Jets sign WR Corey Davis from Titans

19 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Davis is a solid and reliable but not a true #1.  I think the Jets are allergic to true #1 WR's.  Hopefully Mims turns into one this year. Could be a very productive 1-2 punch.

we do have a draft with numerous early round picks with the possibility of adding more

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just my two bits but to all the cut Crowder guys, isn't this the reason why Darnold sucked in the first place?

Let's get rid of the last guy he had chemistry with? New head coach, new offensive system, new wide receivers new running backs every year.

Still no O'line 

Yep... Status quo!

Sorry Sam...

Yeah, what's the obsession with people and cutting Crowder? 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You clearly don’t follow me around. But I wanted him.

You're right (I don't).  LOL!

You're also right, in fairness, a forum search showed a few (and I mean a few) comments of somewhat lukewarm support/floating of the idea prior to the news breaking.

So not many people, but a small few.

1 minute ago, football guy said:

After all the hoopla, Corey Davis was Joe Douglas’s top receiver available. Following him was JuJu Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golladay. 

Wouldn't totally rule out a double dip at WR, but I think there’s a better chance they double-dip at DE. 

I can see a double dip at DE, not sure about WR. Not sure JuJu is a Joe Douglas type player, and Golladay may go to a team that has a more proven QB. I'd like Golladay. Him, Mims, Davis and Crowder, and Perriman as your WR5 wouldn't be such a bad WR corps I think.

Just now, football guy said:

After all the hoopla, Corey Davis was Joe Douglas’s top receiver available. Following him was JuJu Smith-Schuster, Kenny Golladay. 

Wouldn't totally rule out a double dip at WR, but I think there’s a better chance they double-dip at DE. 

To hell with a double dip at wideout.

Go get Hendrickson (and if possible, Hunter Henry) and then grab someone like Toney, Marshall or Moore at #34 come late April.

Within a span of 4 hours I’ve gone from wanting to throw Douglas onto the Macc/Idzik/Bradway pile to silently, yet enthusiastically nodding in agreement.

I'd still love JuJu but this is an awesome signing for our WR position. 

Corey Davis is a freakish talent as a former #5 overall pick (2017) and has excellent size @ 6'3/210 lbs. 

Not only that but he's 4 years developed heading into his 5th year. 

He had a breakout 2nd season recording 65 receptions for 891 receiving yards and 4 TD receptions. 

And last year within a run first Derrick Henry offense was able to record as a 4th year WR 60 receptions for 945 receiving yards and 5 TD receptions (despite only 10 starts/12 games). 

He's not the big name type of Allen Robinson/Chris Godwin/JuJu who I've dreamed about heading into FA but I've spent over an hour watching his game film and highlights and I'm super excited. He's big. He's really fast for his size. He's Physical. Awesome at slants. Great in run blocking and can get dowfield as a deep threat. 

Keep Jamison Crowder as our 5th WR. Draft a WR in the 2nd round (Marshall Jr). Sign JuJu. 

Give our QB (whoever he is) multiple WR options. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster. 

Denzel Mims.  

Terrace Marshall Jr. 

Corey Davis. 

Jamison Crowder.

No clear-cut true #1 WR. But those are 5 WRs, depending on down and distance; that you can utilize all around the field @ the WR position(s). 

Invest into our WR positions and our QB will have a chance to find open targets. 

Draft Najee Harris @ RB with our Seattle pick too. Give me an offense to be excited about. 

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

I get it.. because he's coming from the same team

But no

Mccareins 3rd year with Titans

47 catches, 817, 7 tds

Davis 3rd year with Titans

65 catches, 984 yards, 5 tds

Yeah completely different.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

I can see a double dip at DE, not sure about WR. Not sure JuJu is a Joe Douglas type player, and Golladay may go to a team that has a more proven QB. I'd like Golladay. Him, Mims, Davis and Crowder, and Perriman as your WR5 wouldn't be such a bad WR corps I think.

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

To hell with a double dip at wideout.

Go get Hendrickson (and if possible, Hunter Henry) and then grab someone like Toney, Marshall or Moore at #34 come late April.

Within a span of 4 hours I’ve gone from wanting to throw Douglas onto the Macc/Idzik/Bradway pile to silently, yet enthusiastically nodding in agreement.

I don’t think they’ll sign JuJu. I think they view Corey Davis as the primary Z receiver, making JuJu redundant. 

I do think they can still add Samuel, but more likely they’ll go for a cheap speedster

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, genot said:

Averaged over 15 yds a catch last year. Even in his previous three seasons he had a good yds per catch average.Yes. it's a good signing.

Also keep in mind he’s only 4 seasons removed from western Michigan, so just hitting his prime 

5 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

completly different players. McCarreins was the opposite of physical

So far they're both the opposite of awesome.

I'm not really shtting on it..  I just dont think its anything to get too excited about.

I'll take him over Perriman- at least he stays on the field for the most part.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No one had this guy in my fantasy league. 

SAR I

That's what happens when you play in 10 team leagues with small rosters.  He was rostered and played in most real fantasy leagues. 1000 yards and 5 TDs in 12 starts.  That's conservatively 1200 yards and 6-7 TDs over a full season.  On a run first team.  Look at SFs offense. The Jets are looking for physical receivers who can block.

Also, JD couldn't pin all his hopes on Samuel.  If they lose out on him and Davis signs elsewhere, he comes up empty.  He's filling needs.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm not really shtting on it..  I just dont think its not anything to get too excited about.

Look up and compare their catch %s and yards per game. McCareins was awful. 

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

I'm not really shtting on it..  I just dont think its anything to get too excited about.

He’s CB a decent #3/4 WR. They’re plotting him out as a #1. Good luck. Mims is not ready to take on that role so essentially you’re going with 2 #3 WR’s in Mims and Davis. We’re not in a position to get an elite WR this draft. They will be gone by #23. 

My buddy, a big titans fan, said following 

“Great athlete, tough as nails, good improviser when a play breaks down. Just needs to stay healthy. Very weird parallel but a little Jordy Nelson-ish? Maybe Demaryius Thomas -like”

So I’m more excited about then I was 5 minutes ago. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Mccareins 3rd year with Titans

47 catches, 817, 7 tds

Davis 3rd year with Titans

65 catches, 984 yards, 5 tds

Yeah completely different.

Justin McCareins 2001-2003 (Titans)

Games: 36 / Games Started: 12

133 Tgt, 69 Rec, 1,202 yds, 17.4 Y/R, 9 TD, 73 Lng, 33.4 Y/G, 51.9% Ctch%

Corey Davis 2017-2020 (Titans)

Games: 56 / Games Started: 48

338 Tgt, 207 Rec, 2,851 yds, 13.8 Y/R, 11 TD, 75 Lng, 50.9 Y/G, 61.2% Ctch%

In Corey's last season before signing with Jets he averaged 70.3 yards receiving per game, 15.1 yards per reception, and a catch percentage of 70.7%.

Yeah completely the same players. 

• Upvote 1