Sam Darnold has Mono: MERGED

Anyone who knows me on here knows I’m not a knee jerk guy , but if the next time Sam takes a snap we are 0-5 , then his first 1 1/2 seasons have been a huge disappointment to say the least . Coaching changes are part of the deal , staying on the field is part of the deal , can’t make excuses , he’s been disappointing, not saying bust, but anyone who says he hasn’t been disappointing so far I think is lying to themselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I had Mono when I was 20...

Didn't get out of bed for 6 weeks, lost about 30 pounds and missed a semester of college.

It sucks!

Agree! I had when i was 16.....the worse 5-6 weeks of my life.  Never felt so drained or tired before.  I was forced to sit out my entire football season because of it too.

Every mono case is different ....some people get it a lot worse than others.  If he is a more severe case, I wouldnt be surprised if we didn't get him back until around week 6 or 7......He may feel better in a month but I believe the spleen stays enlarged for a bit longer.  The doctors probably wont want to risk a ruptured spleen from him being hit.

Tough break for the kid.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In all seriousness, mono is nothing to trifle with and it could put him down for much longer than a few weeks. Wouldn’t be surprised if it impacted him last week. 

0-3 into the bye is not how I envisioned this season going. But if he’s out a significant amount of time, I see another top 5 pick coming. 

Who do you think the Best Available Defensive Lineman will be?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Anyone who knows me on here knows I’m not a knee jerk guy , but if the next time Sam takes a snap we are 0-5 , then his first 1 1/2 seasons have been a huge disappointment to say the least . Coaching changes are part of the deal , staying on the field is part of the deal , can’t make excuses , he’s been disappointing, not saying bust, but anyone who says he hasn’t been disappointing so far I think is lying to themselves.

Because he is ill? or Concussion?

15 minutes ago, CosmoIacavazzi said:

Optimist of the year award:

We were probably going 0-6 anyway. SD will avoid any injuries in doing so, come back strong and lead us to 10 straight wins. Book it......or not.

Not out of the realm of possibility, if you look at the schedule. After those six games, only Baltimore and, maybe, Pittsburgh look really tough. Sam should, at least, have the opportunity to finish strong and have something to build on going into next year. 

They'll be cautious with him. He's gonna need time to build his strength back up. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jolot said:

What’s he supposed to do? Turn one of the worst rosters into the league into a competitor? 

• Upvote 1