Tyreek Hill on the Block-Jets Involved. This is not a drill

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get you.  DUIs, as unbelievably stupid as they are, I’m willing to give some leniency on, as long as nobody else is hurt in the incident.  That being said, my mother was almost killed by a loaded driver, so that leniency is still very hard to earn from me.  That’s pretty much it for me.

There's even levels of DUI that come into the discussion.  On the worst end you have Henry Ruggs, who killed a woman with his sociopathic recklessness.

But most people who drive drunk tend to get in the right hand lane and drive real slow.  And by doing so, they get away with it hundreds of times in their lifetime, maybe never even getting caught or hurting anyone.  Certainly that suggests not all DUIs are the same, even if ALL of them are dangerous, illegal, ill-advised, morally wrong.  And with Uber/Lyft readily available, you can now add lazy to the list these days, too.

Just now, DonCorleone said:

Not if he drives up the price for him insanely for Miami.

And thisis exactly hat he did.  Beautiful strategy by Douglas.  And also gets the word around even more around the league that is is not going to overpay in any scenario.

Now, lets get back to the draft and continue the magnificent job Joe D has been doing in building this the right way through the draft.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

There's even levels of DUI that come into the discussion.  On the worst end you have Henry Ruggs, who killed a woman with his sociopathic recklessness.

But most people who drive drunk tend to get in the right hand lane and drive real slow.  Certainly that suggests not all DUIs are the same.  

Yup.  That’s why it’s still hard to convince me that you shouldn’t be cut and are worth rooting for.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Speaking of which.  Since when do players under contract suddenly get to dictate which team they are traded to?  I'm sure Jets offer was significantly better.

since he was a FA next year. there was no guarantee we resign him. so it would be really stupid for JD to trade for him if he could leave next year and give p 5 draft picks. and he would have left cause he didnt want to be here.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And thisis exactly hat he did.  Beautiful strategy by Douglas.  And also gets the word around even more around the league that is is not going to overpay in any scenario.

Now, lets get back to the draft and continue the magnificent job Joe D has been doing in building this the right way through the draft.

Just stop.  JD made an offer but Tyreek Hill chose Miami.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

I believe the highest tax bracket income tax for NJ is 9+% 

So on the $70mm - thats an additional $6.3mm 

So yes it matters 

I mean the brackets are outrageous but guys as rich as Hill are now…still declare residency in NY. I guess that’s changing though. 

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dude - the Dolphins accepted our trade offer. Hill chose Miami. Reported by Schefter. 

Are you just trolling or what?

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This a bad day for the Jets. Another team in the AFC East just got another game changer. Joe Douglas better have an amazing 2022 draft or we are on our way to another 0-6 vs the AFC East. 

I'm pretty sure we all know he won't have an amazing draft. He hasn't had one yet. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I had no idea NYC was so boring to kids in their 20's.  I had crazy times there at bars and clubs, let alone the million things to do everywhere.   Oh I get it, football players need south beach art deco architecture to feel like they are partying correctly in their 20's?  OR something?  Other than weather in winter Miami is a dump, like the rest of America's dick, Florida.

• Upvote 2