NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,385 topics in this forum

• 20 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. Afo's SB Prediction

• 19 replies
    • 17 replies
  2. You Play Jets GM

• 10 replies
    • 22 replies
  3. Free Agency

• 2 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 7 replies
  4. Franchise #'s

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 11 replies
  5. VBookie

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 32 replies
  6. Congratulations Laura!!!

• 9 replies
  7. NFL Draft Page

• 6 replies
    • 38 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 61 replies
  8. HC question....

• 3 replies
    • 51 replies
  9. Needs Vs Wants

• 13 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 45 replies
  10. ESPN is a joke

• 9 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 33 replies
    • 13 replies
    • Had Rodgers been pressured and not sacked, we might be talking about an incompletion.
    • Probably one remembers him as a player, but Carl Kearney was briefly a Jet at one time. Only played in preseason games, though, in 2005. Just over two months ago he was supposed to be helping his friend/girlfriend, an OR nurse, with packing/moving. He strangled her to death in her parents' house. -- Everyone has a bad memory of Mo Wilkerson's last lousy seasons here, coasting and sucking after holding out to get paid more than the franchise tag; then later on having it get out that even years before that he was always lazy, late for team meetings, etc. Reason enough for him to make any Jets fan's unlikeable list. Off the field just pile more onto that: a few nights before this past Christmas, he was arrested for his 3rd DUI in 4 years -- wasted driving again with an open bottle of tequila and a loaded handgun (no papers, of course) in the car with him. What a scumbag.  -- Sheldon Richarson - Wilkerson's best buddy on the team - was another scumbag in his own right. OK we were all young once & surely not proud of literally everything we did, but how many of us ever got in our Bentley with a couple buddies and reached 143 mph in a high speed police chase through the St. Louis suburbs, running red lights, while high of course, with a loaded handgun in the car, and oh yeah also a 12 year-old kid in the back seat. That was special.  -- Zac Stacy. Charming fellow, beating up his girlfriend - the mother of their (then) 5-month old son - brutally caught on her security cameras punching her in the head and then throwing her into the TV. Also consider the statistically low odds that this was a one-time thing with her and/or other women prior to this one. Not embeddable because it's age-restricted/graphic, but here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ksY_6vNtM&t=34s -- Michael Vick. Animal cruelty requires no further elaboration, even from me. Dirtbag.  -- This isn't even touching a list of non-criminal players disliked for on-field rival, spurning, or just sucking here reasons (some notable ones mentioned by others). Every team's got them, though. Still... J!
    • I said "roughly even" on Q1: the D line. I would expect the new group to do even better on sacks and maybe pressures, but losing JFM, Jefferson and Woods also leaves me with some questions about defending the run. I know Reddick can do that, but I'm less sure about McDonald and the new iDL group. Overall I'm hoping it's a slight upgrade but I'm hesitant to say "big upgrade". Also said Stiggers for breakout, but tbh let's hope it's none of those guys because that probably means injuries happened.
  • Available Subscriptions