Dolphins Trade #3 pick

King P

I don’t think it’s time to lean into the Jets intentions....maybe JD didn’t want to drop 10 spots. It still could go either way as far as drafting Wilson/Fields n Trade Darnold vs Trade Down 

But now this does put pressure on a team like Carolina if they do want to get up past San Fran for a QB.....if the move up to 3 cost 3 firsts, what does to move up to 2 cost?

50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Our division will have Allen on a stacked team, Garropolo, and Tua throwing to Kyle Pitts

but hey, Zach Wilson looks good throwing in shorts and a tshirt

I'll take a competent offensive staff and SD over Tua and JimmyG. So sign me up for this scenario after a haul from Carolina. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I’d have to imagine San Francisco made that offer to us.

Pretty much says that we’re going QB at 2, IMO.

Does it mean that, or does it mean the Jets are working on a similar deal with a team that has something higher than #12 to offer?

• Upvote 1

Dolphins just put on a master class by  getting max value while staying in top 10.  I'm shocked and credit to Grier hell of a job.  If they aren't competing for superbowls within the next 3 years, throw the org away.  They could end up with pitts/waddle/sewell/chase/smith  and in the process collecting  extra 1st rounders in the process.  All i have to say is Wilson BETTER be worth the Jets not taking advantage of this scenario!

• Upvote 1

I have the feeling that SF just traded 3 firsts to draft a FCS QB with 300 passes in his career. However on the other hand, the guy is a physical monster with a potential through the roof.

Drafting Lance would take massive testicles, but if it works then they're geniuses. And of all the teams that could make it work with him, the 49ers have some of the greatest odds in their favor.

• Upvote 1

Just now, DoubleDecker said:

Dolphins just put on a master class by  getting max value while staying in top 10.  I'm shocked and credit to Grier hell of a job.  If they aren't competing for superbowls within the next 3 years, throw the org away.  They could end up with pitts/waddle/sewell/chase/smith  and in the process collecting  extra 1st rounders in the process.  All i have to say is Wilson BETTER be worth the Jets not taking advantage of this scenario!

Master class? They basically traded down 3 spots for a 1st and a 3rd, not really that great.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DoubleDecker said:

And if Tua isn’t any good all those assets mean nothing 

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

I have the feeling that SF just traded 3 firsts to draft a FCS QB with 300 passes in his career. However on the other hand, the guy is a physical monster with a potential through the roof.

Drafting Lance would take massive testicles, but if it works then they're geniuses. And of all the teams that could make it work with him, the 49ers have some of the greatest odds in their favor.

SF is going for it and figures they have it all set up for a rookie qb to succeed.  atlanta can probably sit tight and take fields if they want, or even trade back with carolina when they're on the clock.  the top 8-9 teams are going to hook up nicely with guys they want and need.  

6 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

Master class? They basically traded down 3 spots for a 1st and a 3rd, not really that great.

A future first, essentially worth a second this year. I’m a little surprised by all the praise here for a fairly meh trade. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

Would be surprising to me but for what if’s worth Simms is good friends with Kyle 

Lombardi thinks the Niners will take Jones as well

I don't think he's bad, but I'd be floored if they just traded what they did for Mac Jones.

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

This trade destroys what @football guyhas been claiming. He has said if the Jets could get a blockbuster deal for the #2 pick that's what they would do. SF obviously tried to do that deal with the Jets before talking to the Dolphins. This guarantees Jets pick Zack Wilson.

It does no such thing, but if it makes you want to puff your chest out...okay.

• Upvote 1

Grier really showed how to masterfully do your job. He got a nice haul from SF and was then able to trade up to 6 and will be in good position to get the player he’s targeting. Just imagine if they drafted Herbert instead last year. Even if Tua doesn’t work out that team will be stacked for whatever QB comes in.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Welp said:

Grier really showed how to masterfully do your job. He got a nice haul from SF and was then able to trade up to 6 and will be in good position to get the player he’s targeting. Just imagine if they drafted Herbert instead last year. Even if Tua doesn’t work out that team will be stacked for whatever QB comes in.

Exactly.  Philly GM showed what it's like to wheel and deal.  Insane that he went from 12 back to 6 in the blink of an eye.  Stuff you would never see in the NFL.   Great work, IMO.

There is no way the Jets can trade #2 until the Jags pick on draft day. Simple as that.

Totally agree with your statement. The Jets may engage in talks with other Teams , and may set parameters for a possible trade. But, they should not finalize trading the #2 pick until the Jags actually select Trevor Lawrence or Houston might reconsider trading Watson because they see value in Wilson or some other QB as the franchise replacement. Assuming that all the Dirty Press regarding Watson concludes with a “Non Sexual Happy Ending” . I don’t believe Joe Douglas would trade all those picks to acquire Watson with all the dirty laundry still unsettled.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

57 minutes ago, section314 said:

There is no way the Jets can trade #2 until the Jags pick on draft day. Simple as that.

This might be the best post of the thread.  What if the Jags do not take Lawrence and the Jets have already traded the pick?  Time for seppuku, no?

To the smug Zach Wilson tribe, have any of you considered that Douglas might already have a better offer on the table and told them the pick is not available until it is on the clock?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

This might be the best post of the thread.  What if the Jags do not take Lawrence and the Jets have already traded the pick?  Time for seppuku, no?

To the smug Zach Wilson tribe, have any of you considered that Douglas might already have a better offer on the table and told them the pick is not available until it is on the clock?

Denial.

• Upvote 1