Leonard Williams drawing interest from other teams per Schefter

37 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You guys are ridiculous if you think a team is giving up a 2nd round pick for this scrub. I’d gladly eat crow. 

Did it taste good after everyone said Richardson would never bring back a 2 and a WR,  Were as sure as you are about the younger, Leo?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Did it taste good after everyone said Richardson would never bring back a 2, were as sure as you are about the younger, Leo?

I still can’t believe we got a 2nd for Sheldon. Look at the Steelers this year trading a top 10 draft pick for Minkah. They already knew Big Ben was done for be year. There’s always a sucker out there. I just hope we have a shrewd/active GM. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I still can’t believe we got a 2nd for Sheldon. Look at the Steelers this year trading a top 10 draft pick for Minkah. They already knew Big Ben was done for be year. There’s always a sucker out there. I just hope we have a shrewd/active GM. 

Exactly.  

Leo still gets pretty good to good press.  I could see a team thinking a change of scenery or a change in scheme, linemates etc would unlock what he was thought to be

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Big fan of this new strategy of drafting players with high picks and then unloading them for mid to late rounders. Really brilliant stuff here. You look at the consistently successful franchises in the NFL and this is something they all clearly engage in. 

I understand your point but we are just cutting our losses because UNLIKE successful franchises, we don’t draft well with top picks at all. That’s the glaring issue. Not unloading jags for mid to late rounders. We have fix the source of the problem which is TERRIBLE drafting. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Big fan of this new strategy of drafting players with high picks and then unloading them for mid to late rounders. Really brilliant stuff here. You look at the consistently successful franchises in the NFL and this is something they all clearly engage in. 

You're a Jets fan.  This is not new nor brilliant but you knew that already.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are we really keeping Bell beyond next year?  I'd much rather trade him and draft a young player.  I'm still of the opinion that if you draft a good OL, you can plug in a RB and he'll be fine.

If hes the Bell whos a top of the NFL back? 

To play with Sam?

Ugh, yes, we would

Because the opinion that you can just plug and play any RB with a good OL has been proven wrong time and time again?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If hes the Bell whos a top of the NFL back? 

To play with Sam?

Ugh, yes, we would

Because the opinion that you can just plug and play any RB with a good OL has been proven wrong time and time again?

Didn't the Steelers' backup RB do very well last year?  Connor I think was his name.

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://thejetpress.com/2019/10/13/new-york-jets-leonard-williams-bidding/

Per Adam Schefter, the price for Williams would be in a similar range or even higher than other deals we’ve seen in the last two years for other defenders.

For example, the Houston Texans traded former No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney to the Seattle Seahawks for a third-round draft choice, Barkevious Mingo and Jacob Martin.

The other example from 2018 was the Jacksonville Jaguars sent pass rusher Dante Fowler Jr. to the Los Angeles Rams for third and fifth-round draft picks.

Schefter is reporting that the Jets can get at least that and probably even more stemming from a possible bidding war.

Not sure who this Schefter is but JN intelligentsia has told me that we should take a 4th and run.

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Why would you take anything less when they can get a 3rd round comp pick for letting him walk. 

Because we have to turn over a lot of the roster, meaning we might be buyers in free agency.  That would negate the 3rd round compensatory pick we MIGHT get in 2021.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, slats said:

That's no guarantee. And at best, it would be something like the last pick in the third round in 2021 vs. a higher third round pick in 2020. A third would definitely be on the table. 

I don't think so..  but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

40 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What do you suggest they do with him?  Re-sign?

42 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Joe Douglas didn't draft Leonard Williams.  I'd like to fire Macc again if we could.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Did it taste good after everyone said Richardson would never bring back a 2 and a WR,  Were as sure as you are about the younger, Leo?

At least Richardson flashed before. Leo is GARBAGE! A team will be idiotic to give up a 2nd for him. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are not getting any comp picks most likely so forget that.  If we are dumping price vets and adding to the cap so we can spend we will not get comp picks unless the team carries over a lot of cap space.

This is a good point. Have to figure Joe Douglas will be more of a buyer than seller in next year's free agent market. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

This is a good point. Have to figure Joe Douglas will be more of a buyer than seller in next year's free agent market. 

Get rid of the fat now, get ducks in a row and build his team. I am looking forward to what he will do we have been waiting for a long time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't fall into the trap of loss aversion. We don't want to compound our mistake by trying to remediate it when it can't be.