Herndon sucks

“I think Chris is somebody that really is a game-changing type player because he can force the defense to have to make a decision,” Gase said. “If they want to play man-to-man, all right we’ll see how good he is. And if we start hooking up on throws all over the field, then now all of a sudden you have to change the way you play.”

Gase once called Herndon a “unicorn.” He is the rare tight end who can do it all

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Herndon has been a major disappointment. After a wasted season last year I was expecting him to be an important part of the offense but boy was I wrong. His performance this year is cut worthy. 

Gase makes him drop easy catches,OBVIOUSLY

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

“I think Chris is somebody that really is a game-changing type player because he can force the defense to have to make a decision,” Gase said. “If they want to play man-to-man, all right we’ll see how good he is. And if we start hooking up on throws all over the field, then now all of a sudden you have to change the way you play.”

Gase once called Herndon a “unicorn.” He is the rare tight end who can do it all

Genius

While this season is disappointing, Herndon was always wildly overrated around here.  To start his career he had a good year, for a rookie.  He was getting graded on a serious curve and there were a ton of assumptions being made about his future that are dangerous for any player, but especially someone on this stupid team.  Consider that Herndon's illustrious rookie year was actually rather comparable to Griffin's 2019 (who had less games played), and while Herndon won out in yards per catch, Griffin actually had the far better catch rate.

Now of course odds are very high that both a year on the shelf and the uselessness of Gase are not helping his cause, but the heights some had raised Herndon up to were always a bit questionable.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Herndon may indeed suck, but Gase’s use of the TE is comical.  I’m not sure I’ve seen a TE run a route more than 8 yards downfield.  Most likely both are true, Herndon sucks and Gase sucks the life out of his players.  

which is odd because last season they were used quite a bit.  I'm just not sure whats going on with this team this year aside from the absurd lack of talent and depth. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Another player this fan base mostly crowned as a star without any proof to support it.

yep it is crazy 

guys that were cut elsewhere or never did anything are the next jerry rice and K winslow sr when they get here

I kept saying 500 yards and 4TDs is 500 yards and 4 TDs. Not that much ....

Many kept trying to anoint  him a future top 5 TE .... I wanted it to be true but kept saying it was quite premature we had flashes of ability and flashes of bad decision making (dui).

None of us wanted his rookie season to be his peak, I hope he turns it around but yeah like everything else around here probably not.

On the play where Darnold was slammed on his shoulder and on the ground in pain, Herndon saw it happen and just turned around and walked away.

Didn't say anything to the defender, didn't offer Sam help getting up, nothing.

In short **** Chris Herndon, as a football player and from what little I know of him and his decisions off the field, as a person too.

13 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

On the play where Darnold was slammed on his shoulder and on the ground in pain, Herndon saw it happen and just turned around and walked away.

Didn't say anything to the defender, didn't offer Sam help getting up, nothing.

In short **** Chris Herndon, as a football player and from what little I know of him and his decisions off the field, as a person too.

Herndon wasn't the only one. The other 11 players on the field acted like it was a ho hum incomplete pass. That is yet another indictment of the coach, to me. This team is listless in every way imaginable.