GETTING THAT SICK SOJ FEELING

TMAC

Only one first round draft pick not signed: Zach Wilson.  This is extremely disturbing.  This kid is the centerpiece of our rebuild.  We need him in camp.  We need him to be as ready as possible.  When Fitzgarbage held out after a flukey good season, the results were disastrous.  I really don't know who is to blame here and don't pretend to understand the nuances and subtleties of these contract negotiations.  I don't get a sense of urgency here and I'm beginning to wonder if this has the Johnson stink attached to it.  Frankly, I don't care if it costs them millions of dollars extra to get Wilson in camp.  That's a fan's point of view but do the Jets really want to play chicken here and throw away another season? Maybe they do.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 2

the more I think about this worse it gets - imagine asking this baby face kid to lead your franchise and you put him in this situation where he is holding out as a rookie - this is devastating towards his efforts to earn the respect of the vets. this is worst-case-scenario for the Jets hope of not being the SOJ. how can they be this obtuse?

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

the more I think about this worse it gets - imagine asking this baby face kid to lead your franchise and you put him in this situation where he is holding out as a rookie - this is devastating towards his efforts to earn the respect of the vets. this is worst-case-scenario for the Jets hope of not being the SOJ. how can they be this obtuse?

Mostly agree, but players all know that every man there is trying to get the best possible contract for themselves. But it’s a bad look. 

I'm actually impressed we drafted a QB who isn't a nice California kid.  He's a stone cold killer.  Exactly what the NY Jets desperately need.  

If Zach was a mobster he would be "Baby Face" that everyone was scared sh$tless of.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

gents with all due respect, this is part of the business.  Players understand that and I disagree with JJ assessment that vets would not respect this.  If anything its the opposite and they would be more inclined to understand and just go about their business.  

If it drags on - weeks - then you can make the case that it will hurt the kid and maybe the team. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

It sucks, but I’m pretty sure it would actually get him their respect. Because the vets already know it’s a harsh typically short lived profession so they respect a player that gets his. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The fun only lasts from March to August.  This year, it's only March to July.

Joe Douglas is biting off more than he can chew here.  He shouldn't have gone down this road on offsets and cashflow to impress Woody Johnson.  We are the Jets.  We haven't earned the right to push agents and FQB's around.

SAR I

The player is worried about offsets in case he gets cut later correct?  I'm more worried that our FQB is concerned about being cut than if we are pushing around an agent or so called FQB.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TMAC said:

Only one first round draft pick not signed: Zach Wilson.  This is extremely disturbing.  This kid is the centerpiece of our rebuild.  We need him in camp.  We need him to be as ready as possible.  When Fitzgarbage held out after a flukey good season, the results were disastrous.  I really don't know who is to blame here and don't pretend to understand the nuances and subtleties of these contract negotiations.  I don't get a sense of urgency here and I'm beginning to wonder if this has the Johnson stink attached to it.  Frankly, I don't care if it costs them millions of dollars extra to get Wilson in camp.  That's a fan's point of view but do the Jets really want to play chicken here and throw away another season? Maybe they do.

Ding Ding Ding GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The fun only lasts from March to August.  This year, it's only March to July.

Joe Douglas is biting off more than he can chew here.  He shouldn't have gone down this road on offsets and cashflow to impress Woody Johnson.  We are the Jets.  We haven't earned the right to push agents and FQB's around.

SAR I

Are you tired of giving hand jobs to Adam gase?

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

I'm actually impressed we drafted a QB who isn't a nice California kid.  He's a stone cold killer.  Exactly what the NY Jets desperately need.  

If Zach was a mobster he would be "Baby Face" that everyone was scared sh$tless of.  

The nice kid from California also held out.  He wasn't a "stone-cold killer."  Darnold was a cotton ball soaked in hoo-ha juice.

A hold out for a rookie QB that is expected to start is a terrible look, for both the organization and Zach Wilson.  There is no positive spin.  The Jets suck at everything.

• Upvote 2