Justin Fields Pro Day 3/30 (for those still holding on)

2 minutes ago, RogerVick1980 said:

I get  the point.. I don’t agree with it..

I understand you don’t like him because he’s down on Fields but give the man credit he’s been right on Qb’s more  then most.

nope... lol lots of people are down on fields. I'm down on Simms here because his ego starting writing bad cheques... K. Mond?.. cmon... look you disagree, that's fine. Your shack to live in. I think it's painfully obvious that McDermott + Daboll deserve a ton of credit for who Allen is today... he would be in shambles in NY if we took him. Baker was already falling apart at the seams under Freddy Kitchen and company - And Lamar benefitted from a team with Greg Roman who was willing to commit to scheming around Lamar's strengths. 

But by all means. Take Chris' word as gospel. Have fun.... I like a lot of things he has to say but he's gotten a little carried away this cycle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

17 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I watched every throw of wilson and fields. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times fields turned his head to look at the 2nd option all season. That's an interesting explanation, not sure I buy it but maybe he's right. Only way to find out is to look at all 22 tape and see what happens on each play, especially ones where he bails from the pocket

Complete BS . He did at least a handful of times in the Clemson game alone. 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

nope... lol lots of people are down on fields. I'm down on Simms here because his ego starting writing bad cheques... K. Mond?.. cmon... look you disagree, that's fine. Your shack to live in. I think it's painfully obvious that McDermott + Daboll deserve a ton of credit for who Allen is today... he would be in shambles in NY if we took him. Baker was already falling apart at the seams under Freddy Kitchen and company - And Lamar benefitted from a team with Greg Roman who was willing to commit to scheming around Lamar's strengths. 

But by all means. Take Chris' word as gospel. Have fun.... I like a lot of things he has to say but he's gotten a little carried away this cycle. 

I don’t agree with everything he says..I don’t agree on Mond...I just think he has a better track record then a lot of these guys..

What I like best is he goes in with a clean slate he doesn’t look at the consensus of the lists like most of these guys do.. he goes in with no bias..

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

yes, i've come to accept what he brings to the table what why our OC might like him. There's no point in be obtuse for obtuse sake. 

When your HC is a defensive guy you can’t draft your QB based on the current OC IMO sometimes they are revolving doors.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

When your HC is a defensive guy you can’t draft your QB based on the current OC IMO sometimes they are revolving doors.

True. If Mike LaFleur gets above average offensive production he will be the “hot” new HC candidate And especially if it is sticking with and getting production out of Darnold. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

You’re being a c*nt when being a c*nt isn’t necessary. Save it for Sundays this fall. 

1 hour ago, Tranquilo said:

**** you you sensitive twat.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Arent twats, by nature, sensitive?  

Rather not have that talk here. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Fields ih s definitely better runner ... but Wilson is a much more polished passer.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

Fields has half as many reps as Wilson. There’s the possibility he can continue to improve as a passer like Josh Allen did for example. Wilson will never be the athlete that Fields is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

When the jets won a game was still happy with it because it meant Fields would be our future. Out of nowhere came the wilson hype train. I still don't get it and I somewhat chalk it up to a covid off-season.  A lot of great posts have already mentioned why I agree the pick should be fields. 

Fields as a young player will be able to score points with the added dimension of being a runner, extending plays, while developing as a thrower. Will be the best athlete on our offense. Will be a huge plus in 2 minute and 4 minute offenses when we have a lead.

Prepped for disappointment but still a sliver if hope its fields. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Watching Fields' pro day. Great athlete, great arm. Did seem to be less accurate than Wilson on crossing routes. Didn't seem to hit guys in stride as well as Wilson. Just my $.02

This, to me, is the legitimate criticism of Fields.  Not the completely debunked bullcrap about one-read.

He sometimes throw a little behind the receiver, forcing him to reach back for the ball.  Wilson does seem to lead them a little better.  I don't know if that's something that scouts see and are concerned with, or if there are reasons for it that aren't apparent to me or if it's fairly fixable at the next level.  But I do see that.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Also just to add the hype is real. I browse these boards often. All I read was jets need to keep losing for Trevor all season. Now there are fans on here stating wilson is better than Trevor. 

Exactly!  Its like all of a sudden everybody convinced themselves as soon as we got the 2nd pick that Zack Wilson became the best prospect.  Ask those same people if the Jets still had #1 would they select Wilson over Lawrence.  Select Sewell, Eitienne and a guard with our first 3 picks.

• Post of the Week 1

@RESNewYork
All I can say is watch the 49ers ——- players plus the third pick in this draft can make something happen.  The 49ers didn’t move up the board to “hope” that someone of value drops to them. That is not how Lynch has operated as GM; ever!

If something happens as I believe that it might folks could end up being shocked on these boards. 

8 hours ago, Morrissey said:

this is even more true in game tape

Vs. a bunch of Northwestern  kids more likely to be on their way to Wall Street or grad school, Fields looked absolutely flustered. If only NFL games were played in shorts and t-shirts without defenses, Fields would be The Man. 

I watched every throw of wilson and fields. I can count on 1 hand the amount of times fields turned his head to look at the 2nd option all season. That's an interesting explanation, not sure I buy it but maybe he's right. Only way to find out is to look at all 22 tape and see what happens on each play, especially ones where he bails from the pocket

That is patently false. I’m not going to post examples again, but the QB thread in the draft forum has numerous examples dispelling this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

When the jets won a game was still happy with it because it meant Fields would be our future. Out of nowhere came the wilson hype train. I still don't get it and I somewhat chalk it up to a covid off-season.  A lot of great posts have already mentioned why I agree the pick should be fields. 

Fields as a young player will be able to score points with the added dimension of being a runner, extending plays, while developing as a thrower. Will be the best athlete on our offense. Will be a huge plus in 2 minute and 4 minute offenses when we have a lead.

Prepped for disappointment but still a sliver if hope its fields. 

I love Fields, but Wilson more. Why? What does he do better (in my eyes)?

• Pinpoint accuracy / ball placement better

• Anticipates throws better

• Scans the field quicker 

• Seems to be more decisive of a thrower

• Quicker ball release

Both are great and better prospects to me and either would be drafted #1 in most drafts.

Wilson has his concerns too. I’m by no means saying hes a flawless prospect (even Lawrence has flaws). But, I just think his throwing accuracy at all levels of the field is uncanny good.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, maury77 said:

That is patently false. I’m not going to post examples again, but the QB thread in the draft forum has numerous examples dispelling this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the stuff people come up with around here is just mind numbing.  I’m not sure if that guy was just trolling people or he actually thinks that Justin looked off his first read only 5 times all season..Lol   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I love Fields, but Wilson more. Why? What does he do better (in my eyes)?

• Pinpoint accuracy / ball placement better

• Anticipates throws better

• Scans the field quicker 

• Seems to be more decisive of a thrower

• Quicker ball release

Both are great and better prospects to me and either would be drafted #1 in most drafts.

Wilson has his concerns too. I’m by no means saying hes a flawless prospect (even Lawrence has flaws). But, I just think his throwing accuracy at all levels of the field is uncanny good.

I think the reason those trades were made after Wilson’s measurements at his pro day, was b/c his physical stature was/is the main concern about him.  His tape is awesome.  Scouts came away content with his stature and the one remaining question is his medicals.  With fields, his physical stature and arm were never the questions.  

• Upvote 1