<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

On that play, Pickett does everything that Zach Wilson cannot. Makes the pre-snap read, hangs in the pocket, has the guts to deliver the pass when he’s getting rushed, and takes the hit: 

As a staunch critic of Zach predraft, I can’t believe I let the homers on here talk me into thinking this was gonna work. 

This guy stinks. He Rob can see themselves out the door 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Zach is 8/24 for 124 yards and 2 INTs. Can't really get worse than that.

The OL is sucking badly too, and the receivers keep dropping the rare good passes that Zach throws

Defense is making Pickett look like 5 year vet

Jets have blown a 10 point lead.

Pretty good summary.  I'd add poor game plan/playcalling on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flightattendant said:

Exactly how the last decade has gone. Not sure why we expect anything different.

It's not that we expect anything different, it's that we hope for something better. And having your hopes crushed is worse than having your expectations met

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't blame me.  We had posters here saying all offseason this year is "all about Zach".  I was one of the few arguing otherwise.  

Not having a franchise QB puts you out of the running for being a contending team, so of course that's a big deal.  Zach isn't the guy, and that's not good.  

First off, we all know it's Joe Benigno's fault.

Second, it is all about Zach.  If he stinks then let's really lose a bunch of games and draft one of the highly touted QBs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

Our shredded O-line is not helping Wilson..but he still looks like a 1st year, 1st game QB.

Cocky Pickett looking much better

game over

Look, the point of a mobile QB is moving around in the pocket to make a quick pass. Wilson simply backs up, makes no reads and hangs onto the ball forever. and then flings it blindly, may be out of bounds.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

end of the first half swing killed the Jets in this game.

Zach throws terrible INT in almost FG position (i don't remember the distance). Roughing the passer turns into 3 the other way.

Without that we lead by 6 instead of losing by 3

• Upvote 1

Coaches pry need to go after this if this deficit holds .  Undisciplined every week.  Countless self inflicted wounds.  No idea how to counter what the other team has done to exploit a weakness they’ve seen in the Jets.  Just put coached by a million miles each week.