So who are we targeting at 23?

I really like the idea of moving up from 23 to the mid teens to take one of the elite playmakers who may still be available (Kyle Pitts, Devonta Smith).  If we could use Darnold to accomplish the trade-up, even better.

Fields at 2, Pitts in a trade up, and Najee Harris at 34 completely transforms this offense in one offseason and that is without any free agent signings at WR and the offensive line.  

• Upvote 2

Personally, I dont know enough about the prospects projected for that part of the draft to know have a strong opinion on a specific player for that other 1st rd pick. There are positions that I would like filled more than others but more than anything what I want is a talent that won't be available with our early 2nd rd pick. Regardless of what position it is, I hope the player is selected because he is a first round talent that wont be available later in the draft. Instead of trying to force specific positions of need into specific draft picks.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm quite confident that Pitts will not be there.  He's far more likely to be taken in the top 10 than he is to fall to the 20s.

Yup. Chase is likely going top 5-10 as of now. Pitts top 10-15. Davonta Smith could have maybe fallen to 23, but after winning the Heisman trophy, probably not now.

Waddle could be there, though.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

See, I'd much rather just take the QB at 2 and then use 23 to get an impact player at WR, IOL, edge or Corner. 

Why when you can get that same impact player at 2 and the QB elsewhere, if you take a QB Darnold is gone so use him to move up.

30 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Why when you can get that same impact player at 2 and the QB elsewhere, if you take a QB Darnold is gone so use him to move up.

Don't want to move up. 

I'm good trading Darnold for more picks. 

If I'm taking a QB, I want my pick of the litter outside of Lawrence. 

I think it's a trade down spot.  

I don't think we will target a WR there, because I think we will make a play for a WR in free agency.  Therefore, I don't think Douglas will go with Free Agent WR, Mims, and Crowder, then pick up a first round WR as the possible 4th guy, while there are numerous holes on the team.  

I think the second first round pick is a trade down spot, or picking up an OT/IOL that may fall like Davis.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

Asante Samuel Jr maybe falls to 23?

edit: shouldn’t necessarily say “falls” he’s projected to go late 20s 

Aren't there about 6-8 CB's that could realistically go in the first two rounds?  I don't know if 23 is necessarily the spot we need to pull the trigger.