***OFFICIAL JETS VS TEXANS GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

It’s interesting, and probably unfortunate, to have the comparison point to the other quarterbacks over multiple weeks.

I don’t know how much time he needs, and maybe he just needs to knock the rust off, but it’s harder to evaluate the rest of the team with a quarterback playing like that.

Defense reminds me of a basketball team that plays great defense up until the last 5 seconds of the shot clock and then gives up a wide open shot.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's unbelievable how bad Wilson looks. 

Darnold at least gave you flashes. 

Wilson looks like he cannot play. At all.

Offense was 1st in the NFL in passing with Flacco, Josh Johnson and Mike White in there. With Wilson they cannot complete a pass.

Right? It’s like he doesn’t “get it” On the football traits and game plan 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am legitimately wondering if there is some sort of discord with Wilson and some of these dudes.  Line had looked respectable.  In 3 drives so far, he’s had at least 3 drop backs where someone has an instant loss in pass pro. 
Maybe they just don’t believe in him.  Either way, if he doesn’t start getting things going he needs to sit for the rest of the year.

This is true..

but boy is he missing throws though.  Those last two plays were terrible.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am legitimately wondering if there is some sort of discord with Wilson and some of these dudes.  Line had looked respectable.  In 3 drives so far, he’s had at least 3 drop backs where someone has an instant loss in pass pro. 
Maybe they just don’t believe in him.  Either way, if he doesn’t start getting things going he needs to sit for the rest of the year.

IMO, they gifted him the starting job, they wouldn’t bench him when he sucked, then they gave him extra time off mid-season to get “confidence” in his knee. That’s bound to cause resentment in the locker room

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Anybody blaming Mike LaFleur for this offense or even the OL are nuts........ this is ALL ON ZACH WILSON!!!

Now this is why I said don't start Wilson at all let him learn and get a QB like Gardner Minshew to hold the fort, if you are getting rid of  Darnold until Wilson is READY for the NFL!!!

It boggles the mind why they didn't do this...

Zach was raw. Everyone knew this. Let the jag come in and play... then when he gets hurts or sucks halfway through the season the rookie comes in and the pressure is off and he's had some time to see it for awhile. 

With Zach, he may not even see the field because the areas he needed he work on were mental. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Facts said:

Such a lazy take.

Not really. It’s fairly obvious.

Yes, Mac Jones is better than Wilson right now, but look at how much more talent he has surrounding him and a coaching staff that is light years better than the Jets. Also, has a top 10 defense, so he doesn’t have always dig himself out of a hole. 

12 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Bad decision by Zach but the line does him no favors.  He’s getting sacked or chased constantly.  They need to protect him more and the mistakes should lessen.  If they don’t then  there’s a big issue but we aren’t doing the kid any favors either 

For your own sake, Stop with the OL bs. You did it until the end with Darnold, do not do it again.

Repeat after me…. this kid sucks. You’ll feel better once you do.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3