Browns game almost a Must Win for this team

kevinc855

38 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The good news is, if Flaccid gets another start, Myles Garrett will knock him out of the game before the 1st quarter is over.

Mike Lafleur needs to get his head out of his ass and bring back the creative play calling from last year.  Where the heck were the jet sweeps?  The across the field throwbacks?

Flaccid was awful yesterday but Lafleur was just as bad.

The only reason we didnt lose by 50 is because Ulbrich was brilliant yesterday.  He coached his ass off and had a heck of a game plan to contain Lamar.

Agreed, but it is very difficult to tailor this offense to Flacco who is a player/coach at best right now and at worst really a QB that should be retired and perhaps a assistant or full fledged QB coach. If you are going to play QB when you are pushing or over 40 you have to de decisive with your throws like you see from Brady, who was even struggling with accuracy last night compared to himself in former years. What has to occur next is that Flacco should have just the 1st half to show he can lead the O this week and if not go to White in the 2nd half to at least give the Jets a chance. 

Must win is a little strong for me but there certainly is a urgency with this game.

the defense which I thought played well must be consistent. No regression and a bit of improvement in the secondary.

offensively they have to game plan more effectively with flacco assuming he is starting.

if this is a close competative game and say they lose by a field goal while not the outcome we all want, at least gets us closer.

a repeat of yesterdays overall offense or a defense setback would be a very bad take for this cs.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Not a must win.  This is the NLF and it's tough to win games with 37 year old back-up QB's.

That's the way it is.  When Zach comes back this will be a different team.

I emphasized your point and the jury is still out on Zach.

He looked good last year what??? 3-4 games? 

Misses throws in the flat, etc.  But I hope.

49 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Must win is a little strong for me but there certainly is a urgency with this game.

the defense which I thought played well must be consistent. No regression and a bit of improvement in the secondary.

offensively they have to game plan more effectively with flacco assuming he is starting.

if this is a close competative game and say they lose by a field goal while not the outcome we all want, at least gets us closer.

a repeat of yesterdays overall offense or a defense setback would be a very bad take for this cs.

Why ??? This is not a playoff team.  Would I like to win? sure. But we are a 4-7 win team at best.  Week 2 is not a critical week...  none are actually.

the jets will be 0-6 my advice to you is just keep betting against them until vegas makes the spreads what they should be-yesterday was like taking candy from a baby-next week the jets will get eaten alive if flacco is the QB you can take that too the bank -once he is named starter run dont walk to your sports  book

chubb and hunt will eat our d alive-the ravens had no viable RB yesterday-next week Chubb will get 150+

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

They have a backup QB.  

and an OL that can block and most importantly a kicker that can actually hit his field goals and extra points. He hit 4 FGs including the game winning 58 (yes you read that correctly) yarder. While the Jets likely get killed anyway, possibly they go into half time with a feeling of chance had we hit on our very makable FG. Not to mention Baker is much better in handling the rush than I am a statue Flacco.

Edit: I personally thought the Jets were going to start 0-4 or 1-3 penciling this game as winnable. I don't think the O could score against my division III tech/geek school. Based on the way the Ravens and Cleveland played yesterday (as well as Pats) I would up the confidence on going 2-2 if Zack was playing and the OL showed up. Now, I am leaning to 0-4 for a start.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The NY Jets need to beat the Cleveland Browns. With the Super Bowl bengals on the schedule next, the Jets need to beat a Jocoby Brissett led team in the worst way. I dont want this season going sideways so early. 

Too late bro, it has already happened. They will be fortunate to be 1-2 by week 4. Likely will be 0-3. You guys think o-line round 1 in the draft??

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Remember at the beginning of last season when the defense looked ok and the offense looked horrible?

MF is a smart guys who understands football x and o.  I can't imagine he is the one who is pushing for Flacco.  

But in JD's next GM job, he will know not to take players who are either injury prone OR built like they will be injury prone.  Having to manage around the Becton and ZWilson injuries have destroyed this team.  

Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

26 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Why ??? This is not a playoff team.  Would I like to win? sure. But we are a 4-7 win team at best.  Week 2 is not a critical week...  none are actually.

I agree with you 100% - perhaps the way I phrased my response did not come across that way.

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The NY Jets need to beat the Cleveland Browns. With the Super Bowl bengals on the schedule next, the Jets need to beat a Jocoby Brissett led team in the worst way. I dont want this season going sideways so early. 

It's not a "must win" in the literal sense but it is a very important game for the current regime.  If we play listless and lose again, it will sap a lot of the goodwill from the offseason.

This team needs to show some fight and some promise. 

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The good news is, if Flaccid gets another start, Myles Garrett will knock him out of the game before the 1st quarter is over.

Mike Lafleur needs to get his head out of his ass and bring back the creative play calling from last year.  Where the heck were the jet sweeps?  The across the field throwbacks?

Flaccid was awful yesterday but Lafleur was just as bad.

The only reason we didnt lose by 50 is because Ulbrich was brilliant yesterday.  He coached his ass off and had a heck of a game plan to contain Lamar.

You know, you have made sone really lousy posts but this takes the cake. You are actually hoping our QB gets hurt. Class act. 

And Ulbrich sucks. Lawson, and Clemons were invisible and JJ was nearly invisible. He put Joyner out there who sucked and Whitehead was not much better. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You know, you have made sone really lousy posts but this takes the cake. You are actually hoping our QB gets hurt. Class act. 

Yeah, no kidding. And to think we're called Fake Jets Fans* for the sin of cut-and-pasting BYU's stats from pro-football-reference.com.

*No one has yet to explain why TF anyone would pretend to be a Jets fan of all things.

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And Ulbrich sucks. Lawson, and Clemons were invisible and JJ was nearly invisible. He put Joyner out there who sucked and Whitehead was not much better. 

JJ had half a sack. Which is ∞% more sacks than Vernon Gholston's entire career.