The Le'Veon Bell Thread

Team archer

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure they share the same agent but I find it interesting that there hasn't been a word about Tevin Coleman since the tampering window started.  No rumors, no tweets.  Radio silence.  I'd think if Bell's offers aren't setting the market for a big RB payday we're going to start hearing more out of Coleman's camp shortly...

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I have the gut wrenching feeling he's going to the Raiders.  His new mixtape is called life's a gamble.  Correlation with Vegas obviously.  I may be reaching but you never know.

Life's a gamble.  He gambled by sitting out a year and betting on himself to get the money he wants.

Just now, peekskill68 said:

I'm pretty sure they share the same agent but I find it interesting that there hasn't been a word about Tevin Coleman since the tampering window started.  No rumors, no tweets.  Radio silence.  I'd think if Bell's offers aren't setting the market for a big RB payday we're going to start hearing more out of Coleman's camp shortly...

That's why I think Coleman will wait until Bell signs. Because then they can get leftover market money for him

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

also can't rule out how gurley's injury is scaring teams from paying rbs, fair or not.  

3 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Sirius NFL radio Pat kirwin said Bell to the Jets.  Unsure if he was serious but he cited terms (17 per year).   Hasn't repeated it but said we should hear soon... Don't shoot the messenger if he is just speculating.

I was listening and I think he was guessing on what he would get from us.  But sound like he thinks he will end up with us.

23 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Bell turning this into a "LeBron Decision" thing a bit, what Durant did etc. Wants to have a moment, as stated earlier. 

Which I guess is sports now and didn't stop those guys from being great, but makes you wonder a little bit about him. Maybe. 

Or he's just playing a few teams off each other for max $, which is probably really it. Or both. 

The guy mailed in the last game he played in (AFC champ game). Signing him to 17 mill plus would be a colossal mistake. Hell sit out again without blinking. I can’t believe the Jets are actually doing this.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The guy mailed in the last game he played in (AFC champ game). Signing him to 17 mill plus would be a colossal mistake. Hell sit out again without blinking. I can’t believe the Jets are actually doing this.

I actually agree with you. 

What's interesting about that take is I listened to NFL radio the entire day after the Raiders traded for AB. The general consensus with all of the hosts and people interviewed was that the Raiders and AB won the day with the Steelers being the slaughtered lamb. The entire day was about how great AB is as a teammate and the hardest worker etc etc etc.  I see him as much bigger problem than Bell and was very surprised to hear the overwhelming agreement of the great move it wss for the Raiders. Truly blown away by the outpouring of love for him. 

I don't know anymore man. I think I may have actually gotten old and no longer relate to the world overall. 

6 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

I hear we told Bell he can design them himself if he signs here. 

BREAKING:  Bell tells Jets he likes the current uniform.  Team decides to forego the uniform change rendering the 125 page uniform thread useless.  Jamal Adams asks to be traded, source confirms.

-Mehta

36 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Barr and his agent deserve some egg on their face for this.

lol, people are like Antonio Brown is just doing what he has to by forcing his way out of his contract and is a hero to working man, but Barr agreeing in principle to a deal then reneging is a monster

Jets turning up the pressure on Le’Veon Bell

March 12, 2019 | 3:05pm

Enlarge Image
Le'Veon Bell
Le'Veon BellGetty Images

The Jets would like an answer soon.

According to multiple reports, the Jets are pressing Bell for an answer as the star running back decides where to play next. The Athletic reports the Jets have given Bell a deadline to make his decision, while NFL Network says they have submitted their final offer.

The Jets were fearful before free agency of being used as a pawn in the Bell sweepstakes to prop his price tag. That may have only intensified after Anthony Barr agreed to a deal with the Jets on Monday night, before changing his mind and deciding to re-sign with the Vikings.

The Ravens and Raiders are the teams loosely linked to Bell on Tuesday, along with the Jets.

I really don't want Bell... I haven't been this agasint a move in a really long time. Usually I'm the guy in the middle saying "Okay, it could work, lets give this a chance."... But this time I feel pretty firmly in the No Thanks camp... I want OL and CB help more.

But of course I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm no expert; So of course wherever Bell signs he'll have a monster year. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

"The Jets apparently are the only team actively pursuing Bell"

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/12/jets-give-leveon-bell-a-deadline/

Macc negotiating against himself again?

unless other teams know that bell won't sign with them, then they jump in, but it would be for less anyway.  

or maybe there's just a general theme that teams want to get rid of the problems like obj, brown, bell, etc. 

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What are you talking about? The last game he played (AFC Divisional round, not Championship Game) he has over 150 yards and scored 2 TDs. If that’s mailing it in than what the hell have the Jets been doing for the past 10 years?

Jets give Le’Veon Bell a deadline

Posted by Mike Florio on March 12, 2019, 2:39 PM EDT

gettyimages-613632286-e1552415937844.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets want Le'Veon Bell. More importantly, they want Le’Veon Bell to make a decision.

Connor Hughes of TheAthletic.com reports that the Jets have given Bell a deadline to decide whether he wants to sign, and that they’re not going to wait forever.

Of course, even if Bell tells the Jets he’ll sign, Bell can ultimately refuse to sign the contract after the new league begins on Wednesday at 4:00 p.m. ET. And the Jets are keenly aware that this can happen, because it already has today, with linebacker Anthony Barr.

As recently mentioned, the Jets apparently are the only team actively pursuing Bell. Which gives the Jets the leverage needed to insist that Bell make a decision.

Archived