Schefter: Jets Finalizing deal for Gregg Williams

k-met57

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

This has already turned into standard Jets horror show stuff. Given personality and career trajectory this is a guy who will never not no way not no how allow himself to be the one without a chair when the music stops and he's still doing everything he can not to sit in this one.

Because Williams for all we know just wanted to hear what the skins were offering.  F'n morons.  Should have forced him to stay away from Washington

Just now, dbatesman said:

Pretty cool that we chose a DC before an HC. Maccagnan and Johnson ahead of the game once again baby

I love that they did this. If you don't  want Greg Williams as your DC, you have to be unqualified.  Someone posted in 7 of the last 10 years his D was ranked in the top 10. 

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Pretty cool that we chose a DC before an HC. Maccagnan and Johnson ahead of the game once again baby

That's the biggest issue I have with the current regime. It's not one coherent vision. It's a patchwork mismash of guys brought in with nobody clearly in charge -- except the absentee owners brother who doesn't seem to have any clue what he's doing.

It's so bizarre that Mac seems to have so much influence despite 1) doing a terrible job and 2) not actually having control over these guys.

That said, I like the Williams hire. It's more how we got there that concerns me.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

In all seriousness, wtf is the Johnson family rationale here? Just a power/insecurity thing? Everything the Jets do comes off as amateur.

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I honestly know like 3 things about Rhule, but I now know this: He's going to have a fantastic career, and it will be because the Jets blew it with him because they insisted he hire Gregg Williams. Most likely with the Patriots.

Archived