My Official Prediction - Jets to the playoffs (win division)

12 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

@Maxman making @SAR I look like a Debbie Downer here...

It's nice to see other Jets fans give credit to a successful rebuild and the promise of a bright future.

The division is ours to take.  Sweeping the Bills is all that's necessary.  We did it last year.  And this year's team will be much better.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

I think we have a similar talent lvl to last year.. sorta a sidegrade.

couple things working for us:

Last year we had bad injury luck, and the starting QB loss straight up lost us three games that could perhaps have been competitive.There is more continuity this year, so people will be more familiar with the O and D.  NE is no longer a guaranteed two loss on our schedule.

The things working against us:  Hard schedule, big turnover on the Oline which will take some time to gel.   Miami and Buffalo made serious upgrades to their rosters.

Overall, I think we improve by one or two games but just miss the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I can see 10-6, but i wouldn't bet on it. Assuming the divisional games play out the way we expect.

The home games are very winnable. No excuses.

Its tough to predict because we don't know how good or bad the bills, patriots or dolphins will be. Pats look weak with stidham at QB, but a mediocre QB can still win you 8 games. Dolphins with tua might be better than we think. Bills have over-achieved a bit, but they have a decent roster.

• Upvote 1

Like Parcells said, everything starts with the division. Come out of the gate with a win over the good but overrated Bills & then come home & shut down the 49ers run game & attack Garapolo in what is an East Coast 10:00AM game for them. 

2-0, baby! 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

If Darnold plays like a top 10 QB, why not? Our defense is above average. Special teams is above average. If Darnold lights it up, we’re taking the East.

It would be a massive leap for Darnold to all of a sudden be a top ten QB. He should probably try to be a top 20 QB first. Harder still is playing in a bottom barrel offense with many question marks at skills positions and on the line. 

Defense was above average last year, but the secondary is still a question mark and where is the pass rush going to come from? Special teams is a rookie punter and average kickers. 

This team on paper is improved from last season, it would be hard not to be. That said, the schedule is more difficult and the road games are brutal. They’d be hard pressed to match last years record. 

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am always accused of making big predictions because I am generally optimistic about the team.

Is it really an accusation if it's true? ?

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

TLDR Version:

Jets Make the Playoffs in 2020-21

Jets Win the Division in 2020-21

Jets Finish 12-4 in 2020-21

I cannot help but admire your endless optimism old friend.  ?

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am always accused of making big predictions because I am generally optimistic about the team. Yet I haven't made a big statement about this team in a long time. A few years ago I predicted a good start and it happened even in a bad year. But I haven't made a big prediction in a very long time.

So I will leave you with two. I started this thread so it is easy to find. Except the haters won't be looking for it. Not after the come true. I will bump this next year to remind you all how right I was. Assuming you survive the zombie attack later this year I would like you to come back and tell me I was right. That is all. 

I think the Jets have a chance to win the division, but mostly because I think 10-6 will likely do it. 

I don't see any of the 4 teams winning 11 or more games.  

they claim it's a tough schedule but i don't see it that way.  there are too many variables during the season that make it very difficult for teams to carry over success year over year.  looking at the jets schedule, i can see them losing 4 teams; kc, sf, la rams and seahawks.  the rest of the teams aren't that scary and even sf and la aren't. i think the key is for them to not have any extended losing streaks.  2 in a row can be tolerated if it gets to 3 it'll be that much easier to get to 4 and beyond.