Merry Christmas, freaks. This is the best Jets season since Parcells

T0mShane

Happy holidays. This is the best Jets season in twenty years because the quarterback survived Peak Jetsness and hasn’t died. Maybe he’s that good. Maybe he’ll fall back. Maybe his gf is really hot and  of age and keeps him off the internet, which would be a nice change. However, he has crawled out of the radioactive ooze that this franchise presents to young players and seems immune to its effects. This is Reason 1a to be hopeful. I didn’t think he’d be able to avoid it because he didn’t seem aware of the morass to which he was confined, but he has. Maybe the month off helped him. Maybe no longer having the pressure on him helped. Maybe he, like Eli, is on the shallow end of the spectrum and it doesn’t impact him, so he’s able to overcome, but he’s been through it and come out the other side with all kinds of promise. His coach is awful and was technically fired six weeks ago. His OC will be returned to the woods like a rescue penguin next week. Most of his teammates on offense will rightly return to their jobs at UPS fairly soon. But, not him. He has overcome. 

Other readons for optimism!

2. The Pats are toast: As with the Italian mafia in 1990’s NYC, their empire has crumbled progressively, and not from the top like some Kevin Costner “Untouchables” sh*t, but from a rapid degradation of underbosses whose influence was cut out from beneath them by Giuliani. Such as it is with Gronkowski and Hansen And Edelman—Caucasian skill players who have returned to the mean athletically and no longer receive the protection of referees in this new, woke, era of egalitarian refereeing. Now, literally everyone gets flags, as Abraham Lincoln intended, and the massive advantage once enjoyed by Belichick and Mike Krysgdjdushsh at Duke is no more, and the league is better for it. The Pats are a criminal enterprise and will disappear into the muck historically, like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens and Spiro Agnew. Forthcoming, we’ll enjoy headlines about Brady “choosing” to retire to spite Belichick, or maybe Belichick dumps Brady on the Raiders to amuse his sadistic little mind. Regardless, its all downhill for Brady from here because his psyche is a 1000% dependent upon pleasing his creepy dad vis a vis football trophies and, with that stripped away, will find himself empty and aimless, and haha! SUPER DEPRESSED, which will cause him to very publicly bone a mid-grade celebutante (a Kardashian?) to nuke his marriage, which he knows is a fraud. Haha! And then Belichick will go coach Rutgers to three NCAA titles but whatev.

3. Tannenbaum has Tannenbaumed the Dolphins. DOA QB, DOA cap, DOA coach. It’s a rebuild fo sho in MIA. Go, Baumer! 

4. The otherwise smart boys at the Bills just went Full Jamarcus with Josh Allen and will not recover. Allen is an awful, awful passer (as was predicted) and the things that are wrong with him cannot and will not be fixed (I.e. he’s stupid). This carved out a nice 4-year window for the Jets to not worry as much about the annual split with the Bills. 

5. There are enough resources to recover from Maccagnan’s MANY mistakes. Darnold can help them recover from the crippling mistake of drafting Jamal Adams. Cap space can help them recover from Leonard Williams. Avery Williamson can answer for Darron Lee, and Robbie Anderson can help them recover from Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. There are pieces here, including guys like Henry Anderson and Kelvin Beachum And even a part-time Enunwa. SURE, it’d be great to pitch Maccagnan to the waves, but even if they don’t, he’s been so structurally kneecapped that the New Head Coach is going to have license to throw him over the pommel horse on any big decision anyway. Is that enough to attract a big coach? No. Maccagnan needs to be fired. But, even if he hangs on, he’s little more than an ugly hood ornament on a fresh, New Hyundai. 

6. The Harbaugh Rumor is Quetly a BIG DEAL. Let me explain:

—If it came from the Jets side, it shows that someone on the Jets isn’t waiting around to hire some bullsh*t consultant firm to stick them with some garbage candidate who requires an executive search firm to uncover. Going for Harbaugh is big balls YOLO sh*t that, even if unsuccessful, makes it look like you’re ready to spend some money and divest some control, which have always been two HUGE Johnson brothers knocks. 

—If it came from the Harbaugh side, whereby he’d be looking to leech some more cash from Michigan’s blueblood douchebag boosters, it’s still a great service to the Jets as it accomplishes the same goals as mentioned above. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Happy holidays. This is the best Jets season in twenty years because the quarterback survived Peak Jetsness and hasn’t died. Maybe he’s that good. Maybe he’ll fall back. Maybe his gf is really hot and  of age and keeps him off the internet, which would be a nice change. However, he has crawled out of the radioactive ooze that this franchise presents to young players and seems immune to its effects. This is Reason 1a to be hopeful. I didn’t think he’d be able to avoid it because he didn’t seem aware of the morass to which he was confined, but he has. Maybe the month off helped him. Maybe no longer having the pressure on him helped. Maybe he, like Eli, is on the shallow end of the spectrum and it doesn’t impact him, so he’s able to overcome, but he’s been through it and come out the other side with all kinds of promise. His coach is awful and was technically fired six weeks ago. His OC will be returned to the woods like a rescue penguin next week. Most of his teammates on offense will rightly return to their jobs at UPS fairly soon. But, not him. He has overcome. 

2. The Pats are toast: As with the Italian mafia in 1990’s NYC, their empire has crumbled progressively, and not from the top like some Kevin Costner “Untouchables” sh*t, but from a rapid degradation of underbosses whose influence was cut out from beneath them by Giuliani. Such as it is with Gronkowski and Hansen And Edelman—Caucasian skill players who have returned to the mean athletically and no longer receive the protection of referees in this new, woke, era of egalitarian refereeing. Now, literally everyone gets flags, as Abraham Lincoln intended, and the massive advantage once enjoyed by Belichick and Mike Krysgdjdushsh at Duke is no more, and the league is better for it. The Pats are a criminal enterprise and will disappear into the muck historically, like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens and Spiro Agnew. Forthcoming, we’ll enjoy headlines about Brady “choosing” to retire to spite Belichick, or maybe Belichick dumps Brady on the Raiders to amuse his sadistic little mind. Regardless, its all downhill for Brady from here because his psyche is a 1000% dependent upon pleasing his creepy dad vis a vis football trophies and, with that stripped away, will find himself empty and aimless, and haha! SUPER DEPRESSED, which will cause him to very publicly bone a mid-grade celebutante (a Kardashian?) to nuke his marriage, which he knows is a fraud. Haha! And then Belichick will go coach Rutgers to three NCAA titles but whatev.

3. Tannenbaum has Tannenbaumed the Dolphins. DOA QB, DOA cap, DOA coach. It’s a rebuild fo sho in MIA. Go, Baumer! 

4. The otherwise smart boys at the Bills just went Full Jamarcus with Josh Allen and will not recover. Allen is an awful, awful passer (as was predicted) and the things that are wrong with him cannot and will not be fixed (I.e. he’s stupid). This carved out a nice 4-year window for the Jets to not worry as much about the annual split with the Bills. 

5. There are enough resources to recover from Maccagnan’s MANY mistakes. Darnold can help them recover from the crippling mistake of drafting Jamal Adams. Cap space can help them recover from Leonard Williams. Avery Williamson can answer for Darron Lee, and Robbie Anderson can help them recover from Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen. There are pieces here, including guys like Henry Anderson and Kelvin Beachum And even a part-time Enunwa. SURE, it’d be great to pitch Maccagnan to the waves, but even if they don’t, he’s been so structurally kneecapped that the New Head Coach is going to have license to throw him over the pommel horse on any big decision anyway. Is that enough to attract a big coach? No. Maccagnan needs to be fired. But, even if he hangs on, he’s little more than an ugly hood ornament on a fresh, New Hyundai. 

Was that me or is T0m being, dare I say it "positive".! 

what's in the eggnog you're drinking? you weren't more excited those 7 or so times the Jets made the playoffs? especially when Rex was the team promoter that talked up every game. 

you can't even say that this year brings more optimism with Darnold because we were all just as optimistic about Sanchez. and Sanchez had the best Oline and Defense so the sky was the limit.

Even the chad Pennington era was more exciting because at least when he stepped in he already had a decent team around him. Darnold has Herndon and on defense Adams, and then... that's about it

With Johnson and Johnson at the helm, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Bowles and Mac are here again next year.

Just put it down, before you puke all over yourself.

—If it came from the Jets side, it shows that someone on the Jets isn’t waiting around to hire some bullsh*t consultant firm to stick them with some garbage candidate who requires an executive search firm to uncover. Going for Harbaugh is big balls YOLO sh*t that, even if unsuccessful, makes it look like you’re ready to spend some money and divest some control, which have always been two HUGE Johnson brothers knocks. 
—If it came from the Harbaugh side, whereby he’d be looking to leech some more cash from Michigan’s blueblood douchebag boosters, it’s still a great service to the Jets as it accomplishes the same goals as mentioned above. 
and because of #33. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

37 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

what's in the eggnog you're drinking? you weren't more excited those 7 or so times the Jets made the playoffs? especially when Rex was the team promoter that talked up every game. 

you can't even say that this year brings more optimism with Darnold because we were all just as optimistic about Sanchez. and Sanchez had the best Oline and Defense so the sky was the limit.

Even the chad Pennington era was more exciting because at least when he stepped in he already had a decent team around him. Darnold has Herndon and on defense Adams, and then... that's about it

With Johnson and Johnson at the helm, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Bowles and Mac are here again next year.

I was at a wedding on Long Island years ago, in Smithtown, and there was this hideous ginger dude grinding super hard on what is probably the hottest Latina woman I’ve ever seen. Hotter than JLo or Penelope Cruz or Eva Mendes or whoever, for real. Like if Marilyn Monroe and Antonio Banderas had a daughter, this would be that woman. And I asked one of these dudes at my table how this creepy albino-ass ginger-ass f*ck with no eyebrows got this insanely hot chick to be with him at this wedding, and the dude goes, “He brought a zip of coke.” And my thirst for knowledge was slaked. Guess what happened to Orange Popsicle Face once they ran out of coke an hour into the reception? That was Rex and Pennington. Fake, temporary bullsh*t with zero chance of success. So shove your Rex and Penny takes straight up your newb ass and throw yourself in front of one of those Santa Express trains in the mall, you pokey f*ck before you get a TKO in your stocking, clownshoes.

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was at a wedding on Long Island years ago, in Smithtown, and there was this hideous ginger dude grinding super hard on what is probably the hottest Latina woman I’ve ever seen. Hotter than JLo or Penelope Cruz or Eva Mendes or whoever, for real. Like if Marilyn Monroe and Antonio Banderas had a daughter, this would be that woman. And I asked one of these dudes at my table how this creepy albino-ass ginger-ass f*ck with no eyebrows got this insanely hot chick to be with him at this wedding, and the dude goes, “He brought a zip of coke.” And my thirst for knowledge was slaked. Guess what happened to Orange Popsicle Face once they ran out of coke an hour into the reception? That was Rex and Pennington. Fake, temporary bullsh*t with zero chance of success. So shove your Rex and Penny takes straight up your newb ass and throw yourself in front of one of those Santa Express trains in the mall, you pokey f*ck before you get a TKO in your stocking, clownshoes.

Now that's a smack-down that would make @Integrity28 hard.

3 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

False - many of us knew Sanchez sucked and simply hoped he’d stop sucking.  Darnold likely wins the Super Bowl in at least one of 2010/2011.  Sanchez was horrid.

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

@T0mShane

I buttfumbled you because I’m a fan of Scrooge on Christmas. I do agree with and like your post though so don’t take it personally.

I hope Santa gets you that signed Jamal Adams jersey that you’ve been waiting for and that statue of Rex Ryan that you’ve always wanted to remind you of his greatness. 

One time I had to put my Corolla in for a warranty inspection and Victor Green was signing autographs in the lobby of the dealership. I imagine I can just wait five years and get Jamal’s siggy that way, or cough up the two grand it’d take to have him appear at my non-existent Jewish child’s bar mitzvah.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One time I had to put my Corolla in for a warranty inspection and Victor Green was signing autographs in the lobby of the dealership. I imagine I can just wait five years and get Jamal’s siggy that way, or cough up the two grand it’d take to have him appear at my non-existent Jewish child’s bar mitzvah.

That’s great!

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Lol. Merry Christmas, my friend.

This post is all kinds of wrong.

Yes, the Rex/Sanchez 2-year run was an incredible ride. But we were young and stupid then. We’re wiser now. We recognize it’s a marathon that builds a franchise and franchise QB, not a sprint.

And even during that run, most of us knew Sanchez kinda sucked, but hoped he’d get better. Darnold is much better right off the bat. He’s completed over 60 % of his throws, and even a lot of his mistakes have legitimately either not been his fault OR him taking necessary chances (like at the end of a half).

The Pennington 2002 season was special as well, yes, but the Raider playoff game exposed both he and Herm Edwards for what they were and would always be.

So yes, it’s accurate to say Darnold gives us far more optimism than those eras. Because Darnold is 21, has a tremendous pedigree, and has had some very special moments this year that go beyond the typical flash-in-the-pan QBs.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

where have you been?  All is right with the world again.

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, I’m not seeing it, T0m. Himbuggery implied.

To be clear, this was one of the most unpleasant, boring, and aesthetically gross Jets seasons ever. The players are boring or flat out suck, the free agents we signed are straight-up mercenaries that nobody else wanted, and the coordinators are career dead-enders. We couldn’t even root for the tank because we already drafted Darnold, and there was no fun to be had in watching the HC dig his own grave because Todd—even though he stinks—seems like a nice guy overall. Even from a sado-masochist position, there wasn’t much to chew on this season. My point was that, despite all that and despite the Jets being a predictable dumpster fire, Darnold has transcended all of it without a scratch on him, like Forrest Gump running out of the napalm carrying Lieutenant Dan. In this scenario we are all Lieutenant Dan. 

"2. The Pats are toast: As with the Italian mafia in 1990’s NYC, their empire has crumbled progressively, and not from the top like some Kevin Costner “Untouchables” sh*t, but from a rapid degradation of underbosses whose influence was cut out from beneath them by Giuliani. Such as it is with Gronkowski and Hansen And Edelman—Caucasian skill players who have returned to the mean athletically and no longer receive the protection of referees in this new, woke, era of egalitarian refereeing. Now, literally everyone gets flags, as Abraham Lincoln intended, and the massive advantage once enjoyed by Belichick and Mike Krysgdjdushsh at Duke is no more, and the league is better for it. The Pats are a criminal enterprise and will disappear into the muck historically, like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens and Spiro Agnew. Forthcoming, we’ll enjoy headlines about Brady “choosing” to retire to spite Belichick, or maybe Belichick dumps Brady on the Raiders to amuse his sadistic little mind. Regardless, its all downhill for Brady from here because his psyche is a 1000% dependent upon pleasing his creepy dad vis a vis football trophies and, with that stripped away, will find himself empty and aimless, and haha! SUPER DEPRESSED, which will cause him to very publicly bone a mid-grade celebutante (a Kardashian?) to nuke his marriage, which he knows is a fraud. Haha! And then Belichick will go coach Rutgers to three NCAA titles but whatev."

Brady is getting hit way more this season that ever. He is not getting younger. He has a super model wife, and more money than God, and he can get a silly job trading banter with Boomer or Howie or whomever or pitching Gatorade in less 5 minutes. Really, Troy Aikman cannot put a coherent sentence together; Brady could have his job tomorrow. Don't see how this works for him long term no matter how much BS he Pats spew about him wanting to play forever. Only takes a hit or 2 to make retired life way less fun. Don't care what new age crap his quasi doctor quack is selling, Brady knows better than anyone you're one Theissmann/Alex Smith hit from a lifetime of serious daily pain. At 42 in 2019, it's not even rolling the dice, it's running through a thunderstorm in a Tim Man costume. 

And Bellichick is still pissed the decision to dump Garapolo was made without his input. When Brady goes, there is no clear QB. 

Does not prevent the Jets from Jetsing but future does begin to look bright if you get a coach who thinks the forward pass is an acceptable means of matriculating the ball down the field. Still have no confidence the Johnsons can screw this up. Only takes one defensive coach to babble about some nonsense about toughness before the Ambassador gets weak in the knees, so we'll see if this time is really any different. 

Archived