Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

The pressure continues to ramp up on JD. He's either got to make a move for a guy like DK or he has to hit several home runs in the draft. Trying really isn't good enough at this point. The Dolphins just took a leap directly over us, regardless of their QB situation

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Because it is.

+1, couldn't pay me to live in that area again.

It's interesting how much NY/NJ'ers over-rate NY as "THE place to be", especially in the NFL.  It's just not, for a dozen reasons.  Taxation.  Cost of Living.  Crime.  Traffic.  Aggressively Poop Sports Media.  Night Life and other distractions (not something we want Players doing ffs).  And a team (in the Jets) with a poop history for over 40 years and counting. 

NY may be the big spot for Baseball players to cash in (primarily because of the lack of a true salary cap), but it just isn't for the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Beautiful.  I refuse to believe the Jets made any serious offer.  Joe D was doing his due dilligence as always.

We are building this team perfectly.  No need to throw that off by making a silly trade for a guy like hill whos getting older, has a ton of mileage on him, is small and a troubled human being.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

Such a  troll

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Larz said:

Cap space did lead the team in scoring last year lol

Yea, and the Jets currently have 19 mil in cap space according to Over the Cap. They still need to sign their draft picks. Miami is going to have to cut down in a lot of other places to make up the space. That's gonna hurt them

Just now, BigRy56 said:

The pressure continues to ramp up on JD. He's either got to make a move for a guy like DK or he has to hit several home runs in the draft. Trying really isn't good enough at this point. The Dolphins just took a leap directly over us, regardless of their QB situation

The pressure is on Douglas because he completely boned the 2020 draft. 

• Upvote 2

I'm curious to see who MIA fits Armstead and Hill under their cap with only $3M of space left before those deals.  They're going to have to restructure and cut like crazy and won't have draft picks to replenish.  If Tua doesn't evolve (a la Josh Allen) they are going to be stuck in purgatory for years.  That's the hope anyway...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

If Joe Douglas loses Tyreek Hill to Miami then fire him right now

I'm not a Douglas fan but losing Hill to MIA would be a good thing. That's like losing him to limbo. Tua's rainbow balls would make Hill non-existint.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Now all you mooks can go distract yourselves from how sad you are we didn't land a domestic abuser and go back to screaming how much you hate Becton for being a fat, lazy, spoiled POS.

Seriously

There's no irony like jets fan irony.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So 1 level below that  is fine?

I'm not saying I lack a soul on this stuff either, mind you.  I didn't watch the Jets the year they signed Michael Vick.

I get you.  DUIs, as unbelievably stupid as they are, I’m willing to give some leniency on, as long as nobody else is hurt in the incident.  That being said, my mother was almost killed by a loaded driver, so that leniency is still very hard to earn from me.  That’s pretty much it for me.

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So 1 level/tier below that and you would support the player?

I'm not saying I lack a soul on this stuff either, mind you.  I didn't watch the Jets the year they signed Michael Vick.  I'm asking a genuine question because its an interesting discussion.

If Michael Vick was a player now and was on the Jets, would you watch them?

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Jets had an accepted offer - it was up to Hill. Hill chose Miami - probably b/c he pays 10% less in tax. Jets/JD did what they could - I'm good w/ it 

At 70 million guaranteed does the state tax even matter at that point? Miami is a better team and he’s from Florida. 

So now my attention turns to whether anyone in the league is intrigued enough by Jets willingness to offer premium picks for a top end WR to make a WR available they previously wouldn’t have.

Not saying 10 and 35 would be in play again, but is Seattle more willing to part with Metcalf now? Or Lockett?  What would Jerry Juedy cost?

• Upvote 1

Just now, DonCorleone said:

Not if he drives up the price for him insanely for Miami.

I don't know, price drive up or not... the Dolphins just took a leap over the Jets in terms of where they project in the East. The Dolphins did the right thing here

• Upvote 1