*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

As I get over my frustration about not trading down, I can’t knock Mac for taking Williams. He’s a special player. This from a Jets fan who watched Jets GMs not take the BPA over and over again for decades and give us gems like Roger Vick and Kyle Brady. 

Maybe they just didn’t get a good enough offer to trade down. Maybe Rosen going on the market was the reason.

Nonetheless, really worried about OL. 

I agree. If Allen was so good, then why didn’t the Raiders and Bucs pick him?

now we need a center some way, some how.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

The thing is .... were there really trade offers?

if we find out for a fact he was offered a few tidbits and rejected them then honestly most of you f’ers are hypocrites.

ive been saying all along this is a weak ass draft and the chart doesnt apply.

i can see him being offered a 2nd rounder to swap 1st with a team in the early teens but being scared because the stupid chart doesnt agree, even if wed be better with a mid 1st and a 2nd.

he was scared n took the safe route like most of you slackjawed yokels because he wasnt getting the “fantasy” haul that some of you dreamers were talking bout like  a 1, 2, 4 and next years 1.

gimme a break

This. We weren’t getting anything of value for 3. So next move is take best player in the draft. It’s a no brainer. Mac made the right move 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jack48 said:

are these really Jets fans?  they cannot be happy with the consensus best player in the draft?  Christmas mornings must be rough in their homes.

We have 3 different 3-4 defensive ends.

Leo going to play OLB like Sheldon?  Or did you just draft a 3-4 NT #3 over all?

• Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Leo, McClendon, Henry Anderson and Quinnen... how does this work?

4-2-5 nickel as the base package.  Williamson and Mosley as the linebackers.  Adams and Poole in run-support and edge pressure.  Maye as the single high safety, Tru and Roberts on the outsides.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, Leo, McClendon, Henry Anderson and Quinnen... how does this work?

The Commish announced Quinnen as a Nose Tackle, which is probably how the Jets listed him on the card. He plays in the middle between Leo and Anderson, IMO, with McClendon as his caddy and mentor.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

At this point, you have to eat the loss on Darron Lee and Leo, and just get what you can for them. The WR and OL talent through R2 are too good to just sit and watch others pick from.

Spot on. This why I wanted that 2nd so badly and why I am so pissed that they picked Q. No reflection him but they needed that 2nd.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, mrcoops said:

The Commish announced Quinnen as a Nose Tackle, which is probably how the Jets listed him on the card. He plays in the middle between Leo and Anderson, IMO, with McClendon as his caddy and mentor.

you dont take a nose tackle with the 3rd overall pick 

Just now, Mackman55 said:

This is truly another low point in my 50+ years as a Jets fan. A pick that makes no sense on SO many levels.... I thought things would be different this year but I was wrong. I can't believe we didn't trade down.

Once again it takes TWO teams to trade.  It’s not like A video game or something.  Most likely nobody offered anything good

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6th on leo

21st of lee

6th on jamal adams

3rd on williams.

This team should be the 85 bears.

This tool of a gm had no outside pass rusher, no quality O tackle, no offensive weapon WR/TE and no #1 CB the day he walked into the building and after 5 drafts he still has none of those.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1