its counterintuitive but I agree with you about the 8-10 spot.  

With no clear cut top QB, teams will be hesitant to move into the top 5 as the price is too high, but to move up from 16/18 to 9-12 is significantly cheaper and it might actually work in our favor to be in that area.

Yes ive been studying this draft and mocking hard. 

our 1st 1st is not to be traded away. Not worth it. It will get us one of the top 3 pass rushers.

The second 1st is very tradable. We could wind up with pick 22 and an extra late second which is what we need. There just a lot of good players we could get like the lb lloyd or a wr in the early 20s