### The Official Round One Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

See thats the problem i had with Gardner. Carter was a pretty good slot guy last year. i dont think we should move him to teach Hall to play it. i think Hall goes to the dime or most likely traded.

Hall and Sauce on the outside (Both have good size and press skills). DJ starts as the nickle (smaller shiftier wrs). Carter as the dime. Remember, today's NFL has a lot of 3 and 4 wr sets. Plus, you need some depth as they'll play often. I didn't want CB, but when you're a Jets fan you have to find the good in everything. At least this isn't much of a stretch if any.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, undertow said:

People were advocating JJ or Karlaftis at 10 over WR and I never understood that.

People advocated for those guys at 4. Not Karlaftis so recently but definitely JJ.

I wasn’t locked in on receiver and I thought those guys were a little overvalued too, but the edges are much much more palatable here in the 20’s.

Linebacker could get interesting too at 35/38. Lloyd and Dean still in the board. Safety, Dax Hill and Lewis Cine still there. Long way to go but a decent chance some really good players are available.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

No. Stay put. Use those 2 2nd rounders. They will be immediate starters. LB and edge.

It wont take both the 2nd rounders to move up back into the 1st though. 

Prob a 2nd and a 4th/5th at this point. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, I don't disagree....but it's not how you win.

a GM managing scared isn't good for the team.  

Thing is Woody is back and this is a Woody draft.  Woody is in charge and that is clear to me.

Why do you keep saying this? If there was some flash - maaaaybe 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Yep. They have a full team already. Their pick doesn't have to pan out. They're playing with house money.

yea and they don't have a ton of holes that would likely be filled by 3rd round plus guys. Makes sense for them to trade quantity for quality. 

Just now, FidelioJet said:

If this was a 3-4, man- I would be excited with the pick.  Not saying he's a bad player - at all.  Super talented.

In this defense he has a low ceiling.   

I mean - you don't think the Jets are going to let him play man coverage? 

I think you will be surprised. 

Look at how they used Hall last year. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

It wont take both the 2nd rounders to move up back into the 1st though. 

Prob a 2nd and a 4th/5th at this point. 

Bingo. Devin Lloyd was taken 32 in a recent mock. Ivv B was like no way. But it seems he’s falling like a meteor.