### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

A lot of you guys go overboard with this bellycheck hysteria.
I really doubt that he spends his time thinking about how he can screw the Jets

If they wanted gonzolas, they knew the Steelers were taking jones, and they knew the jets weren’t taking a corner, this move is totally possible. Why wouldn’t you hurt a divisional team? He also probably knew there weren’t any other teams willing to trade up either. This isn’t far fetched at all.

Last year: D snaps

Carl Lawson 58%

JFM 56%

Jermaine johnson 28%

Micheal Clemons 28%

Bryce Huff 17%

This guy is going to play like 30% of the time due to our 'rotation'

Really a beyond idiotic pick.  Our very top DEs play less than 60% of the time and we use a 1st rounder on this dude.

Pathetic.

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Not trying to be adversarial but CLEARLY our scouts and coaching staff wanted Broderick Jones

The amount of time they spent on the clock and JD's look when they first shot to him pretty much screams that. Getting beat by GB like a bastard step child already working out wonderfully. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Is that why it took 10 minutes to make the pick.

JD (I love him overall) obviously got punked and the Steelers just got even when we jumped then for Revis. 

I’m devastated. I am.

Yep. This wasn’t JDs best moment. They looked stunned in the first 5 mins. It was a scramble and they stuck to their board but they didn’t want that result 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Last year: D snaps

Carl Lawson 58%

JFM 56%

Jermaine johnson 28%

Micheal Clemons 28%

Bryce Huff 17%

This guy is going to play like 30% of the time due to our 'rotation'

Really a beyond idiotic pick.  Our very top DEs play les than 60% of the time and we use a 1st rounder on this dude.

Pathetic.

Unless they plan to cut Lawson and use the savings to bulk up the Oline around Rodgers. 

7 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t think the Jets truly anticipated this result. Had mentioned in the draft forum that they were extremely high on Will McDonald and wouldn’t rule him out if all the tackles were gone. Jets stuck to their board but damn the pick swap really ****ed them

Does McDonald lineup wide over the RT or left? Lawson and JJ over LT, Huff usually over RT. Some Edfe Rushers have a stronger side or one easier to bend around

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Mel Kiper predicted the pick only had good things to say about him. He was generally predicted to go in high 20s to low 30’s. Some comments that he might not have played in best position at Iowa State and in NFL could be better. 

It’s always encouraging when the guy who claimed he would quit if Jimmy Clausen busted, has great things to say about a 24 year old EDGE rusher, who is 239lbs soaking wet, and has never played the position he will play in the NFL.  Bonus points when he was probably a late first, to early 2nd round pick, and we took him in the top 15.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They have a two year window to win a ring with Rodgers. Two things win games in the NFL: QBs and guys who sack the QB. They just got a guy who will presumably help sack the QB. Do I love the pick? No. But I appreciate the philosophy behind it. Let Rodgers get the team ahead in games, then unleash a NASCAR package in the second half against the opposing QB. 

The colts did pretty well with dungy and the idea of passing to get a lead and then rushing the other QB.  It’s funny 9/10 years this fanbase would want the pass rusher.