The Mini Camp Thread

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Almost here. What do you want to see? No injuries of course, but what are you hoping for?

Me, I will settle for the coaches not fist fighting each other. Save that drama for training camp.

Mac getting a pile driver

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Sam and Jamison seem to have a natural connection but that isn't stopping them from getting extra work in...I've seen them on the practice field after each session with Leveon honing the groups timing. 

Sam should have an abundance of opportunities to work his magic after the play breaks down this year.  If so and we can stay relatively healthy we are playoff bound in my opinion. 

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Almost here. What do you want to see? No injuries of course, but what are you hoping for?

Competence.

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Me, I will settle for the coaches not fist fighting each other. Save that drama for training camp.

I was going to make a Gase eyes joke here, but I've been told those are inappropriate now that he's our coach and not the Dolphins coach.

Gase and Williams in a knock down drag out fight club event (JetNation gets to stream the event exclusively ). What doesn't kill them makes them stronger.

No injuries. Of course.

Sam running the offense like a seasoned vet.

The Coaches actually coaching as opposed to standing with their hands on their hips and a thousand yard stare.

The O-line developing a strong bond.

The defense communicating tactics.

Gase and Williams confiscating then destroying the electronics of any overgrown child trying to play fortnite while at work.

• Upvote 1

An evenly matched offense and defense. For the past decade the "D" would always dominate the "O" in camp. 

Seemed like the "O" was running laps at the end of every practice. Rex really let the "O" know they sucked compared to his "D"

A healthy Enunwa and Trumane working hard to get back his "shut down" recognition.

How about organization!? Hard hitting!? Plenty of chirping going on between the offense and defense who are playing hard? GASE AND GREG... dropping constant F-bombs!? There's a foot right up somebody's ass!? Undrafted rookies challenging second-year starters and vying for position!? Mr. Bell actually shows up? Robby Anderson cuts his stupid haircut and learns English? Sam Darold bitch slapping offensive lineman!? Polite... Unstoppable and the gem of this year's draft? I Can Dream can't I? LOL

• Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I’m cringing at the inevitability of hearing how Chume Edoga is handling Q Will very easily during rookie mini camp, and then come training camp he can’t block anyone, and Q Will still can’t beat him, or any 1st, and 2nd string OL.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Offseason program from NYJets.com.  Starts Thurs 5/9.

Days Dates
First Day of Offseason Program MON April 8
Voluntary Veteran Minicamp TUE-THU April 23-25
NFL Draft in Nashville, TN THU-SAT April 25-27
Rookie Orientation (No Minicamp) THU-SUN May 9-12
OTA Offseason Workouts TUE-THU May 21-23
OTA Offseason Workouts TUE-THU May 28-30
Mandatory Minicamp (Physicals) MON June 3
Mandatory Minicamp Practices TUE-THU June 4-6
OTA Offseason Workouts MON-THU June 10-13

Not sure exaclty what rookie orientation entsils in lieu of minicamp.

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I’m cringing at the inevitability of hearing how Chume Edoga is handling Q Will very easily during rookie mini camp, and then come training camp he can’t block anyone, and Q Will still can’t beat him, or any 1st, and 2nd string OL.

Well thought out.