Anyone else burnt out on the draft?

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Care to explain? 

Bosa bros. both dominated as Freshman thru leaving and going pro.  Hutchinson did nothing before this year.  For everyone seeing him as the great white hope I see him as Gerry Cooney with more nepotism.

• WTF? 1

25 minutes ago, Origen said:

Bosa bros. both dominated as Freshman thru leaving and going pro.  Hutchinson did nothing before this year.  For everyone seeing him as the great white hope I see him as Gerry Cooney with more nepotism.

Joey wasn’t dominant his freshman and jr seasons. Freshman he had 7.5 sacks and jr he had 5. His only true dominant season was as a sophomore with 13.5 which is .5 lower than hutch last year. Hutch also slimmed down this year. They had very similar combine numbers also. 

F9785BBE-56B6-4B77-8027-B68ACE39604F.png

B3BB7BAE-1FF2-42BD-B96E-6B8650C52B50.png

4 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I have been watching analyses videos reading evaluations and reading and responding to posts here since December and I am just weary. At this point everyone's mind is set and there is really now news and any news is likely a smoke screen.

As usual Jets fans are obsessed with edge. We need one but IMO I don't think there is a single one worthy of a Top 10 pick. I think the group is pretty weak and no one is elite. I like the WRs better but they are not elite either.

I think the only elite players in the draft are Neal, Icky, Gardner, and possibly Hamilton. Hutchinson has too high of a bust potential to be elite.

In my view if there is not even a remote consensus on the top players at a position they are not elite. 1 or 2 will likely be elite but it will only be obvious in hindsight.

I am tired of the obsession with drafting defense when we still need to make the offense better and protect Zach yet I see drafts all the time with all 4 of our picks on defense.

I HATE picking at 4. Icky and Gardner are really the only 2 picks I would not hate, and I dont like any of the edge in first 10. I have never wanted to trade down as much as this year. A TON of starters and pro bowlers will be taken from 15-40 and I think more pro bowlers might come from 20-35 than the Top 15.

Everone is in denial but 2 QBs likely go in Top 10.

Walker is the most overhyped player since Gholston.

I like your outside the box take.  It is a breath of fresh air.  You might even be right.  I just don't know.  I'm pretty much burned out already.  The draft can't come fast enough.

After the draft I’m going to be excited about whoever we draft, I’ll watch YouTube videos and convince myself how great each player is, regardless if we trade up, down, or hold tight. Then I will be excited for mini camp, then opening day. Then reality will set around week 2 and then I will be wondering how high we will drafting next year. 
I’ve been doing this for over a decade……….

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

You could debate that the first 13 picks in last year’s draft could go number one overall this year. I’d love to trade back a couple times this year and acquire pics for 2023. Still grab some talent this year but have multiple first rounders again next year which looks to be a way better draft. 

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I am tired of the obsession with drafting defense when we still need to make the offense better and protect Zach yet I see drafts all the time with all 4 of our picks on defense.

Im tired with all the back and forth over the reasons why we HAVE to draft offense or defense.  We need players on both sides of the ball so to limit the draft to one side, to pass up a superior player because of a pre determined plan makes little sense.

And I hardly, if ever see drafts with 4 picks on defense.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Im tired with all the back and forth over the reasons why we HAVE to draft offense or defense.  We need players on both sides of the ball so to limit the draft to one side, to pass up a superior player because of a pre determined plan makes little sense.

And I hardly, if ever see drafts with 4 picks on defense.  

This is a team that needs star talent. So I definitely agree.  I don’t care what side of the ball it’s on, we need to draft players that are difference makers. 

• Upvote 1

With the draft start time and the time difference to the UK, it makes it difficult to watch it live. I had thought about staying up late this year to see how it goes, given how unpredictable it is ... now I'm starting to think otherwise. Knowing my luck we'll end up trading down and / or picking guys that are a bit "meh".

It's not like I'm expecting real excitement about who's on the board at 4 or 10, like in other years where you could feel you got a "steal". This year feels that it's as much about who we don't pick than who we do.

I started following the draft in 1991, the year of the Blair Thomas pick. I was a big fan of the draft until last year. The over saturation of content between multiple mock drafts every single day, Twitter hot takes, NFL network and ESPN discussing it every day has become so obnoxious that I barely follow it now (compared to how I used to). Another big difference for me was just getting older. I’m 44 now and I always use to give Jets management somewhat of a benefit of the doubt because I figured they were older, wiser and knew better than me. You get to a certain stage in life (I’m now there) that you realize there are a lot of not very smart people with high profile jobs in all walks of life. I really do think the Jets are run by rich idiots.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The burnout exists because no one (or two, or three) currently draftable players can help this Jets team not suck. The one player who might help this Jets team not suck is a cherubic kid from Utah whom everyone knows is bad, even if some people want to live in denial about that fact. The coach is also bad. You are “burned out” because there is no hope, which is different than “burnout,” per se, but it’s the knowledge that this administration has fired all its bullets, missed on every one, and we all just have to wait for it to be put down before hope can exist again. If they didn’t draft Zach Wilson, you’d still have one bullet left in the gun, but they did and now it’s over. 

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I have been watching analyses videos reading evaluations and reading and responding to posts here since December and I am just weary. At this point everyone's mind is set and there is really now news and any news is likely a smoke screen.

As usual Jets fans are obsessed with edge. We need one but IMO I don't think there is a single one worthy of a Top 10 pick. I think the group is pretty weak and no one is elite. I like the WRs better but they are not elite either.

I think the only elite players in the draft are Neal, Icky, Gardner, and possibly Hamilton. Hutchinson has too high of a bust potential to be elite.

In my view if there is not even a remote consensus on the top players at a position they are not elite. 1 or 2 will likely be elite but it will only be obvious in hindsight.

I HATE picking at 4. Icky and Gardner are really the only 2 picks I would not hate, and I dont like any of the edge in first 10. I have never wanted to trade down as much as this year. A TON of starters and pro bowlers will be taken from 15-40 and I think more pro bowlers might come from 20-35 than the Top 15.

Everone is in denial but 2 QBs likely go in Top 10.

Walker is the most overhyped player since Gholston.

I also don't think our draft positions line up well to match up BAP with our needs.  Ickey and Sauce are the 2 players who I think have the talent to be #4 overall but they don't really match up with our needs.   I have a lot of concerns that KT is going to be a decent player but not a major difference maker and that we'll "waste" a #4 pick on him.  Meanwhile, I could see the Giants get Ickey at 5 and JJ at 7 (Kiper's mock) and both being far better players.  

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The burnout exists because no one (or two, or three) currently draftable players can help this Jets team not suck. The one player who might help this Jets team not suck is a cherubic kid from Utah whom everyone knows is bad, even if some people want to live in denial about that fact. The coach is also bad. You are “burned out” because there is no hope, which is different than “burnout,” per se, but it’s the knowledge that this administration has fired all its bullets, missed on every one, and we all just have to wait for it to be put down before hope can exist again. If they didn’t draft Zach Wilson, you’d still have one bullet left in the gun, but they did and now it’s over. 

Can't wait when Zach Wilson ends up being good and you'll act like you didn't say these things, or better yet, the ol "I just want to see the team do well so all is forgiven!" BS. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Can't wait when Zach Wilson ends up being good and you'll act like you didn't say these things, or better yet, the ol "I just want to see the team do well so all is forgiven!" BS. 

I have no doubt that he’ll be a solid contributor for the Vikings in 2025-26.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This hurt my feelings.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Anyone else burnt out on the draft?

Nope. 

It's always exciting and inspires hope for the future, especially when we have high picks or multiple picks or best of all, multiple high picks (like our 4 picks in the top 40 this year).

I enjoy all the talk (it's one aspect of how I get up to speed on prospects as a non-college football fan), and like all the mocks and fan mocks and simulators.  It's fun time.

Looking forward to it very much, even if they go a different direction to my hopes and dreams.  It's still new blood, new hope for our future.

• Upvote 2