Joe Douglas

riggy001

Lets face it, he gets an extraordinary amount of love on this site, for having done very little. His 1st draft to date was average at best, and his free agency performance stunk, failed to really improve the offensive line, brought in zero pass rush, and lost our best wr in free agency. He now has 100 mill in cap space, lots of draft capital including 2 number 1’s,  and the opportunity to hand pick his own coach. In short, any solid gm, with this amt of opportunity, would be able to dramatically improve this team. He is now on the clock, lets see some real good decisions, and more importantly, lets see it on the field.

• Upvote 10
  • Thumb Down 8
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

Lets face it, he gets an extraordinary amount of love on this site, for having done very little. His 1st draft to date was average at best, and his free agency performance stunk, failed to really improve the offensive line, brought in zero pass rush, and lost our best wr in free agency. He now has 100 mill in cap space, lots of draft capital including 2 number 1’s,  and the opportunity to hand pick his own coach. In short, any solid gm, with this amt of opportunity, would be able to dramatically improve this team. He is now on the clock, lets see some real good decisions, and more importantly, lets see it on the field.

Delete

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, riggy001 said:

LOL You should give him a little credit for getting this team into a position where they have lots of draft capitol and lots of cap space. He only has an opportunity to hand-pick a coach because he inherited a coach who deserved to get fired. I mean are you listening to yourself? Gimme a break.  

• Upvote 1

JD's got a tough road ahead.

Top Free Agents not only don't want to play here, but they actually mock us, like Le'Veon sh*thead did.  

Top coaches don't want to come here either because of bad and cheap ownership, so he's limited their too.

It's a tough situation to overcome.  JD has to be almost perfect in the draft.  It's tough.

I know this is the age of social media and InstaFace, but we don’t need to critically judge everyone in a perpetual state. He has done a fine job and will hopefully continue to stabilize the franchise. I think the main contribution to date has been strong leadership. Showing Adams the door sent a clear message that he was in charge. We need that for this organization that continues to suffer from the past two weak GM’s. JD may not have made any huge splashes thus far, but I believe he is setting us on the right course for success. While it may not be exciting, it is a exactly what was needed.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

For the record I been a critic of JD since he screwed up the kicker situation on week 1 of the 2019 season and flushed 10 mil down the drain on a washed up Center.

This forum would of supported anyone not named Mac. 

Listen I want JD to shut mE up this off-season and get it right. It’s totally his team now, excuses are up 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, riggy001 said:

failed to really improve the offensive line,

This false assessment pretty much cripples your main thesis. He MARKEDLY IMPROVED the OL. He didn't make it into an all-pro OL, but it definitely improved significantly, both in opening holes on the ground and in pass protection.

Room for improvement? No doubt. But it went from worst in football to competitive. That's a significant improvement.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, riggy001 said:

This is dumb and classic Monday morning QB. This team was so f*cked up when he got here and everyone with a normal size brain knew it would multiple years to unf*ck this roster.

In regards to his draft, I think everyone more than anything else was excited to get a draft that was better than sh*t like Mac always got us? However, it still remains to be seen how good this draft truly is.

JD attempted fix to the OL was done knowing that he'd be shopping with limited money. Sometimes you get what you pay for. So my suggestion is to get over it.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, hamat711 said:

The Jets only have so much cap space and draft capital because they suck. Any GM could do the same thing. Getting rid of talent doesn't make you a good GM. It's what you do with those resources. So far he hasn't done much with opportunities he was given.

Just look at what Joe Douglas has done.

DRAFT

Becton - Good, but Wirfs has been better and he was available.

Mims - The 12th best WR in his draft class so far. He is decent but nothing special.

Ashtyn - Below average, and he was the Leonard Williams pick. Leonard Williams is playing at an elite level right now.

Zuniga - Who?

Perine - Looks like a backup RB

Clark - Who?

Mann - Struggled after good start

Hall - He was good for the Jets, but far below league average. 

KEY FREE AGENCTS

Perriman - As every non-homer predicted, decent depth, but not a good starter.

Wilson - Not even on the team anymore

Desir - Also not on the team

Onwuasor - Who?

Fant - Overpaid

Mcgovern - Underperformed

Lewis - JAG

Roten - Mixed Bag.

Gore - Low Ceiling, low Floor

Adam Gase couldn't get his sh*t straight until week 14, end of story.

Buncha cheap guys on one year deals, boatload of cap room, trading off disgruntled star for significant draft capital. If that doesn't spell rebuild to ya', I don't know what to say. 

I didn't expect a great year, but certainly not the atrocity in spotlight white we were "entertained" with. A lot of the o-line moves looked(s) shaky. This HC hire is going to define him. 

Jesus the guy just started....

his first draft was ok, not terrible. 

we needed o Line help and thats who he took....Becton is great. Wirfs is also great but so what. We didnt take a safety this time

mims will be great once we get another great receiver To tandem up

the rest need time..,,

joe did NOT demand gase stay. Im sure he helped fire gase

free agents also have free will..,,you pick up what you can.

we will be way better Equipped to judge one year from now. If he sticks with darnold hes an idiot. We need either taylor, fields, watson via trade or trade down a bit and get that dark horse qb From like the carolinas with no ints.

patience

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Adam Gase couldn't get his sh*t straight until week 14, end of story.

Adam Gase isn't good, but he has never had a team this bad. Douglas deserves some of the blame for how the season went.

I didn't even bring up the moves he could have made, that GMs are known for. Douglas did not acquire 1 player that played above expectations in free agency. That is a major red flag in his talent evaluation.  

3 hours ago, Drums said:

We don’t need to be so polarizing. He has made some good moves and some that did not work out. The main thing is, can he learn from his mistakes? He is the most qualified GM we have had in a long time so I sure as hell hope so. I for one am willing to give him more than one complete offseason to see what he can do, and as you said, a GM can’t really ask for a better opportunity than the one he has this offseason. 

I keep hearing how qualified he is. That’s great. But results matter. Whether he has a master plan or not I don’t know. But right now I’m staring at 7-9 and 2-14. Now time for results. I think that’s all the op is saying. And we as fans should hold a high standard 

4 hours ago, riggy001 said:

Do you honestly think being in this situation is "done very little"? This is by design cuzo, AKA genius roster/organizational management. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hamat711 said:

The Jets only have so much cap space and draft capital because they suck. Any GM could do the same thing. Getting rid of talent doesn't make you a good GM. It's what you do with those resources. So far he hasn't done much with opportunities he was given.

Just look at what Joe Douglas has done.

DRAFT

Becton - Good, but Wirfs has been better and he was available.

Mims - The 12th best WR in his draft class so far. He is decent but nothing special.

Ashtyn - Below average, and he was the Leonard Williams pick. Leonard Williams is playing at an elite level right now.

Zuniga - Who?

Perine - Looks like a backup RB

Clark - Who?

Mann - Struggled after good start

Hall - He was good for the Jets, but far below league average. 

KEY FREE AGENCTS

Perriman - As every non-homer predicted, decent depth, but not a good starter.

Wilson - Not even on the team anymore

Desir - Also not on the team

Onwuasor - Who?

Fant - Overpaid

Mcgovern - Underperformed

Lewis - JAG

Roten - Mixed Bag.

Gore - Low Ceiling, low Floor

LOL at this post. Becton was the best rookie LT this season, yes, even after Wrifs. Wrifs mostly played at RT, btw. And he has Tom Brady as his QB. Becton has been better, period. 

Writing off Mims after an injured rookie season? Mims was actually among the best rookie WR's, all things considered. Maybe not a WR1, but at least a WR2.

Mann cooled off, but he started the season well. Let's see what happens. 

Hall was good. A steal in the 6th round. 

Perine looks to be another Powell, potentially, which is not bad.

Zuniga needs more time. Same with Ashytn Davis and Cameron Clark.

Fant and Mcgovern picked it up as the season progressed. Same with Von Roten. These free agents were never meant to be long-term mainstays necessarily. Most were depth.