Odds of Icky at 4 just increased dramatically

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Nearest one is like an hour away from me, lol. Might have to make the drive one of these days.

Ohh.  Not sure I'd say it's worth an hour long drive (each way).  Worst case, there are recipes online (on YouTube) how to make it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Fabulously gifted player, but it appears that he’s not buying in to what Saleh is selling here. We all talk about getting Zach Wilson what he needs to develop, but the same holds true for Saleh. If Becton is going to be a high maintenance project, it’s easier to just cut bait and go get another right tackle prospect. And considering the flashes Becton has shown, they could probably get a pretty decent return for him. 

He doesn’t fit the O scheme, him and his agent probably know this, wouldn’t be shocked if he is a draft day trade.

Thought this before today, and tbh if his wife is due in less then 4 weeks I’m ok with him skipping some 20% speed walk through rehearsals.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

He doesn't fit the 82,500-capacity football stadium, astronauts orbiting in space probably know this, wouldn't be shocked if Putin aims for Mariupol, misses, and hits him.

Seriously?  Completely unnecessary.

34 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He doesn’t fit the O scheme, him and his agent probably know this, wouldn’t be shocked if he is a draft day trade.

Thought this before today, and tbh if his wife is due in less then 4 weeks I’m ok with him skipping some 20% speed walk through rehearsals.

You know who desperately needs a tackle and is about to have their turn in the barrel once Deebo gets paid? The Seattle Seahawks. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

saw a similar report about kadarius toney on the giants. I shrugged my shoulders and said who cares, it's mid april voluntary practice. I'll say the same for Becton. But he better show up to camp under 350lbs.

This is why I think you are wrong on this.  It's not like Becton played a strong season last year, and proved what a great player he is.

In fact, he did the opposite.  His extended injury and not coming back for the entire season only raised questions about his injury and about him.  If anyone needed to come to these voluntary practices, it is Becton.  He needed to show the fans, front office, coaching staff, owner and Joe Douglas that he is back, and he will compete.  

He failed on this, and If I were Saleh and Joe Douglas, I would be seriously thinking about Ecky at #4, or Penning at #10.  Even if Becton comes back and plays great, it is too much of a risk at this point to hope for the best and not get a solid Tackle in the draft.

After all, hope is not a strategy. 

2 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

both of my daughters were delivered via c-section, one in week 37, the other in week 38.   so no, she doesn't necessarily had "4 weeks left"

you have no clue what you are talking about.  now i admit i don't know the particulars of the becton's pregnancy.  but your posts make clear you have no idea how a pregnancy works.  there is no one-size fits all rule and many, many babies come prior to their due dates. 

So you stopped working the last 4 weeks of your wife's pregnancy just in case she delivered early? I know I had to work all the way up to it.  That's how it normally works. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

So you stopped working the last 4 weeks of your wife's pregnancy just in case she delivered early? I know I had to work all the way up to it.  That's how it normally works. 

The fanbase is about a year behind in what's actually happening here. Rookie first round contract sets someone up for life. Putting up a workout video every 2 weeks via social keeps people believing. Unless there's a come to jesus his Jets career is already over.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, choon328 said:

no i did not.  but i can get to my job by taking a subway 3 stops and i can get from my office to the hospital in about 10 minutes via a cab.  and while my job doesn't require much travel, i definitely would not have gone out of town after week 37.  then again, my first one was born during week 37 and the 2nd during week 38.

and again, week 40 is meaningless.  i can't believe you actually have children (as seems to be the case from your response) and think that all pregnancies go to 40 weeks.

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

NOT the same thing dude. Not even close. 

Even in your scenario, the guys who do show up will get noticed and awarded

First of all: lol.

Second, he works on a contract so he's getting paid for contractual performance. If he wants to get paid more it's going to be what he does on the field in games not whether he shows to voluntary practices. If anybody even hinted at his non-attendance of voluntary practice during contract negotiations they would be grieved immediately. I get teams might consider it but they damn sure can't bring it up. If he's good in games he's going to be paid comparably to other players at the same level of performance.

5 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

no i did not.  but i can get to my job by taking a subway 3 stops and i can get from my office to the hospital in about 10 minutes via a cab.  and while my job doesn't require much travel, i definitely would not have gone out of town after week 37.  then again, my first one was born during week 37 and the 2nd during week 38.

and again, week 40 is meaningless.  i can't believe you actually have children (as seems to be the case from your response) and think that all pregnancies go to 40 weeks.

Pretty sure Becton doesnt live in Dallas.

7 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

First of all: lol.

Second, he works on a contract so he's getting paid for contractual performance. If he wants to get paid more it's going to be what he does on the field in games not whether he shows to voluntary practices. If anybody even hinted at his non-attendance of voluntary practice during contract negotiations they would be grieved immediately. I get teams might consider it but they damn sure can't bring it up. If he's good in games he's going to be paid comparably to other players at the same level of performance.

Ok enjoy the laugh but its not looking good for your fat friend 

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Wait im confused…..

mcgovern is out because of a baby? Already born?

becton is out but his wife is about to have a baby?

wtf?

if bectons wife is about to give birth that changes things big time

gotta be honest a professional player not being able to attend practice because his gf is pregnant is a first. How long is the grace period for this now? 

8 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That’s all well and good, but that is 100% coach speak.  Or in this case GM speak.  Even if he wanted to(granted maybe wouldn’t want to) come out and voice frustration, it has zero benefit to do so.  Not if they want him back, not if they want him gone.

There was only one coach I know of that would come out and put his players on the spot and that was Bill Parcells > Mims would have been greeted to his morning newspaper with "She'll be OK" And Becton would have been in tears midway through last season  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1