How are we winning

About half of that list we would be very displeased with if they were the Jets QB, at least as anything more than a stopgap.

The bigger question for the team will be whether they can get their own crap together, far more than worries about some of the mediocre opposing QBs.

Besides, in the majority of instances of the Jets having any degree of success in their history, it typically came in spite of a nearly guaranteed disadvantage at QB.

This season is again about improving from 4 wins. 2023 is the year.  We have made major strides between 2021 class and this FA period. They should all be hitting in 2023.  We have to nail this draft. And just worry about ourselves.
we used up all of Mac’s drafts capital by trading anyone decent on the roster. We won’t have another draft like this with all these extra high picks.
Sort of agree ...but think we need 8 wins to be on track. If our team is decimated with injuries ONCE AGAIN... sound the alarm.
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jets723 said:

This is the problem when fans solely look at QB’s.  At the end of the day it’s a team game.  Now the teams that build a frat team around their QB are very tough to beat I agree.  But some of those teams have a lot of holes so there is no reason why we can’t win.  We also did beat Cincinnati with basically a third string QB

True. Deshaun Watson was 4-12 his last season playing. Things can change quickly in the NFL. 

It starts within the division. All I ask is to win 3 of your 6 divisional games. Would be huge considering we never win any. That’s 3 wins right there, then it’s possible to beat teams like the Jags, Lions, Bears, Seahawks, Steelers. We beat the bengals last year so that’s possible as well. If the jets can get to 7/8 wins I think it would be a big step forward especially if it’s because Zach is playing well. 

• Upvote 2

The Jets beat Tennesse and the Bengals last year and should have a much better roster this coming year.  I have no illusions about a lot of wins, They need to be in a LOT more games though.  If our defense is getting punked for 45 points a game next year it will be a huge issue.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets beat Tennesse and the Bengals last year and should have a much better roster this coming year.  I have no illusions about a lot of wins, They need to be in a LOT more games though.  If our defense is getting punked for 45 points a game next year it will be a huge issue.

Our offense has to resemble one better than an expansion team also. Winning a game in our division would be nice…
Everything and everyone needs to improve. We’re not going to be very good this season, but we need to resemble a competent NFL team. 
We’ve just gone through two years of 6-27 football. The QB and CS have to step up. The offense, defense and specials have to be a lot better just to get to .500.
This bottom feeder BS has to end.

• Upvote 1

1) I think you have to win at least 3 division games. Buffalo is stacked -- if you can't steal a win from them then you need to go 3-1 against the Pats and Dolphins. The problem, of course, is that they've both been kicking our ass recently. Pats have beaten us 12 times in a row. Dolphins are 10-2 against us during that same time. That is absurd and pathetic. Neither of those teams are scary. We absolutely have to turn the tide against those teams. 3-3 within the division is an absolute must.

2) Need to do well against the NFC North. Weak division with 3 out of 4 teams in various stages of rebuilding. Doubtful we win in Lambeau but you need to win 2 or 3 against the others.

3) I think you need to be competitive and push against the Steelers, and Seahawks who have better overall rosters and are getting us at home but obviously questionable QB situations.

You go .500 in those games you're at 6 wins. From there you score a few upsets at finish 8-9. It all depends on Wilson but is doable.

• Upvote 3

On 3/19/2022 at 6:17 AM, Jdub03 said:

Allen is the only elite QB in our conference and we were very competitive against them in the final game last year. 

In week 18 the Jets lost to the Bills 27-10. They had 53 yards of net offense, one of worst offensive performances in team history. Incidentally, they also failed to cover the 16.5 point spread at home. 

"very competitive" 

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Guys 

this year isn’t for winning 

that’s next year after JD clears cap space and gets a good draft

Being a Jets fan means looking forward to the 2023 season in March 2022

The beatings will continue until morale improves 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

In week 18 the Jets lost to the Bills 27-10. They had 53 yards of net offense, one of worst offensive performances in team history. Incidentally, they also failed to cover the 16.5 point spread at home. 

"very competitive" 

It was 13-10 going into the 4th quarter with backup RB/WR/Oline. I'd say that is pretty damn competitive. The D played very well, and kept us in the game. If we are healthy we could have won this game. Our offense is now more complete than last year, so it is within reason to think we have a chance in 2022.

• Upvote 2

On 3/19/2022 at 5:01 AM, Team archer said:

Allen (2x), Russel Wilson, Lamar, Deshaun, Rodgers and Burrow are the QBs that will be a real test for us.  But that's 7 games.

The other 10 games, I don't fear the QBs (though we'll see how Trevor Lawrence develops). 

Tua (2x), Mac Jones (2x), Trubisky, Cousins, Fields, Goff, Locke are all beatable.

I'm not saying we're going to win 12 games or anything but there are definitely wins out there on the schedule (especially if JD does a good job upgrading the team in the draft).   I think we're looking at 7-8 wins next year.  Certainly not great but at least we should no longer be the dregs of the NFL.

And who knows - maybe ZW takes a big leap in year 2.  If that happens then a lot of doors open.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Jdub03 said:

It was 13-10 going into the 4th quarter with backup RB/WR/Oline. I'd say that is pretty damn competitive. The D played very well, and kept us in the game. If we are healthy we could have won this game. Our offense is now more complete than last year, so it is within reason to think we have a chance in 2022.

They got their frigging asses handed to them week 18. 

53 yards dude 

The fewest in franchise history 

16 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

It starts within the division. All I ask is to win 3 of your 6 divisional games. Would be huge considering we never win any. That’s 3 wins right there, then it’s possible to beat teams like the Jags, Lions, Bears, Seahawks, Steelers. We beat the bengals last year so that’s possible as well. If the jets can get to 7/8 wins I think it would be a big step forward especially if it’s because Zach is playing well. 

I think the 0-6 divisional record streak (from the past 2 years) ends this year.  Miami and the Pats are both beatable.  Not sure if we can steal a game from the Bills though.  I'm thinking 2-4 or 3-3.

• Upvote 1

all those same qb's and team need to go against the jets and zack wilson.  i think the jets are doing a good job of turning this thing around.  they have addressed major holes in oline and defense and have also beefed up the offense by sign two te's that can block and pass catch.  they are still a top wr short but that can come through the draft or maybe davis, moore, and berrios actually perform much better if they play more.

i'm going with 10+ wins.

• Upvote 1

It's just too early to mentally lock in on wins or losses for this team. Either you're depressed all year or crushed by the season because you've built the team up too much in the offseason. I'm watching the offseason with cautious optimism. There has been a lot of upheaval with QBs and coaches. Who knows what this year will look like for a lot of teams. 

With all the good QBs in the conference the performance this season will depend largely on how Douglas and Saleh deal with pass rush and stopping the short passing game. Please not another season of getting gouged by screens. 

• Upvote 2

Is there really a thread whining about having to face Jared Goff, Drew Locke, Mitch Trubisky, Justin Fields and Tua twice?  Holy sh*t.  What will we do if we make the playoffs and have to play against the great Ryan Tannehill?  They beat Lawrence and Burrow in 2021 and they absolutely sucked in 2021.  ******* twitter.

• Upvote 1

The only hope is to load up on front 7 talent. You can’t rush the passer unless you stop the run. Davis let’s you do that. 
a healthy Lawson with thibs gives us a chance. 
on offense, set the franchise record for rush attempts. That’s why Tomlinson and 2 TEs were signed. Control the ball, give the defense a blow. 

The only hope is to load up on front 7 talent. You can’t rush the passer unless you stop the run. Davis let’s you do that. 
a healthy Lawson with thibs gives us a chance. 
on offense, set the franchise record for rush attempts. That’s why Tomlinson and 2 TEs were signed. Control the ball, give the defense a blow. 

Did you say Thibs ?