NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Call it an excuse for Wilson, call it whatever you want, but this game is on the defense.  Flat as a pancake.

This O today doesn’t beat anyone, regardless of the Defense. Gonna be another bottom of the league year on Offense. Nothing ever changes.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ghost420 said:

Zach played well? 7 for 14 116 yards and a td. 68 lf those yards coming off 1 pass. 

The problem is some just look at fancy stats. He isn’t turning the ball over, he’s using his legs, he isn’t throwing wide.  Let’s be honest he had no oline right now and had had 3-4 drops by his receivers.  Considering all that I’m happy with what I’ve seen.  It doesn’t help that the strength of our team the defense is having a horrendous day 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Zach played well? 7 for 14 116 yards and a td. 68 lf those yards coming off 1 pass. 

He’s played well for Zach, which is still nowhere near good enough but the OL is a major problem regardless of who is in there.  I’d like to have seen more from AR with them because it would have been eye opening. 

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Call it an excuse for Wilson, call it whatever you want, but this game is on the defense.  Flat as a pancake.

No doubt, the defense is a mess out there today, but the offense still has only 10 points in 3+ quarters, which came from about a half dozen successful offensive plays the entire game.

At this point Wilson is just getting appreciated for not totally sucking, but hasn't actually done much of anything though.  Not bad, so that's progress, but also certainly not good.

Just now, Jets723 said:

The problem is some just look at fancy stats. He isn’t turning the ball over, he’s using his legs, he isn’t throwing wide.  Let’s be honest he had no oline right now and had had 3-4 drops by his receivers.  Considering all that I’m happy with what I’ve seen.  It doesn’t help that the strength of our team the defense is having a horrendous day 

If we wanna be honest Zach Wilson sucks. Stats or no stats. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jets723 said:

Zach is not the issue today........  agreed.

• Upvote 1

I will add that I can’t say I’m surprised or that I blame the team for being flat.  Last week was about as much of an emotional roller coaster as a team could experience.  Short week against a good team.  This happens in the NFL all the time.  If they come out like this next week, then I’ll be very concerned.

Just now, Jets723 said:

Wilson not the problem today.  Defense is gassed from last week and OL sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Hal said:

Last drive.  Nice pass under pressure for a first.  Hands off and Cook fumbles.   Stop.  

Go hang out at a toy-r-us... ZW is doing nothing to keep the DBs honest on the outside. He's 0/0 on boundary balls. Have you ever seen him through a back shoulder fade? 

Everyone sucks rn,, incl your guy